Interesting Info: Part XXII (Jackets-related "tidbits" here)

ThirdPeriodTurtle

Sponsor
Jul 13, 2022
Finland
DailyFaceoff has Gavrikov #6 in today's trade targets article: Trade talks heating up with Canucks’ Bo Horvat, No. 1 on latest Trade Targets. The blurp:

6. Vladislav Gavrikov
Left Defense, Columbus Blue Jackets​
Stats: 44 GP, 3 G, 7 A, 10 Pts​
Contract: Pending UFA, $2.8 million AAV​
Scoop: Everything has gone so wrong in Columbus that the Blue Jackets have reached the proverbial “Our pets’ heads are falling off” stage. For a team that spent $80 million this offseason, they’re suddenly leading the Bedard Watch. Injuries have mounted. Structure has been lacking. And Gavrikov is sitting there as a nice potential trade chip. Gavrikov is a strong defender, a true defense-first defenseman, and nearly every team can maneuver his cap hit. What does the package look like? The Blue Jackets received first and third-round picks for David Savard in 2021. Gavrikov is probably a better player and definitely younger. A haul for Gavrikov would be the one bright spot in a sad season for the CBJ.​
Edit: And DFO just did a separate article on Gus Nyquist, their #22 trade target.

Last edited:

koteka

Jan 1, 2017
Central Ohio
I saw this comment in the San Jose board’s game day thread when we played them. Made me laugh:

Blue Jackets broadcast has Jean-Luc Grand-Pierre as a studio analyst. I always liked him and acquiring him as a depth d-man in older NHL games. Mostly because he has the Frenchiest French name in the history of ever. And yet he was a rugged physical d-man. :laugh:

ViD

#CBJNeedHugs
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2007
Blue Jackets Area
This is from Reddit
89D8F499-1E47-4420-8903-10E56E8EC830.jpeg

tunnelvision

Jul 31, 2021
Well, I'm happy that this should mean I don't have to settle for watching that stupid screen-wide score bar at the bottom of a hockey broadcast anymore.

Reactions: MAHJ71

JacketsDavid

Jan 11, 2013

Apparently MLB has interst in taking the programming internal. It's a mess for now because Bally pays the rights to broadcast, but then MLB sells off the streaming deals itself currently which makes it tough on Bally.

No idea if the NHL has enough $$$ to do that.

cbjthrowaway

Jul 4, 2020
Apparently MLB has interst in taking the programming internal. It's a mess for now because Bally pays the rights to broadcast, but then MLB sells off the streaming deals itself currently which makes it tough on Bally.

i'm one of those sick freaks who actually pays for cable pretty much specifically to watch the blue jackets

but i also just discovered how easy it is to watch them on espn+ if i use a vpn, soooooooo

Reactions: Xoggz22 and CBJx614

5th Line Fanatic

Oct 2, 2020

MLB is a hot mess at most things, but they get streaming/stuff like this as well or maybe better than anyone in the world. If Bettman can swallow his ego for a minute (he can't), he should partner with MLB on this.
i'm one of those sick freaks who actually pays for cable pretty much specifically to watch the blue jackets

but i also just discovered how easy it is to watch them on espn+ if i use a vpn, soooooooo
I was with YoutubeTV which is great, but doesn't have Bally's. I recently switched to DirecTV Stream, which is a little more expensive than YoutubeTV, but it does have Bally's. I am happy with this choice and it's a lot cheaper than cable.

koteka

Jan 1, 2017
Central Ohio
From 32 Thoughts this week:

24. Years ago, some of the Red Wings said that Scotty Bowman used to keep stats of who wins puck battles. I was always interested in that, and wished there was more data available as to who is good at this and who isn’t. I recently learned during a Toronto-Florida broadcast that SportLogiq does keep track of this. As of last week, Aleksander Barkov led all forwards with 4.1 puck battle wins per game, ahead of John Tavares (3.7), Patrice Bergeron (3.5), Anze Kopitar (3.3) and Robert Thomas (3.2). (Thomas recently pushed ahead of Auston Matthews into the top five.) Among defencemen, it’s Devon Toews and the injured Zach Werenski (2.5), Chris Tanev (2.3), Mikey Anderson and Noah Hanifin (2.2).

rotsbu

Feb 14, 2020
From 32 Thoughts this week:

24. Years ago, some of the Red Wings said that Scotty Bowman used to keep stats of who wins puck battles. I was always interested in that, and wished there was more data available as to who is good at this and who isn’t. I recently learned during a Toronto-Florida broadcast that SportLogiq does keep track of this. As of last week, Aleksander Barkov led all forwards with 4.1 puck battle wins per game, ahead of John Tavares (3.7), Patrice Bergeron (3.5), Anze Kopitar (3.3) and Robert Thomas (3.2). (Thomas recently pushed ahead of Auston Matthews into the top five.) Among defencemen, it’s Devon Toews and the injured Zach Werenski (2.5), Chris Tanev (2.3), Mikey Anderson and Noah Hanifin (2.2).

Interesting...thanks for posting. I was curious as to how the defined a puck battle. I think the below is it from

What is Puck Battle Win Percentage?​

Puck Battle Wins are awarded to the player recovering a loose puck when there is at least one opposing player with a realistic opportunity of recovering it. This can mean there is a battle between two or more opponents prior to or at the time the puck is recovered and this can involve physical contact or stick on stick battles as well.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad