Interesting Info: Part XXII (Jackets-related "tidbits" here)

thebus88

19/20 Columbus Blue Jackets: "It Is What It Is"
Sep 27, 2017
Michigan
Interesting...thanks for posting. I was curious as to how the defined a puck battle. I think the below is it from

What is Puck Battle Win Percentage?​

Puck Battle Wins are awarded to the player recovering a loose puck when there is at least one opposing player with a realistic opportunity of recovering it. This can mean there is a battle between two or more opponents prior to or at the time the puck is recovered and this can involve physical contact or stick on stick battles as well.

Now ask yourself, who or how they are keeping track of these things.

They’re not “accurate”.

CBJx614

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 25, 2012
C-137
Great dude. I play(ed) rec hockey with him for quite some time. I had to give it up due to a hip issue but still connect with him on occasion. Wish him nothing but the best.
My dad used to work with him when Ian still worked at the chiller, he was a pretty good dude from what I remember when I was a kid.

CBJx614

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 25, 2012
C-137
Horvat off the market

8.5x8
Kinda figured the only way we would "have a chance" was to trade for him, there was no way whoever was trading for him wasn't going to try and extend him.

Welp I guess that leaves Larkin as our only real UFA possibility, and even that I think is a dream. Don't see anyway he makes it to the market. I think similar to Horvat, if Detroit and Larkin can't come to an agreement (highly unlikely) whoever they trade him to is going to more than likely extend him. And I don't see us making any moves to f*** up the tank at this point in the season. So the only way we have a chance is if he makes it to UFA, which I find extremely, extremely unlikely.

Edit: also this happened yesterday

Last edited:

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
I would not want that contract.

I could stomach paying Larkin that, or maybe even $9m per, but not for Horvat.

Then you basically have to draft those positions.

Superstars get 10+ today, the best ones 12+.

Getting a legit elite top6 C will mean atleast 8M from the market

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
Then you basically have to draft those positions.

Superstars get 10+ today, the best ones 12+.

Getting a legit elite top6 C will mean atleast 8M from the market
That contract makes him a top 15ish paid center. Some of that due to timing of the deal but either way hes paid like a top 20 center in the game.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
That contract makes him a top 15ish paid center. Some of that due to timing of the deal but either way hes paid like a top 20 center in the game.

& Mackinnon just got paid 12.6M.
Barkov took a home team discount and is at 10M.

If you want a real franchise C from the market you better be ready to pay 12 million.

The fact is 8M and numbers around it are the current rate for elite top6 C’s.

Next year Aho& Matthews will get paid far more than that.

Getting a top3 pick from this draft would really help to take the pressure away from having to pay those kind of numbers

Kinda figured the only way we would "have a chance" was to trade for him, there was no way whoever was trading for him wasn't going to try and extend him.

Welp I guess that leaves Larkin as our only real UFA possibility, and even that I think is a dream. Don't see anyway he makes it to the market. I think similar to Horvat, if Detroit and Larkin can't come to an agreement (highly unlikely) whoever they trade him to is going to more than likely extend him. And I don't see us making any moves to f*** up the tank at this point in the season. So the only way we have a chance is if he makes it to UFA, which I find extremely, extremely unlikely.

Edit: also this happened yesterday

The best chance for Columbus was in the summer.

Horvat wouldn’t have gone to a bottom tier team with no chance at the playoffs.

Hopefully lottery is kind to them and/or a guy like Aho hits the market for Jarmo

Youngguns1380

A worthy goal is easy to defend
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2021
Ohio
Still think that CBJ should have gone after Horvat, would have been worth it. Here is a preview how this will play out.

- Larkin resigns with Detroit
- CBJ picks 4-5OA after the lottery
- We pick another winger or somebody who could possibly play Center.
- Sign somebody, who is a reclamation project for top 4 LD. Who doesn’t pan out.

1675636250530.gif

tunnelvision

Jul 31, 2021
Still think that CBJ should have gone after Horvat, would have been worth it. Here is a preview how this will play out.

- Larkin resigns with Detroit
- CBJ picks 4-5OA after the lottery
- We pick another winger or somebody who could possibly play Center.
- Sign somebody, who is a reclamation project for top 4 LD. Who doesn’t pan out.

View attachment 646143
If your prophecy turns out to be true, the "Fire Jarmo" club will have at least one new member by the end of offseason.

VT

Jan 24, 2021
Slovakia
In my opinion, it's better to bring up your own center than to get overpaid from the market/trade. A team should be built gradually, not in a buy everything I see way. Besides, if a quality tough, two-way center plays between two technical wings, it's more profitable than having one TOP center. For example:

Gaudreau -- Jenner -- Laine
Johnson -- Sillinger* -- Marchenko
Chinakhov -- Voronkov** -- Danforth
Robinson -- Kuraly -- Olivier

* -- I think Cole has found his play and doubt he would improve his skating in AHL. He must work in the preseason very much.
** -- Dima is a strong, tough player, real warrior, he won't have problems with big centers, very underrated. I know him very good, it isn't only my wish. Plus he has quite good skating. So he could change Boone already in the next season.

Also don't forget draft pick. I think we should trade Elvis and imrove defense. Because the main is is d-men. If they can't make a first pass, it's enough difficult to attack.

I don't believe Tex will play in CBJ in the next season. Either won't return or trade.

I3LI3

Jan 9, 2021
Columbus, OH
In my opinion, it's better to bring up your own center than to get overpaid from the market/trade. A team should be built gradually, not in a buy everything I see way. Besides, if a quality tough, two-way center plays between two technical wings, it's more profitable than having one TOP center. For example:

Gaudreau -- Jenner -- Laine
Johnson -- Sillinger* -- Marchenko
Chinakhov -- Voronkov** -- Danforth
Robinson -- Kuraly -- Olivier

* -- I think Cole has found his play and doubt he would improve his skating in AHL. He must work in the preseason very much.
** -- Dima is a strong, tough player, real warrior, he won't have problems with big centers, very underrated. I know him very good, it isn't only my wish. Plus he has quite good skating. So he could change Boone already in the next season.

Also don't forget draft pick. I think we should trade Elvis and imrove defense. Because the main is is d-men. If they can't make a first pass, it's enough difficult to attack.

I don't believe Tex will play in CBJ in the next season. Either won't return or trade.

“cole has found his play”…. wut?

1 point last 12 games. 15 shots on goal in that span. and a plethora of goals against at even strength.

dude is lost and has been lost for so long now.

he needs sent down asap… should’ve been sent down moons ago (exaggeration but you get the point)

KJ Dangler

Oct 21, 2006
Columbus
“cole has found his play”…. wut?

1 point last 12 games. 15 shots on goal in that span. and a plethora of goals against at even strength.

dude is lost and has been lost for so long now.

he needs sent down asap… should’ve been sent down moons ago (exaggeration but you get the point)
Not to mention a team with Jenner and Sillinger down the middle as your #1, and #2C, is most likely a lottery team once again

Reactions: I3LI3 and Toe Pick

VT

Jan 24, 2021
Slovakia
I believe VT had a translation issue with what they were saying...
No. Cole really plays better, had many chances but... . Look at how Johnson -- Sillinger -- Marchenko line played. Jenner only a part of the season what I wrote (btw, Boone is the 3th line player but honestly, who will move there?). I think Voronkov really can play the 1th center. Not because he's the second Bergeron but because he would make all dirty work and if he could join these wings, it would be ideal. But first he must get used to NHL of course. And again, he's very, very underrated. But I watched some Ak Bars games. Plus Zinetula Bilyaledtinov is a new coach and if young players play he has always helped him. He also plays in line with Radulov.
To centers. We rebuild the team and not to be contender in the next season.

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
@stevo61 you can lough but what do you say if my words will show the true?
If they are true and Voronkov is the 1C I will prepare for a long exhausting season. I like the guy, we've all been excited for him for awhile now but putting that level of expectation on a guy not even challenging that role on his current team is setting yourself up for disappointment. Also a good way for a fanbase to turn on a player for not meeting the crazy expectations they decided to put on him.

I expect a capable 3C and if he proves to be better noone will be upset.

Edit: Same goes for Danforth. Great high effort player but compete only carries you so far. Its fine to juggle lines and move those guys around to spark players but they are by no means long term 1C capable players.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad