Rumor: In-season Proposals, Rumors, Free Agents & Roster Moves (related topics) LXXXI

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

bohlmeister

May 18, 2007
He's right-handed too. Last summer I think Roy said he wanted more RH shots.

I could see him choosing a good team but it might be harder for him to crack the lineup there. As for Winnipeg, an American kid who'll likely get to choose from 10+ teams isn't picking Winnipeg. Someone born and raised in Winnipeg probably wouldn't even pick Winnipeg.

I was saying it as a joke. The Jets are already a huge team and San Jose has like 15 centers on their roster already.

Nov 29, 2003
Screw You Blaster
Visit site
So there is a 6'7" College UFA defensemen (Oleg Yevenko) available...chances Roy is throwing people out of his way to talk to this kid?

Honestly though, I would be so stoked to sign Bailey and Oksanen. Gives us two guys with hard shots, a shoot first mentality, and guys with size and strength.

Bubba Thudd

is getting banned
Jul 19, 2005
Avaland
So there is a 6'7" College UFA defensemen (Oleg Yevenko) available...chances Roy is throwing people out of his way to talk to this kid?

Honestly though, I would be so stoked to sign Bailey and Oksanen. Gives us two guys with hard shots, a shoot first mentality, and guys with size and strength.

Looking at his point totals at hockeydb, I'm guessing he is a stay-at-home defender?

Does anyone know anything about this guy?

bohlmeister

May 18, 2007
That's unfortunate. 20 years ago in the era of big, slow, unskilled, oafish defensmen he would have fit right in.

Remember the blueline the Flyers built coming out of the lockout.

Hatcher, Rathje, McLaren, etc. LMAO.

Then the NHL changes the rules and they were useless.

Bubba Thudd

is getting banned
Jul 19, 2005
Avaland
Remember the blueline the Flyers built coming out of the lockout.

Hatcher, Rathje, McLaren, etc. LMAO.

Then the NHL changes the rules and they were useless.

That's funny cuz when Henchman described Oleg Yevenko, I immediately thought of Derian Hatcher*.

*absolutely hated that guy!

The Mars Volchenkov

Mar 31, 2002
Colorado
I'm sure teams are just lining up to get this guy.

http://prohockeytalk.nbcsports.com/2015/03/09/nolan-rips-lackadaisical-grigorenko/
Doesn’t sound like Mikhail Grigorenko impressed the Sabres much in his recent one-game cameo.

“I didn’t like his play,†head coach Ted Nolan said, per the Buffalo News. “For him to play at this level, especially with that much skill, he has to bring a little bit more than what he had. You don’t really want to sit back and hope for things to work. You’ve got to make them work like everybody else.

“I just felt his play on certain parts was very lackadaisical. Didn’t have any energy or urgency in his game whatsoever.â€

Girgorenko, 20, played 13:42 in Friday’s 3-2 loss to Ottawa, finishing with one shot on goal and just 1-for-6 in faceoffs. His possession metrics weren’t very good either and, overall, it looks to have been a blown opportunity to show something at the NHL level… and a blown opportunity to stay at the NHL level, as Nolan suggested Grigorenko could’ve remained a part of the parent club with a good performance.

“We could have argued and said, ‘Hey, let’s keep him here,’ †Nolan said. “But he didn’t give us enough of that to argue for.â€

I don't see where there's room in Buffalo for this guy. He's waiver eligible next year, they could very easily have McDavid/Eichel and Reinhart on the team next year. What do you do with this guy?

Bubba Thudd

is getting banned
Jul 19, 2005
Avaland

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
I'd trade a late round pick or a B prospect for him. :naughty:

Seriously, he has no future in Buffalo and other NHL teams are only going to take him as a part of a package where he isn't the main piece or on the cheap.

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
I'm sure teams are just lining up to get this guy.

http://prohockeytalk.nbcsports.com/2015/03/09/nolan-rips-lackadaisical-grigorenko/

I don't see where there's room in Buffalo for this guy. He's waiver eligible next year, they could very easily have McDavid/Eichel and Reinhart on the team next year. What do you do with this guy?

I'd take a chance on him if the price is relatively cheap. We're talking about the Sabres and Ted Nolan here so I can't put all the blame on the player even though there were a lot of concerns about Grigorenko coming out of junior as well.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
Some Roy quotes about Grigorenko:

“When people question his work ethic, it’s not true, he works hard all the time. The thing that we need to work on with him is to get his stamina to another level, he gets tired fast, but that doesn’t mean a player doesn’t work hard.”

"The area we were trying to work hard with Grigo was the compete level. In my opinion, he was losing too many battles. At times, Grigo thought he was working hard. But when you’re watching the clips he was not. Obviously, we were trying to break that down. But that’s all I can say.”

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
Kinda hard to play your heart out when you know your team is tanking. :dunno:

Exactly. I mean it's no excuse as far as his performance is concerned but how does one evaluate players in a situation where the organization isn't even trying? It must get exhausting every day to put the blinders up and try to win games that nobody wants you to win. What do they even say in pressers?

Roy is definitely a stickler for winning battles.

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
Some Roy quotes about Grigorenko:

“When people question his work ethic, it’s not true, he works hard all the time. The thing that we need to work on with him is to get his stamina to another level, he gets tired fast, but that doesn’t mean a player doesn’t work hard.â€

"The area we were trying to work hard with Grigo was the compete level. In my opinion, he was losing too many battles. At times, Grigo thought he was working hard. But when you’re watching the clips he was not. Obviously, we were trying to break that down. But that’s all I can say.â€

support and be optimistic about your own players... no need to do it when they aren't your own.

Avsboy

Dec 12, 2006
I maintain the following package:

RoR
Elliott
Holden

for

Zadorov
Grigorenko

Avsboy

Dec 12, 2006
Did you leave out Buffalo's other 1st round pick on accident?

The package is basically RoR and Elliott for Zadorov and Grigorenko, with a Holden throw-in to clear up the mediocrity logjam we have going on. Throwing in their late 1st is a pretty heavy package for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad