Interesting Info: Part XXII (Jackets-related "tidbits" here)

ViD

#CBJNeedHugs
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2007
Blue Jackets Area
Not only am I convinced that Sillinger should not be used as a center, that he would be better utilized as a shooting/scoring winger, but also that his “development” hasn’t been ruined or hindered in any way, and that he is simply just a YOUNG player, playing out of position, while -possibly the most important- being OUT OF SHAPE.
He doesn’t look out of shape in the pics above

Reactions: koteka

koteka

Jan 1, 2017
Central Ohio
I could believe that he's actually cut fat in the last couple months. I thought he was carrying extra this year. He had more visible fat around the jaw than he does in those photos.

I was thinking the guy looks like he has gotten himself into much better shape over the last couple of months, but I also wasn’t 100% sure it was him. Let’s hope he works out, works on his skating, and stays away from the Canadian pop stars this off-season.

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
Of course part of his being fit for playing is cardio/endurance which I’m not sure you can see via photography.

Although I’m sure some of our fitness community will come around and tell me you can.

Reactions: Viqsi

GoJackets1

Someday.
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2008
Montana
The Seth Jones/Ryan Johansen trade 7 years later

CBJ=David Jiříček

Preds=UFA Alex Galchenyuk, 4 million against the cap for 2 years

other pieces were involved, but these are the main takeaways.
Jiricek, Boqvist, Sillinger, and Bean… Definitely a win for CBJ. Lol

GoJackets1

Someday.
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2008
Montana
Maybe. None of those players have truly cemented themselves as NHLers

Well, most of them are certainly more likely to be NHL contributors in 2023 and beyond than Galchenyuk is at this point. Big thanks to Stan Bowman for the haul.

That said, Joey only being a cap dump is still pretty surprising to me.

Reactions: CBJx614

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
Amazing how we win every trade and in the end we are where we are.
Set up better for the future? Sucks bottoming out but all the great teams have gone through it. Its better than what Vancouver was doing and just building the most random overpaid team they could. Atleast the deal mentioned there was all future pieces and atleast 1 of them has sky high upside

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Meanwhile on the mains:

As soon as I saw that I knew that I had to have Geoff Platt as the #1C (although I did also consider Stanley Cup Champion Mark Hartigan). And of course the top wingers would have to be Picard and Filatov. It went downhill from there.

• Haha
Reactions: ThirdPeriodTurtle

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
Meanwhile on the mains:

As soon as I saw that I knew that I had to have Geoff Platt as the #1C (although I did also consider Stanley Cup Champion Mark Hartigan). And of course the top wingers would have to be Picard and Filatov. It went downhill from there.

Attachments

• ciao-bye.gif
    ciao-bye.gif
    3.8 MB · Views: 0

KallioWeHardlyKnewYe

Hey! We won!
May 30, 2003
Meanwhile on the mains:

As a fan of Remembering Guys™ I enjoyed this.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad