Interesting Info: Part XXII (Jackets-related "tidbits" here)

tunnelvision

Jul 31, 2021
But poor Josh how he was crushed. :D Also Jarmo showing a bit more emotion behind the scenes on that 3rd pick,
That was once again my favorite part of the episode, watching the contrast between Jarmo's "gotta keep a straight face" and Flynn's behavior. Great comedic value there.

A little disappointing that they didn't show more bits of the exit interviews.

Reactions: ThirdPeriodTurtle

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
Teams like Toronto operated knowing it would jump considerably. Covid just caused it to happen many years after it would have. Chris Johnston a year or 2 ago said expect players to line up contracts to end in the next couple years to hit the same time as the big increases to the cap

Reactions: CBJx614

Jovavic

Concept of a Plan
Oct 13, 2002
New Born Citizen Erased
Teams like Toronto operated knowing it would jump considerably. Covid just caused it to happen many years after it would have. Chris Johnston a year or 2 ago said expect players to line up contracts to end in the next couple years to hit the same time as the big increases to the cap
I think it's the Canes and Hawks but I remember seeing a few teams only have two or three players signed through 2025, setting themselves up to have a ton of space when the cap does go up

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
I think it's the Canes and Hawks but I remember seeing a few teams only have two or three players signed through 2025, setting themselves up to have a ton of space when the cap does go up
If its anything like what happened in the NBA they wont spread the wealth, just the stars will make more. Will be interesting to see but I bet top players will still make the same % of the overall cap

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Sponsor
Jan 12, 2011
Zerdev. OMG!! What skill…..one of my favorite Blue Jackets to watch. Great talent but what a FU. If he was a golfer he’d have been John Day.

Reactions: JacketsDavid

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Sponsor
Jan 12, 2011
Anything good?
No, not really anything beyond prior comments made in his articles and podcasts. He did say that the defensive play in the first three weeks of the season was the worst he’d seen in his time with the Jackets. While,not a surprise, it was a strong statement.

Reactions: ThisIsMyAlibi

morehockeystats

Unusual hockey stats
Dec 13, 2016
Columbus
morehockeystats.com
I went to the STH marketing event today. It was bizarre, and very different from the one I attended two years ago. No signage around arena, and no greeters outside - took me a while finding the actual entrance. No open concessions - only free light snack/beverage stands. The shop shut down before the end of the event. 80% of the visitors were standing in a long solemn line to get a Cole Sillinger autograph.

The setup was that you had to navigate around arena seats to pick up a plan that you like. That navigation, including blocked passages (due to construction) was also quite a quest. The sales people were very easy, no pressure whatsoever, which was good. But the whole atmosphere was strange.

The best part was the Columbus "traffic" Friday night at 7pm, and the parking that costed ... $2.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad