Value of: Is Lindholm's value plummeting? Will a team regret trading for him?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

CanMerc

#FIRECHEVY
Dec 7, 2023
I would, Lindholm is by far the best center available at the TDL IMO, someone IMO the Jets wouldn't mind resigning.
I honestly think they’d have a good shot of resigning him too… contender with a good offence and really good wingers he can play with

bringbacktheskate604

Jul 20, 2022
That would be the worst thing possible but what our brilliant management team will try.

Can't get 8th place with the young, elite talent you get from drafting top 5.
What's the reason the owners refuse to say fuc* it and blow it up? I mean seeing the position that played in JG and MT should have been a wake up call
I know at the time Brad was praised for the MT deal and in a vacuum it was pretty impressive but immediately extending them was not, they likely could have even gotten a better futures based deal and if not weegs and huby likely could have garnered quite a bit as rentals.

Are owners worried attendence will plummet and now that the arena is locked down does that change anything?

Hanifin, Tanev, Weeger, Kadri, Lindholm, Marky, Igor, should all be on the table.

Not every piece has to be for picks or even prospects, they can do hockey trades for a guy like Marky since they have Wolf and Vladar.

From the nucks Pov, Tanev and Lindholm max retention likely gets a package of at least 1 1st a 2nd and a top prospect and that's just the obvious. Tanev likely gets a 2nd and a prospect and Lindholm likely gets a 1st a 3rd and a great prospect.

Weeger, Hanifin, both would have good value, both would get at least one high value piece and Marky and Kadri, especially with retention would have some value but TBH I'm not sure what they would be worth.

The flip side is being stuck as a middling team with at least 4 teams in the Pacific clearly better and in the west overall they are like 12th to 9th with most teams around them better off going forward.
I'm not a big believer in scorched re-builds or tanking which is why I say not all trades need to be for picks and young prospects but at the same time the flames need to get a few blue chippers to go along with Wolf. Guys like Zary and Pelletier are likely top 6 guys adding a few top picks over the next couple of drafts plus all the pieces they could get along with tons of cap sets them up for a possible quick turnaround.

bringbacktheskate604

Jul 20, 2022
And he's still in 4th place for points on his team...
I mean the guy your responding to was convinced that JT Miller and basically any nuck over 24 had little value and when someone struggles their value plummets.

For me as a nucks fan I put more stock in what I think Lindholm (extended) would bring going forward. He likely gets easier assignments considering getting him allows for EP to play with JT and Brock but it also allows Tochett to experiment with different combos.

JT and Brock are attached at the hip and have already shown that pretty much whoever plays with them sees a bump in production so we could see Makheyev or Kuzmenko tried with them and EP and Lindholm together along with Hoglander.
Getting him basically guarantees that EP will have a linemate that is an upgrade. I mean personally the two E's with Kuzmenko is intriguing it's also a boost on special teams.
If I'm JR and we have a chance to get him, I'm not dicking around on the draft pick. A 1st and any prospect not named Willander, likely won't have to the impact he could have in the next 3 years.
The only thing this slump had caused is he's likely lost some money on his next contract if the rumour he turned down 9 million is true.

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
W
Might have been put out there already but Bob Stauffer was spitballing and he threw out -
2024 1st, Xavier Bourgault, and Brett Kulak for Lindholm at 50%.

I really don't see them being able to acquire a goalie and the plan is probably to bring Campbell up for the playoffs. They would need to add a 6/7 defenseman before the deadline as well

Draisaitl-McDavid-Hyman
RNH-Lindholm-Kane
Holloway-McLeod-Perry
Janmark-Ryan-Foegele
Brown

Nurse-Ceci
Ekholm-Bouchard
Vet/Broberg-Desharnais

Skinner
Pickard/Campbell
oof. A B- prospect, cap filler and a low 1st round pick. flames GM loses this trade in gigantic fashion. His face ripped off by Edmonton.

Homesick

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2005
Calgary
W

oof. A B- prospect, cap filler and a low 1st round pick. flames GM loses this trade in gigantic fashion. His face ripped off by Edmonton.
I haven't seen a better proposal on here.
No contender has the cap space to fit him in, and no lottery team will be willing to give up their 1st for a rental.
As for Kulak; the Flames will be extremely weak on the left side with Hanifin all but out the door and I'm sure Kulak is an upgrade on Gilbert/Osterle(hardly a cap filler)

Can you come up with a better proposal?

Flair Hay

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2010
Winnipeg
No contender has the cap space to fit him in, and no lottery team will be willing to give up their 1st for a rental.
As for Kulak; the Flames will be extremely weak on the left side with Hanifin all but out the door and I'm sure Kulak is an upgrade on Gilbert/Osterle(hardly a cap filler)

I think the offer is in the ball park. Its not quite there imo because there is taking back salary involved and the fact that it's Edmonton.

I think a 1st and expendable prospect is the rough value and any retention or salary going the other way increases the price accordingly.

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida

I bet 12 teams could come up with better proposals.

It’s basically a late first and a nobody cap filler. Ira terrible.

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011

Anyone is an upgrade of Oesterle. He's the worst defenseman I've ever seen with the Flames. I mean we do have 5 top 4 defensemen right now. Gilbert is a fine #7. And with 5 top 4 guys do you really need anything better? Now if we trade Hanifin and Tanev then we have 3 top 4 defensemen. Does Kulak really help with that?

The issue with the deal is not the inclusion of Kulak however. It's the lack of a good asset. Bourgault is not worth anything. He's not developed at all in his time as a pro. I'd want picks from the Oilers, not failed prospects. Beau Ackey, 1st in 2024, 2nd in 2025, 2nd in 2026 and you can dump Ceci on us.

MM917

Aug 18, 2022
What's the reason the owners refuse to say fuc* it and blow it up? I mean seeing the position that played in JG and MT should have been a wake up call
I know at the time Brad was praised for the MT deal and in a vacuum it was pretty impressive but immediately extending them was not, they likely could have even gotten a better futures based deal and if not weegs and huby likely could have garnered quite a bit as rentals.

Are owners worried attendence will plummet and now that the arena is locked down does that change anything?

Hanifin, Tanev, Weeger, Kadri, Lindholm, Marky, Igor, should all be on the table.

Not every piece has to be for picks or even prospects, they can do hockey trades for a guy like Marky since they have Wolf and Vladar.

From the nucks Pov, Tanev and Lindholm max retention likely gets a package of at least 1 1st a 2nd and a top prospect and that's just the obvious. Tanev likely gets a 2nd and a prospect and Lindholm likely gets a 1st a 3rd and a great prospect.

Weeger, Hanifin, both would have good value, both would get at least one high value piece and Marky and Kadri, especially with retention would have some value but TBH I'm not sure what they would be worth.

The flip side is being stuck as a middling team with at least 4 teams in the Pacific clearly better and in the west overall they are like 12th to 9th with most teams around them better off going forward.
I'm not a big believer in scorched re-builds or tanking which is why I say not all trades need to be for picks and young prospects but at the same time the flames need to get a few blue chippers to go along with Wolf. Guys like Zary and Pelletier are likely top 6 guys adding a few top picks over the next couple of drafts plus all the pieces they could get along with tons of cap sets them up for a possible quick turnaround.

Owners goal is not to win but to make money. 5 years straight if first round play-off revenue is the goal. Missing out in play-offs for one season, even if it improves you for future is not in their acceptable outcomes.

Unfortunately our moronic management group seem to a. Overrate this group and B. Buy into the BS “get in and anything can happen”

MM917

Aug 18, 2022

Bourgault has zero value, Kulak negative value and if they add Lindholm that first is going to be 25-30th range.

That is an awful return for Lindholm with no retention, retaining 50% for that is an insulting offer.

Bond

May 10, 2012
I think the offer is in the ball park. Its not quite there imo because there is taking back salary involved and the fact that it's Edmonton.

I think a 1st and expendable prospect is the rough value and any retention or salary going the other way increases the price accordingly.
The Flames can do a better prospect than Bourgault and if they can’t they’ll take a similar filler guy and a 1st from any team besides Edmonton

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017

Coming UFA (soon to be 30) who is having a down season. Not too sure any club will pay that kind of price. More likely it’s a late first and a 20-23 year old prospect and a recently drafted guy (not in NA pro hockey) that’s a B level.

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
Coming UFA (soon to be 30) who is having a down season. Not too sure any club will pay that kind of price. More likely it’s a late first and a 20-23 year old prospect and a recently drafted guy (not in NA pro hockey) that’s a B level.
How is just turned 29 suddenly soon to be 30? I don't think your value is that far off, just think it's silly to try to lower values by calling a guy who just turned 29 soon to be 30.

FLAMESFAN

Feb 27, 2002
A few teams will likekly be sorry they didn't trade for him.

Get your offers in quick, or sit idle while your competition better themselves!

Tkachuk Norris

Jun 22, 2012
Yeah this isn’t happening. But the brutal offers in this thread aren’t happening either. Truth will be in the middle. Stat watchers don’t love guys like Lindholm but GMs and hockey executives love Cs that are 200 ft players, win draws, kill penalties and chip in offensively.

Nov 1, 2011
This has terrible long term contract written all over it.

Just like Bo Horvat.

Bourne Endeavor

Apr 6, 2009
Montreal, Quebec
This is laughable from a Bruins perspective, they wouldn't even trade Frederic for him one on one.

It's equally laughable for the Canucks too. Why in the world would we give up a 14 goal scoring prospect who's only 23 and playing phenomenal despite getting fourth line minutes?

The whole point of getting Lindholm is adding scoring depth, not subtracting it. They also very clearly haven't watched a single Canucks game.

Reactions: SPLBRUIN
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad