Rumor: In-season Proposals, Rumors, Free Agents & Roster Moves (related topics) LXXXI

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

avsfan09

Dec 17, 2010
Nova Scotia
Tank mode actived

OTTAWA.....................62 games......67 pts
COLORADO.................64 games......67 pts
NEW JERSEY................64 games......64 pts
TORONTO...................65 games......57 pts
COLUMBUS..................63 games......56 pts
CAROLINA...................62 games......55 pts
ARIZONA.....................65 games......49 pts
EDMONTON.................64 games......46 pts
BUFFALO.....................64 games......43 pts

Looks like the only team that can realistically pass us is Jersey.

iand22

Jun 6, 2014
The problem with Hishon on that line is defensively it is a bit weak.
I see Everberg getting the puck with his forechecking, better at cycling and going to the net than Caron while Iginla staying a bit more in the scoring areas like you said.

The line is definately a bit weak defensively. But at some point we do need to find Duchene a more permanent winger. Ideally on his line I would like 1 big body and a playmaker. If those two are 1 person all the better and we can do that pair thing we tried earlier this season.

Gabe the Babe

Apr 24, 2014
If that happens I hope we re-sign ROR and tell Corsi to go **** itself.

Landy - McJesus - MacK
ROR - Duchene - Bleacks
McGinn - Malkin - Rendo
McCleod - Henley - EVB

and who cares who joins EJ, Barrie and Bigras between those forwards and varly?

I've got...

Landy - ROR - Mack
Tangs - Dutch- Iggy
McPing - McDave - McBerg
Hish - Malkin - Bordy

UFA - EJ
Siemens - Barrie
Bigras - Stuart

Holden, Guenin, Cliche, and Highlander all eating nachos or gone.

You say I'm fantasizing again? Oh...

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
I can't figure out how Avs/Monsters got Youds. Was he part of the Talbot trade? Is he on a NHL contract. Or was there just a handshake deal to transfer an AHL contract between Providence and Lake Erie?

Hopefully he's on a AHL contract and Avs are down to 48 contracts.

Cypher

May 25, 2011
Edmonton
avalanche.nhl.com
Tank mode actived

OTTAWA.....................62 games......67 pts
COLORADO.................64 games......67 pts
NEW JERSEY................64 games......64 pts
TORONTO...................65 games......57 pts
COLUMBUS..................63 games......56 pts
CAROLINA...................62 games......55 pts
ARIZONA.....................65 games......49 pts
EDMONTON.................64 games......46 pts
BUFFALO.....................64 games......43 pts

There's a chance CLB could pass us too. They won today so their up to 58 points. Hopefully they beat us tomorrow in regulation, then they'd be 7 points back. And after us CLB's next 5 games are: CAR, DET, EDM, CAR, EDM .. there's still hope for 6th last :yo:

lonelybadger

Feb 22, 2013
Toronto
Do you think the avs would do a phanuef for Stuart trade? Maybe we throw in a second if they retain a million a year.....:sarcasm:

the_fan

Have we traded Mikko yet?
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
LOL @ Mcleod-Duchene-Caron line...

At last Duchene found wingers to play with:laugh:

returnofthemack29

Feb 20, 2015
I hope the Avs offer Casey Bailey the MacKinnon spot on that line and get him signed and see what he's got. I don't see how he can refuse that offer. Give him these remaining games and see if he can make an impact. At worst, he should still make a decent 4th liner next year and he's got size and good skill.

returnofthemack29

Feb 20, 2015
"Casey Bailey, RW
Junior, Penn State University (Big Ten)

The most coveted forward on the collegiate free agent market this season is Penn State junior Casey Bailey. The Buffalo Sabres are among numerous NHL teams vying for Bailey’s services, and it’s not hard to see why.

The Anchorage, AK native leads the Nittany Lions in both goals (21) and points (37) playing in all 32 games to date. He currently leads the nation with an astounding 186 shots on goals and his 21 goals are tied for fifth. Bailey is the right wing on one of the Big Ten’s most dynamic lines that also features sophomore David Goodwin and senior Taylor Holstrom.

Bailey is a 6’3”, 205-pound power forward who is one of the nation’s most prolific shooters, averaging nearly six shots per game. He possesses great vision and does a great job of finding the soft spots. Bailey is especially dangerous below the dots. His size and strength makes him a difficult player to move off the puck. Bailey is an excellent skater with good speed and strong strides. He possesses a high level of competitiveness and brings an element of grit to his game.

But what has scouts clamoring to get glimpses of Bailey is his shot and how he shoots the puck. He’s developed one of the hardest shots in college hockey. Bailey uses his tremendous lower body strength to get into and add velocity to his shots. Furthermore, he shoots with remarkable accuracy. While Bailey’s shots may not always end up in the net, it’s not often that they the miss the net entirely."

http://www.hockeysfuture.com/articl...-free-agents-that-could-soon-land-in-the-nhl/

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
I hope the Avs offer Casey Bailey the MacKinnon spot on that line and get him signed and see what he's got. I don't see how he can refuse that offer. Give him these remaining games and see if he can make an impact. At worst, he should still make a decent 4th liner next year and he's got size and good skill.

He might want to finish his season first.

Gabe the Babe

Apr 24, 2014
I'd trade the pick+ to ARI for their pick (Hanifin) and OEL.

Hanifin - Johnson
OEL - Barrie

First off.... No way that Zona does that. Second... You would put the kid who isn't ready for the NHL next year into the top pairing... While putting the top 15 NHL dman on the second pair lol.

Regardless. You can't trade McDavid. It's not a thing. But if I were to be so bold. I'd move down with Buffalo. Pick up Eichel + Zadorov.

Eichel is a right-shot that they need. He is bigger and faster which fits the mold of the new Avs.

Landy-Eichel-Mack
Factor-Dutchy-Iggy
Ping-Malkin-Tangs
Bordy-Hishy-Berg

Zads-EJ
Siemens-Barrie
Bigras-Stuart

Aside from the fact it's a team of babies.... It's beautiful to me on paper.

Cypher

May 25, 2011
Edmonton
avalanche.nhl.com
First off.... No way that Zona does that. Second... You would put the kid who isn't ready for the NHL next year into the top pairing... While putting the top 15 NHL dman on the second pair lol.

Regardless. You can't trade McDavid. It's not a thing. But if I were to be so bold. I'd move down with Buffalo. Pick up Eichel + Zadorov.

Eichel is a right-shot that they need. He is bigger and faster which fits the mold of the new Avs.

Landy-Eichel-Mack
Factor-Dutchy-Iggy
Ping-Malkin-Tangs
Bordy-Hishy-Berg

Zads-EJ
Siemens-Barrie
Bigras-Stuart

Aside from the fact it's a team of babies.... It's beautiful to me on paper.

First of all, I said pick+ ... what that + is I don't know, depends how many spots we move down

Second, it's more of a 1A and 1B pairing ... OEL>Johnson>Barrie>Hanifin .. I put Hanifin with Johnson because Hanifin - Barrie would be a terrible pairing

Third, if the Avs don't want to end up like the Oilers with lots of top drafted younger forwards, you can trade McDavid and get a kings ransom, or take McDavid and trade O'Reilly for a last spectacular defenseman.

And last, you don't win with teams that look good on paper, that line-up is softer than Thomas Kaberle, pre Cam Jenssen hit, lol.

Colorado Avalanche

No Babe pictures
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2004
Lieto
"Casey Bailey, RW
Junior, Penn State University (Big Ten)

The most coveted forward on the collegiate free agent market this season is Penn State junior Casey Bailey. The Buffalo Sabres are among numerous NHL teams vying for Bailey’s services, and it’s not hard to see why.

The Anchorage, AK native leads the Nittany Lions in both goals (21) and points (37) playing in all 32 games to date. He currently leads the nation with an astounding 186 shots on goals and his 21 goals are tied for fifth. Bailey is the right wing on one of the Big Ten’s most dynamic lines that also features sophomore David Goodwin and senior Taylor Holstrom.

Bailey is a 6’3â€, 205-pound power forward who is one of the nation’s most prolific shooters, averaging nearly six shots per game. He possesses great vision and does a great job of finding the soft spots. Bailey is especially dangerous below the dots. His size and strength makes him a difficult player to move off the puck. Bailey is an excellent skater with good speed and strong strides. He possesses a high level of competitiveness and brings an element of grit to his game.

But what has scouts clamoring to get glimpses of Bailey is his shot and how he shoots the puck. He’s developed one of the hardest shots in college hockey. Bailey uses his tremendous lower body strength to get into and add velocity to his shots. Furthermore, he shoots with remarkable accuracy. While Bailey’s shots may not always end up in the net, it’s not often that they the miss the net entirely."

http://www.hockeysfuture.com/articl...-free-agents-that-could-soon-land-in-the-nhl/

Sounds like a guy we could use. Go for it. Dooo it.

viach

Aug 5, 2007

Hope but "The Buffalo Sabres are among numerous NHL teams vying for Bailey’s services, and it’s not hard to see why."

No avs :(

Maybe we need a scouting staff director :sarcasm:

Gigantor The Goalie

Speak for the Goalies
Feb 4, 2012
New London
Hope but "The Buffalo Sabres are among numerous NHL teams vying for Bailey’s services, and it’s not hard to see why."

No avs :(

Maybe we need a scouting staff director :sarcasm:

Let's just say someone very reliable has given us good reason to believe that the Avs are a serious team in on Bailey. They just used Buffalo because they're the tanking team.

FoppaForsberg*

Let's just say someone very reliable has given us good reason to believe that the Avs are a serious team in on Bailey. They just used Buffalo because they're the tanking team.

So you have a source that says the Avs are a serious team in on Bailey? :handclap:

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver

Lol you're kidding yourself if you think we even have a chance. When is the last time the Avs landed one of the marquis NCAA free agents? I can't even recall this ever happening.

The closest I can remember is with Hayes last year, but who knows how close we really were. It seemed like he wanted to stay East so we probably weren't that close.

I would love to get this kid, but it isn't going to happen.

Gigantor The Goalie

Speak for the Goalies
Feb 4, 2012
New London
Lol you're kidding yourself if you think we even have a chance. When is the last time the Avs landed one of the marquis NCAA free agents? I can't even recall this ever happening.

The closest I can remember is with Hayes last year, but who knows how close we really were. It seemed like he wanted to stay East so we probably weren't that close.

I would love to get this kid, but it isn't going to happen.

Us and the Rangers were the two last teams in on Hayes. If the Rangers didn't guarantee him a roster spot for this season, he would be an Avs player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad