Interesting Info: Part XXII (Jackets-related "tidbits" here)

hockeywiz542

May 26, 2008

Blue Jackets getting calls about third-overall pick

Jarmo Kekalainen was a guest on The Jeff Marek Show Monday afternoon and the Columbus Blue Jackets general manager said he has already had multiple proposals regarding the No. 3 overall pick in the 2023 NHL Draft but he said “none of them have been even close to what it would take” to trade out of that spot.

Kekalainen has shown over the years he isn’t afraid to pull off blockbuster deals. Since 2021 he has traded Pierre-Luc Dubois, Seth Jones, Cam Atkinson, Oliver Bjorkstrand, Gustav Nyquist, Nick Foligno and Jakub Voracek among others. Not to mention earlier this month he acquired Damon Severson and Ivan Provorov in separate deals to bolster his blue line. Kekalainen added he’s open to trading the No. 3 pick if the right offer were to hypothetically come his way but as it stands he expects Columbus will end up selecting a quality prospect that will help the franchise long term.

ViD

#CBJNeedHugs
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2007
Blue Jackets Area
CBJ reunion ? Bob missing though

IMG_8687.jpeg

CBJWerenski8

Rest in Peace Johnny
Jun 13, 2009
Usually we start a schedule release thread but they never really make it by page 1 or 2. So I’ll just put it here

So here’s our preseason schedule

Reactions: ThirdPeriodTurtle

tunnelvision

Jul 31, 2021
Usually we start a schedule release thread but they never really make it by page 1 or 2. So I’ll just put it here

So here’s our preseason schedule

I expect games at Pittsburgh, Washington and Buffalo to be televised. Columbus and St. Louis have had deals with FOX and Bally in the past, and from what I can remember, they have rarely aired any preseason games. So for other games we're possibly going to get those jumbotron feeds with super useful "puck tails" and name tags.

ThirdPeriodTurtle

Sponsor
Jul 13, 2022
Finland
Yes that's Cole. Good to see he's training already.

I wonder if Sillinger will take part in the CBJ Development Camp starting on July 1st? (Hence why he'd be one of the first to resume proper training?) I have no idea what the rules and requirements are but I could see the argument both ways...

thebus88

19/20 Columbus Blue Jackets: "It Is What It Is"
Sep 27, 2017
Michigan
Is this him? Saw this the other day. I wish they would put the names on the pictures the team posts.

Not only am I convinced that Sillinger should not be used as a center, that he would be better utilized as a shooting/scoring winger, but also that his “development” hasn’t been ruined or hindered in any way, and that he is simply just a YOUNG player, playing out of position, while -possibly the most important- being OUT OF SHAPE.

Reactions: Jovavic

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad