Value of: Is Lindholm's value plummeting? Will a team regret trading for him?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

KnuckChuckinTkachuk

Give'yer balls a tug
Jan 23, 2011
I mean sure he isn't playing up to par right now but put Lindholm on anyone of Colorado, Boston, Winnipeg, Vancouver, Caroli..(uh maybe not) etc. and he will do great down the stretch. If the Avs get him, they are the favorites for the cup.

Last edited:
Reactions: FLAMESFAN

Price is Wright

Feb 5, 2010
essex
Columbus should agree to eat a chunk of his cap to whatever team he gets traded to in exchange for trading him back to Columbus before free agency begins so they can negotiate with him early. Might be the best way to get Gaudreau going next year.

FLAMESFAN

Feb 27, 2002
Alot of talk of Av fans wanting to add to RyJo to dump him.

Back to Lindholm for Ritchie & 1st - we'll even take RyJo. This is a win for both teams, what the heck are they waiting on?

John Mandalorian

2022 Avs: The First Dance
Nov 29, 2018

Back to Lindholm for Ritchie & 1st - we'll even take RyJo. This is a win for both teams, what the heck are they waiting on?

The better option would be to trade Johansen to a team that doesnt want to pay the ask on Monahan since theyre similar players. Yes, the Avs likely have to pay a pick but maybe a lesser one by exploiting the circumstance.

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
I was going to post "the whole team is struggling offensively bla bla bla" then i checked and saw that Blake Coleman is Calgary's first scorer with 40 points WTF is happening in Calgary? Coleman is +22 lol

Reactions: The Gr8 Dane

crackdown44

Cold milk cools down hot food
Dec 1, 2017

Man I love Ritchie but if you’re going to make me watch Huberdeau and RyJo play together I’m going to need you to throw in a rope and instructions on how to tie a proper noose

FLAMESFAN

Feb 27, 2002
Man I love Ritchie but if you’re going to make me watch Huberdeau and RyJo play together I’m going to need you to throw in a rope and instructions on how to tie a proper noose
Gonna be tough times ahead either way. Piling up some picks and prospects gives hope at least.

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
I was going to post "the whole team is struggling offensively bla bla bla" then i checked and saw that Blake Coleman is Calgary's first scorer with 40 points WTF is happening in Calgary? Coleman is +22 lol
Coleman and Backlund are a very, very good line with anyone you play them with except Huberdeau. No one can carry Huberdeau. He might be the worst player in the league right now. Honestly, if you took Backlund and Coleman away and trade Lindholm and Hanifin this team is right there with San Jose and Chicago.

HitterD

Apr 25, 2022
Calgary
Coleman and Backlund are a very, very good line with anyone you play them with except Huberdeau. No one can carry Huberdeau. He might be the worst player in the league right now. Honestly, if you took Backlund and Coleman away and trade Lindholm and Hanifin this team is right there with San Jose and Chicago.

On one hand I agree that if you take Coleman and Backlund away etc the Flames are for sure in a lottery position (Markstrom too, has been a big reason the Flames were battling near a playoff position).

Huberdeau didnt work with Backlund and Coleman for sure, and had a terrible drought in December but has managed 11 points in 13 games since Dec 31, and a -1. Not terrible, nowhere near playing like the worst player in the league right now ( I know this was hyperbole).

My point, i think, is that Backlund and Coleman are incredibly valuable and even moreso when paired with someone younger that plays their style (Mangiapane for now but Pelletier would be ideal for me). Huberdeau needed a strong shooter and works well with Shanangovich, and should work with Lindholm as well but for some reason Lindholm forgot how to shoot this year.

SeanMoneyHands

Apr 18, 2019
If Im the Flames, I would take a 1st for Lindholm. Don't get your hopes up on getting a top 6 player back. Hopefully with Lindholm being at the All Star game, it can showcase him and Conroy makes a deal soon after.

Ragdoll

Feb 15, 2018
For what it’s worth, Bob Stauffer who is really plugged into the Oilers threw out that the Oilers would be looking at something like two 1sts, Kulak and a roster player as an offer for Lindholm. There’s enough top teams that need top 6 centers, I have a feeling flames fans will be very happy with the return.

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
For what it’s worth, Bob Stauffer who is really plugged into the Oilers threw out that the Oilers would be looking at something like two 1sts, Kulak and a roster player as an offer for Lindholm. There’s enough top teams that need top 6 centers, I have a feeling flames fans will be very happy with the return.
Would depend on the roster player. Oilers should be all over Tanev. I question their need for Lindholm honestly. 3 top 6 centers (two of them superstars and one a very good 2 way guy) and McLeod a solid 3C. They need a Tanev type I think. Can't be playing Bouchard against top 6 guys come playoff time.

I hate to admit it, but I think you guys are 1 piece away from being the prohibitive cup favorite. A shutdown D that can move the puck. I'm hating that McDavid has finally stopped chasing Art Ross trophies and isn't cherry picking anymore. It makes you guys a very tough out. He's actually leading and not being selfish like he was before.

Ragdoll

Feb 15, 2018
Would depend on the roster player. Oilers should be all over Tanev. I question their need for Lindholm honestly. 3 top 6 centers (two of them superstars and one a very good 2 way guy) and McLeod a solid 3C. They need a Tanev type I think. Can't be playing Bouchard against top 6 guys come playoff time.

I hate to admit it, but I think you guys are 1 piece away from being the prohibitive cup favorite. A shutdown D that can move the puck. I'm hating that McDavid has finally stopped chasing Art Ross trophies and isn't cherry picking anymore. It makes you guys a very tough out. He's actually leading and not being selfish like he was before.
I thought it was an overkill suggestion when I heard it to be honest but again this guy doesn’t spew nonsense, if he’s talking about it, good chance that’s the direction the organization is looking to go. Maybe they just want him so Colorado or Vancouver doesn’t get him.

I do agree, a Tanev or Larsson type defensive would be cheaper in cost and I think fills more of a need. Would rather get a cheaper center if that’s the hole they think they need to fill.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
If Im the Flames, I would take a 1st for Lindholm. Don't get your hopes up on getting a top 6 player back. Hopefully with Lindholm being at the All Star game, it can showcase him and Conroy makes a deal soon after.
GMs aren’t fans and don’t get their hopes up. If they are moving a player they have a value in mind are Pursue it. Lindholm’s highest value will come as the TDL approaches and the Flames can get a bit of a bidding war going amongst the most aggressive buyers.

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
Huberdeau - 26pts in 46 games.

Monahan's most used linemates - combined 24pts in 75 games

Lindholm makes 4.65m, Monahan makes 1.985m.

Im not the type of poster who's saying 'Monahan is going to get multiple firsts!!' but I am expecting Flames fans to be disappointed to see what Lindholm would fetch.
Monahan is simply not as versatile of player as Lindholm. We know that Monahan is a one trick pony in many ways. He is a complimentary player who can score in the right situation, but is relatively useless if he isn't scoring. Lindholm has shown he can produce, and aside from this year has produced well when he was the go to player on a line. He is also the type of player you can use without fear in any situation. The only edge Monahan has, is if a team needs someone dirt cheap.

Reactions: Bye Bye Blueston

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
I thought it was an overkill suggestion when I heard it to be honest but again this guy doesn’t spew nonsense, if he’s talking about it, good chance that’s the direction the organization is looking to go. Maybe they just want him so Colorado or Vancouver doesn’t get him.

I do agree, a Tanev or Larsson type defensive would be cheaper in cost and I think fills more of a need. Would rather get a cheaper center if that’s the hole they think they need to fill.
Agreed, doesn't have to be Tanev. It could be Larsson, although I don't like his first pass as much as Tanev's and that's important to the Oilers transition game. Sean Walker I think would be a good fit too if Philly makes him available. Just a guy who can defend top 6 players, while still feeding the transition game.

I don't think the Oilers need to be scared of Vancouver. I think Dallas, Colorado and Vegas (if healthy) are the teams that could potentially knock them off if things go poorly.

Bankerguy

Apr 28, 2013
The guy plays in his own zone. He's also a right hand shot and good at faceoffs. Lastly he has adequate enough size to survive bumps and bruises that come with the playoffs.
He could put up a 0.5 point per game pace and easily secure a 1st round pick

InfinityIggy

Zagidulin's Dad
Jan 30, 2011
His value is definitely plummeting. I don't think a team will regret trading for him, though.

He is just the type of player where you get out of him what you give him. If he plays with some wingers that are above his own calibre and he is on a contender he is all of a sudden going to look like he did between Gaudreau or Tkachuk.

He is a really good complimentary top 6 forward, some team is gonna get him at reduced value and it'll pay dividends for them.

John Mandalorian

2022 Avs: The First Dance
Nov 29, 2018
His value is definitely plummeting. I don't think a team will regret trading for him, though.

He is just the type of player where you get out of him what you give him. If he plays with some wingers that are above his own calibre and he is on a contender he is all of a sudden going to look like he did between Gaudreau or Tkachuk.

He is a really good complimentary top 6 forward, some team is gonna get him at reduced value and it'll pay dividends for them.

Agreed. Hoping that team is the Avs especially if he becomes less costly.

Just Linda

Feb 24, 2018
Monahan is simply not as versatile of player as Lindholm. We know that Monahan is a one trick pony in many ways. He is a complimentary player who can score in the right situation, but is relatively useless if he isn't scoring. Lindholm has shown he can produce, and aside from this year has produced well when he was the go to player on a line. He is also the type of player you can use without fear in any situation. The only edge Monahan has, is if a team needs someone dirt cheap.
Monahan plays pp1, pk1, has mostly defensive zone starts, and still is pacing for 68pts while playing with 30+ year old players who had career high of 45pts and 30pts. He was point per game when he played with an elite playmaker.

Lindholm is the same mold of player away from high end offensive talent except he's done it more recently.

They are a lot more similar than you seem to think.

Phrasing

Nov 16, 2007
This isn't actual news since it's from the depths of twitter, but how do Rangers and Flames fans feel about Cuylle, Kakko and a 1st round pick for Lindholm+?

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
This isn't actual news since it's from the depths of twitter, but how do Rangers and Flames fans feel about Cuylle, Kakko and a 1st round pick for Lindholm+?
I'd do it from a Flames perspective without a second thought. I know Kakko has been brutal, but sometimes a change of scenery can unlock a player. Ie. Bennett.

Some Other Flame

Dec 4, 2010
Ryan O'Reilly had 19 points in 40 games with the Blues last year and still managed to fetch a 1st, 2nd, 3rd, Abramov, and Gaudette.

Lindholm in comparison has 32 in 49 on a more offensively challenged team.

Barring some form of wholesale incompetence from the Flames front office (can never rule it out entirely), they should get a healthy return. No blue chip prospects or young cheap productive roster players but some high picks and maybe some recently drafted not yet NHL players at least.

Alluckks

Gabriel Perreault Fan Account
Sponsor
Nov 2, 2011
Seems awful for the Rangers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad