Rumor: In-season Proposals, Rumors, Free Agents & Roster Moves (related topics) LXXXI

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Colorado Avalanche

No Babe pictures
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2004
Lieto
If we can find someone to play with Dutchy like the way Flash and Mules were able to that would be something. In fact I think that would solve alot of problems offensively.

Well, Duchene has been unlucky. We didn't re-sign Flash(Good fit), Parenteau starting sucking, Mueller starting sucking(thanks Blake). It's true though, the best player should find chemistry with pretty much anyone, but Duchene needs certain players to be productive. I personally think McGinn works pretty well with Duchene. McGinn-Duchene-X

We need someone responsible defensively on other wing, that would be decent line.

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
Well, Duchene has been unlucky. We didn't re-sign Flash(Good fit), Parenteau starting sucking, Mueller starting sucking(thanks Blake). It's true though, the best player should find chemistry with pretty much anyone, but Duchene needs certain players to be productive. I personally think McGinn works pretty well with Duchene. McGinn-Duchene-X

We need someone responsible defensively on other wing, that would be decent line.

Save us, Bleacks.

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
trivia question!

there is one top pairing defenseman in the west who against duchene has never scored a goal 5on5 and hasn't been on the ice for a goal either.

probably luck there for this defenseman and he hasn't been always matched up exclusively against duchene (landeskog line has taken this often) but it has still been over 50 minutes over the years (duchene has played over 100 mins 5on5 against about dozen D or so).

who is this defenseman?

RoyIsALegend

Gross Misconduct
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2008
I'll just guess Ryan Suter since he's the best "defenseman" in the NHL by a fair margin.

AvsRobin

Size doesn't matter!
Aug 10, 2010
Stockholm
I'm not sure where to put this but I found something interesting about Caron. The 10/11 and 11/12 seasons, he produced at a good pace.

Only just above 750 minutes on ES ice time those two season combined. But his points/60 during those two years were at 1.75. Which was high 2nd line pace at the time. He had a high shooting percentage though and spent most time with Chris Kelly and when he wasn't centered by him. He was centered by Bergeron or Krejci. But still.

CB Joe

Oct 12, 2008
trivia question!

there is one top pairing defenseman in the west who against duchene has never scored a goal 5on5 and hasn't been on the ice for a goal either.

probably luck there for this defenseman and he hasn't been always matched up exclusively against duchene (landeskog line has taken this often) but it has still been over 50 minutes over the years (duchene has played over 100 mins 5on5 against about dozen D or so).

who is this defenseman?

Weber?

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Alright, so then what do you expect to get back for ROR? Surely it can't be a top-pairing defenseman or even a borderline top-pairing defenseman after saying that.

Players of Duchene's caliber aren't traded often, making it more unlikely, but it's also why you can't find any trades with top pairing defenseman since those are rare. We lucked out with EJ. But the Avs are an odd case where they have too many of one thing and not enough of another. To make this team better, either MacKinnon needs to become a permanent RW and keep O'Reilly/Duchene as centres, or MacKinnon moves to centre with O'Reilly as 2C and Duchene gets traded.

Or ROR and MacK stay where they are for now, and down the road they maybe swap, at which point ROR might be re-united with Duchene once MacK doesn't need him. There's more than just those two ways for this to work.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Or ROR and MacK stay where they are for now, and down the road they maybe swap, at which point ROR might be re-united with Duchene once MacK doesn't need him. There's more than just those two ways for this to work.

Highly doubt ROR will agree to playing LW when his preference is to play centre and he is much more effective there, and he knows it. If he re-signs here, it's probably going to come with some assurance from Roy that he'll be a centre and MacKinnon will stay at RW. If not, I don't see him signing here to be honest. It seems like a big deal to him to play centre

TheStranger

Jan 21, 2010
Ottawa, Ontario
I'm still surprised O'Reilly hasn't been given an A (Unless I missed it at some point and therefore am an idiot). I may just be crazy but I always see Roy coming over to pat him on the back on the bench anytime they show him on the bench after a shift, but he may not be singling him out and does it to everyone. Just seems like he's really trying to show him how much he's appreciated on the team.

But come on, give him an A already.

Roy has said it himself, "a player doesn't need a letter on his jersey to be a leader", then take it away from McLeod who the referees certainly aren't going to listen to on the ice.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Highly doubt ROR will agree to playing LW when his preference is to play centre and he is much more effective there, and he knows it. If he re-signs here, it's probably going to come with some assurance from Roy that he'll be a centre and MacKinnon will stay at RW. If not, I don't see him signing here to be honest. It seems like a big deal to him to play centre

ROR's best and most productive season was playing on the wing; who knows how far down the line that switch would occur; and you have no idea how important playing C actually is to ROR. We know he prefers it, but we don't know if he actually cares much about it. We just don't know much about what is important to ROR, whether it's play C, pure dolla bills, or just the love from the org and spotlight that lacroix denied him.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
ROR's best and most productive season was playing on the wing; who knows how far down the line that switch would occur; and you have no idea how important playing C actually is to ROR. We know he prefers it, but we don't know if he actually cares much about it. We just don't know much about what is important to ROR, whether it's play C, pure dolla bills, or just the love from the org and spotlight that lacroix denied him.

Well he's said in interviews that he definitely prefers playing centre. Knowing from personal experience playing centre was always a high priority to me, and I hated moving to the wing. I can only imagine that feeling is amplified in the NHL, especially when you've proven to be a great centre.

Yes his most productive season came at LW, but I'd argue at this moment and for the last month and a half he's been playing the best hockey of his career, and that's been as a centre. Of course we don't know for sure what's important to him, but one has to think that he might not want to sign if he's going to be asked to be Duchene's LW for the future.

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course

TheStranger

Jan 21, 2010
Ottawa, Ontario
nope, CB, remember how duchene has turned weber inside out couple of times?

anyway, the answer is OEL.

kind of funny, when i looked up landeskog for the same thing the dman was brad stuart (same with duchene acutally).

if you can't beat them, make them join you!

That's because Landeskog can't get across center ice with Stuart facing him heh

lonelybadger

Feb 22, 2013
Toronto
Fairly certain Bleackley will stay with Red Deer for another season as they're hosting the memorial cup next season.

As a Red Deer resident, I really hope Bleackley is in Red Deer for the memorial cup next year.... I will be dissapointed if both him and Fleury are no longer with the rebels

Nov 29, 2003
Screw You Blaster
Visit site
Fairly certain Bleackley will stay with Red Deer for another season as they're hosting the memorial cup next season.

As a Red Deer resident, I really hope Bleackley is in Red Deer for the memorial cup next year.... I will be dissapointed if both him and Fleury are no longer with the rebels

I also hope that Bleacks is back with the Rebels. Would be good to take our time with him and let him continue to develop that offensive game.

Thepoolmaster

Dec 3, 2011
I actually think hishon would slot in well on Duchene's wing. He's creative, pretty good defensively and surprisingly gritty for a small player.

Lonewolfe2015

Rom Com Male Lead
Sponsor
Dec 2, 2007
I actually think hishon would slot in well on Duchene's wing. He's creative, pretty good defensively and surpriseling gritty for a small player.

I'm inclined to agree, I've wondered why the Avs haven't tried him at wing even once during his call-ups. Let alone put him with actual top 6 talent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad