Rumor: In-season Proposals, Rumors, Free Agents & Roster Moves (related topics) LXXXI

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nzap

lunaR Pad
Jul 19, 2011
Parma
I was at the arena watching my favorite team lose against TSSKA where a certain Radulov plays.

I don't know if I've just caught watching him in the wrong games, but for me he isn't the best forward on that team.
In the games I've seen both Igor Makarov and Simon Hjalmarsson have been really good and certainly better than Radulov.

Also Steve Moses has disappointingly and unsurprisingly gone into complete irrelevance with increased physical play.
Can't see him being successful in the West.
In the East he might have some success.

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
I was at the arena watching my favorite team lose against TSSKA where a certain Radulov plays.

I don't know if I've just caught watching him in the wrong games, but for me he isn't the best forward on that team.
In the games I've seen both Igor Makarov and Simon Hjalmarsson have been really good and certainly better than Radulov.

Also Steve Moses has disappointingly and unsurprisingly gone into complete irrelevance with increased physical play.
Can't see him being successful in the West.
In the East he might have some success.

radulov can be taken off his came too easily.

AvsFan2123

Jan 21, 2014
Illinois
I think Bigras has the potential to be a #2 and Siemens to be a #3/4 along with Barrie.

I haven't wrote Siemens off like a lot of people, but I think his potential has taken a dip and a more realistic outcome IMHO is a great third pairing Dman next to a puck mover (Redmond? if they keep him around). Geertsen is someone who's potential and development I think is increasing by the day and I can maybe see him as a #4 next to Barrie.

Barring any trades or free agent signings... Potential D

Bigras - Johnson
Geertsen - Barrie
Siemens - Wood

Butcher can also be a contributor to this team down the road as well.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
Far from a lock but Wood is an interesting one too. His shot is exceptional. Still kind of a toolsy player but he's gotten better. Next year will be really interesting for him since he'll be the one anchoring the team. We've hit good options at D, if even two pan out would be huge for us.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Far from a lock but Wood is an interesting one too. His shot is exceptional. Still kind of a toolsy player but he's gotten better. Next year will be really interesting for him since he'll be the one anchoring the team. We've hit good options at D, if even two pan out would be huge for us.

Geertsen has taken an astronomical leap forward this year, it's amazing how much Roy talks about him and brings him up even before he mentions Bigras. He might be the prospect I'm most excited to see develop moving forward

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
Geertsen has taken an astronomical leap forward this year, it's amazing how much Roy talks about him and brings him up even before he mentions Bigras. He might be the prospect I'm most excited to see develop moving forward

Oh for sure, I completely agree. If it's even possible he's gotten even bigger this year, I went back to some earlier games just to make sure I wasn't going crazy. I'm super excited he could be in Lake Erie by this time next week.

agentblack

Apr 11, 2011
New York City
Ill be honest, i dont know or watch any of these prospects so ill take everyone's word on whether they are anything to speak of

But they just dont exist to me unless they are playing regular pro hockey

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Gaertsen-Wood could be a really intimidating third pairing if their skating keeps improving and they keep developing.

As for Siemens, his potential isn't less than it used to be, that's not how potential works, he's just less likely to reach all of it. Still think he can be a nice partner for Barrie if we don't fill that spot with someone else before he gets there.

TheStranger

Jan 21, 2010
Ottawa, Ontario
Won't happen but I think if LEM playoff hopes fizzle they should bring Siemens up for the rest of the year. Wouldn't be the first time someone has looked a whole lot better in the NHL than they AHL inexplicably .

StayAtHomeAv

May 20, 2014
I would say it's less. I could be mistaken, but wasn't he thought of as a guy who might be able to chip in a little offense as a draft prospect?

avsfan09

Dec 17, 2010
Nova Scotia
Gaertsen-Wood could be a really intimidating third pairing if their skating keeps improving and they keep developing.

As for Siemens, his potential isn't less than it used to be, that's not how potential works, he's just less likely to reach all of it. Still think he can be a nice partner for Barrie if we don't fill that spot with someone else before he gets there.

He used to have the potential to put up points in this league. Now its become clear that he doesn't have that ability and that playing with Elliot gave us the impression of having potential that wasn't really there. Of course his potential has gone down. His potential now is that of a Barrett Jackman type player. He's a great skater with a long reach who could be a 2nd pairing pk guy.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
He used to have the potential to put up points in this league. Now its become clear that he doesn't have that ability and that playing with Elliot gave us the impression of having potential that wasn't really there. Of course his potential has gone down. His potential now is that of a Barrett Jackman type player. He's a great skater with a long reach who could be a 2nd pairing pk guy.

His potential was Brad Stuart then and it's Brad Stuart now, whether you over-estimated his ability to put up points or not.

StayAtHomeAv

May 20, 2014
He put up decent numbers but wasn't the main reason for his total pts.(Elliott/schenn/nicholls/etc)

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/leagues/seasons/teams/0010052011.html
draft year

Yeah, I know. I'm not thinking of stats in junior, just recalling things that seemed to be said about him. Didn't have much of an offensive ceiling, but it seems like he was expected to at least chip in a little. But now, dude is a Dzone player 100% with his AHL production. 10 points seems like it would be an amazing year for him. Any offensive potential he showed in juniors has completely gone away in the AHL. To me he has gone from a potential top4 guy, with a slight chance at top pair, to a 3rd pairing bone crushing PKer who can fill in in the top4 depending on the role needing to be filled.

His potential was Brad Stuart then and it's Brad Stuart now, whether you over-estimated his ability to put up points or not.

Yep. Before it was a young brad Stuart. Now it's an old Brad Stuart.

Lonewolfe2015

Rom Com Male Lead
Sponsor
Dec 2, 2007
His potential now is that of a Barrett Jackman type player. He's a great skater with a long reach who could be a 2nd pairing pk guy.

Hasn't that been who RS has been comparing him to since his draft? I know some of us bought the 'Stevens is my role model' hype (myself included, I had a big man crush on Duncan), but a young 2nd pairing mobile Barrett Jackman is still a big need for this team and being mentored by Adam Foote might just be what he needs to reach the next level.

I wish he'd get called up for that very reason, to spend time with Foote.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Hasn't that been who RS has been comparing him to since his draft? I know some of us bought the 'Stevens is my role model' hype (myself included, I had a big man crush on Duncan), but a young 2nd pairing mobile Barrett Jackman is still a big need for this team and being mentored by Adam Foote might just be what he needs to reach the next level.

I wish he'd get called up for that very reason, to spend time with Foote.

I just hope he doesn't get puck lessons from Foote lol. The Guenin special, fire it off the glass and out or just fire it out without a need for the glass and ice that baby :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad