Value of: Is Lindholm's value plummeting? Will a team regret trading for him?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

SeanMoneyHands

Apr 18, 2019
Lindholm in Colorado makes the most sense. It would be the perfect situation for him where he's no longer a guy expected to bring offence every night. He's a serviceable #1C but more suited as a #2C on a deep team.

TheBigLetowski

Jul 31, 2016
Lindholm to Carolina or Avs maker the most sense. Both need 2C, ASAP! Interesting to see where he'll end up.

HighLifeMan

#SnowyStrong
Feb 26, 2009
You're clearly not watching Monahan currently if you think he's on some fluky "half season heater" as it seems you're insinuating. And he's been carrying his line. We have literally 2/3rds of our second line and basically all of our 3rd line injured for ages now. He's playing with scraps and guys with no offense. All players go through some droughts, and Monahan is no different and was producing decent last year too.

Not saying he'll fetch as much or more than Lindholm if traded, but I think it's not as wide a difference as many of you here seem to think. Especially considering a nearly 3mil cap hit difference. Unless Cgy can afford to retain, that may just be enough to deter some teams. Which often is the case considering most contenders are at or near the cap.

But it's all talk from all sides at this point. Guess we may find out soon enough.

I wasn't referring to Monahan in that regard. I was stating that in the same way guy's can go on half season heaters (Like Coleman for example), other's can go the other way and have poor luck. Elias Lindholm is not a 6% shooter - It's a good bet the averages will start to even out and he will go on a very productive run in short order.

Additionally - Calgary absolutely has the ability to retain half on Lindholm. They specifically didn't retain on Zadorov in order to have that flexibility at the deadline with three better players being UFA at seasons end (Lindholm, Hanifin, Tanev)

Reactions: LesCanadiens

LesCanadiens

Hardcore Curmudgeon
Feb 27, 2002
West Kelowna
I wasn't referring to Monahan in that regard. I was stating that in the same way guy's can go on half season heaters (Like Coleman for example), other's can go the other way and have poor luck. Elias Lindholm is not a 6% shooter - It's a good bet the averages will start to even out and he will go on a very productive run in short order.

Additionally - Calgary absolutely has the ability to retain half on Lindholm. They specifically didn't retain on Zadorov in order to have that flexibility at the deadline with three better players being UFA at seasons end (Lindholm, Hanifin, Tanev)
Thanks for the clarification. Makes perfect sense now.

How do you figure?
Yeah, exactly. No way that's all that Lindholm gets. Especially if CGY is willing to retain some salary to open-up a wider market. He gets at least a 1st or equivalent. Solid 200ft centers who are great in the FO circle are near the top of the list for teams looking for an edge come playoff time.

Reactions: HighLifeMan

Ace Rimmer

Stoke me a clipper.
I almost wonder if a Lindholm trade is about to drop. You have Dube gone from the team and the club waiving multiple players at once. Could be a package deal coming back and Flames need the roster spots.
Unfortunately, the reason is a bit more pedestrian.

The waivers are most likely to make room to welcome Oliver Kylington back to the team (playing tonight apparently) and to make room for Jakob Pelletier now that he's recovered from injury.

Reactions: DingDongCharlie

madmike77

Jan 9, 2009

The waivers are most likely to make room to welcome Oliver Kylington back to the team (playing tonight apparently) and to make room for Jakob Pelletier now that he's recovered from injury.
Man I forgot all about Pelletier. Those should both be nice upgrades.

User1996

Jun 24, 2020
I could see Lindholm being really effective in Colorado. That said, my expectations on return have come down since the start of the year unfortunately.

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
I'd like to see him between Perfetti and Vilardi.
I think their 5 VS 5 numbers would be outrageous.

Petes2424

Aug 4, 2005
Think it’s safe to say, they were getting about what the Canucks got for Horvat last year. Maybe that goes down some, but not much.

Where it may effect things more, is with the team trading for him, and what they’re willing to pay him on an extension. That may be an issue, which could take teams out of the Lindholm sweepstakes. Still think they get a nice package though.

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010

Oh that makes sense. I didn’t know Kylington was back.

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
The top 4 teams in the league are all reportedly interested in adding a top 6 center. Lindholm is still the best player available by quite a large gap. This alone should create a bidding war
Jake Guentzel, if available, is better than Lindholm. Certainly this season.

Ledge And Dairy

Jake Guentzel, if available, is better than Lindholm. Certainly this season.
He hasn't been made available yet, and he is also not a center, which I clearly stated in the first sentence.

If you want to talk about the most valuable player that could be moved this deadline that belongs to Zegras or Chychrun. Guentzel pales in comparison to them value wise simply due team control

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
The Dubois situation might give some pause but it's a seller's market. Calgary will get a ton if they sell him. It's the team getting him that may regret it

ScottishCanuck

May 9, 2010
Scotland
“Hi Craig. It’s Patrick and Jim calling from Vancouver. Hope you’re well. I know you set that asking price for Elias, but we’ve just taken a peek at HF Boards and a few fans seem to be driving down his value a bit. So we’re not comfortable paying it. Would you consider this instead? We saw it in the Trade Rumours and Free Agency talk subforum.”

• Love
  • Wow
Reactions: Indiana and McJedi

FLAMESFAN

Feb 27, 2002
I'd like to see him between Perfetti and Vilardi.
I think their 5 VS 5 numbers would be outrageous.
I agree, I think he'd do great in WPG, and you guys would love him.
But I'm still hoping for 1 late 1st and the best prospect we can get.

FLAMESFAN

Feb 27, 2002
I'm not that big on Lucuis personally. I'd prefer the Avs offer if it was 1st & Ritchie.

Sweetpotato

Jan 10, 2014
Edmonton
The Dubois situation might give some pause but it's a seller's market. Calgary will get a ton if they sell him. It's the team getting him that may regret it
VERY different players and situations. I'd take him on the oil as insurance but he'd be a luxury that might be too costly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad