Interesting Info: Part XXII (Jackets-related "tidbits" here)

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus

*word balloon*

It's 'a'.

1689000309386.png

razor ray

May 8, 2011
The Columbus Blue Jackets continue to display a masterclass of drafting. They landed an absolute stud in Adam Fantilli at 3rd overall this year and have culminated one of the most talented prospect pools in the entire NHL. They have A-grade prospects on their roster and in the pipeline ready to take the next step. Where they shine the most is on the blue line with Adam Boqvist in the NHL and other great defensemen like David Jiříček, Denton Mateychuk, Stanislav Svozil, and Corson Ceulemans. Not to mention they have a world-class forward group with Fantilli looking to play in the NHL this year. He will join former Michigan Wolverine Kent Johnson, Cole Sillinger, and Kirill Marchenko. It is going to take a while for Columbus to be competitive in the tense Metropolitan Division, but they are in excellent position moving forward.

Nanabijou

Booooooooooone
Dec 22, 2009
Columbus, Ohio
Boone's first pre-season game after he got drafted in 2011 was against the Jets (hence my avatar), and he was named one of the stars of the game. He skated right across the ice, zoned in on my younger son and tossed him the stick. Still have it hanging it up - it has his signature and #71 on it which he was wearing because it was assigned to him as a prospect. He got sent back to juniors after that.

Long Live Lyle

Feb 10, 2019
Chicago, IL

This simultaneously both makes complete sense rationally to me (when I think about the numerous seasons - good and bad - we’ve gone through with Boone on the team, that he was an A forever and is now the C, etc.) and also feels really weird to me (feels like he was just drafted yesterday, isn’t a “star”/All-Star so it’s weird that he holds that title, etc.)

Xoggz22

Mar 4, 2002
Columbus, Ohio
I just ran across this article claiming the CBJ and Canucks are working on a trade involving Anthony Beauvillier, Jacob Truscott and a pick to the Jackets for Andrew Peeke. Apparently this would provide Vancouver with some cap relief.

I am not familiar with the rumor's source, nhltradrumor.com. Are they a trustworthy source?

This doesn't look like a possible trade but more like a thought process by someone on how to help VAN.

koteka

Jan 1, 2017
Central Ohio

For those outside the US, the Cincinnati Reds are surprisingly good this year and have a rookie who might be the most exciting player in baseball, Elly De La Cruz. If the Reds were bad this season, I am not sure Bally’s would have bothered making a payment.

One really bad thing about the financial problems of Bally’s Sports is we might never get tv commercials featuring a combo of Elly De La Cruz and Luca Del Bel Belluz.

JacketsDavid

Jan 11, 2013
For those outside the US, the Cincinnati Reds are surprisingly good this year and have a rookie who might be the most exciting player in baseball, Elly De La Cruz. If the Reds were bad this season, I am not sure Bally’s would have bothered making a payment.

One really bad thing about the financial problems of Bally’s Sports is we might never get tv commercials featuring a combo of Elly De La Cruz and Luca Del Bel Belluz.
Ballys made most of the payments at Beginning of the season. For almost all teams (something like 90% of payments were made up front).
The Padres took over their own network and MLB began broadcasting their games (but sounds like everything was intact and MLB guaranteed them something like 85-90% of the contract with Ballys for this season).
Next year will be a whole new ball game for MLB and Ballys, but seems like they have it covered this year.

Note: I listen to a lot of MLB network and they have gone over it several times on there.

Nov 13, 2006
Ohio
I remember being at the season ticket holder meeting and people asking how soon Jenner would make the jump from Oshawa.
I remember when Jenner was drafted, a number of people were saying the Jackets just drafted a future captain.

Please note I wasn't one of the people saying that. I was just hoping he would be able to make the big club eventually.

Reactions: Cowumbus

I3LI3

Jan 9, 2021
Columbus, OH
60465C09-2D4A-4AFF-AFB0-9CF1A1895194.jpeg

my mom is sitting next to some random dude at the taylor swift concert tonight in LA… never seen him in my life. (he’s a confirmed ‘swifty’)

oh hey jody!!

haha my mom told me yesterday that her bestfriend’s good friend wasn’t going to be able to make it to the taylor swift concert tonight so instead her husband and their daughter was going to go. (they’re all sitting together) my mom goes…you’ll never believe who it is. a jackets player!!! (she forgot to add in the ‘ex’ before jackets lol.. so I instantly thought Laine for some reason but then I was like.. he doesn’t have a wife or a daughter lmao) she said “Jody Shelley”

the legend himself. my mom soaking in t swift with jody lol. classic.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad