Interesting Info: Part XXII (Jackets-related "tidbits" here)

Big Z Man 1990

Jun 4, 2011
Don't say anything at all
Currently, the Blue Jackets are the oldest Snow Belt team never to play outdoors. I wonder if this is because the NHL feels they regret giving a team to Columbus. The NHL and Ohio have not had the best relationship, given that the Cleveland Barons were the last team in any big 4 league to fold outright 45 years ago.

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
Currently, the Blue Jackets are the oldest Snow Belt team never to play outdoors. I wonder if this is because the NHL feels they regret giving a team to Columbus. The NHL and Ohio have not had the best relationship, given that the Cleveland Barons were the last team in any big 4 league to fold outright 45 years ago.
I think they just don't like us because we are a "small market" that sucks with a major college sports team that rakes in tons of money but won't spend any of it on winterizing the stadium to add 21st century plumbing.

Big Z Man 1990

Jun 4, 2011
Don't say anything at all
I think they just don't like us because we are a "small market" that sucks with a major college sports team that rakes in tons of money but won't spend any of it on winterizing the stadium to add 21st century plumbing.
Doesn't mean they can't play as the road team in an outdoor game. For instance we could play Detroit at Michigan Stadium in next year's Stadium Series to capitalize on the UM-OSU rivalry.

Reactions: MAHJ71 and CBJx614

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
Doesn't mean they can't play as the road team in an outdoor game. For instance we could play Detroit at Michigan Stadium in next year's Stadium Series to capitalize on the UM-OSU rivalry.
We could but we are still a small market team that sucks and Detroit isn't very good either. They only care for tv ratings.

ThirdPeriodTurtle

Sponsor
Jul 13, 2022
Finland
There was some talk about Adam Jiricek (also a defender, 16 years old, 2024 draft) and I couldn't really find the thread anymore, maybe this is a good place anyway... He made his Czech league debut on January 9:

Can easily see the resemblance. :D

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Sponsor
Jan 12, 2011
I doubt our “stellar” performances in recent national telecasts will inspire the networks to push for a CBJ outdoor game unless they default to appearances using the All Star selection process.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
There was some talk about Adam Jiricek (also a defender, 16 years old, 2024 draft) and I couldn't really find the thread anymore, maybe this is a good place anyway... He made his Czech league debut on January 9:

Can easily see the resemblance. :D

What a game for the kid.

I can see him going very high in the draft next year. Hopefully we won't be drafting high enough to be in that discussion.

Reactions: Byrral

I3LI3

Jan 9, 2021
Columbus, OH
9179DD9B-5B98-415A-BB37-39C9CDE8CF22.jpeg

I3LI3

Jan 9, 2021
Columbus, OH
I had to look up to confirm this was actually his tweet. "Musical whore" is not a choice of words I would expect to read from a guy like him. I wonder if he was being intentionally "careless" there...

Getting flashbacks of Jim Day.

caught me off guard too.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad