Rumor: In-season Proposals, Rumors, Free Agents & Roster Moves (related topics) LXXXI

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here
Status
Not open for further replies.

m0ngr31

If we combine the last TWO seasons. And put the bar at 1000 minutes played. Cliche is the worst one in the league (of all 315 forwards) at 0.53 Points/60. Second worst is Malhotra at 0.60.

Talk about NO offense what so ever.
And at least Malhotra is elite at one thing, Cliche: not so much...

lonelybadger

Feb 22, 2013
Toronto
In terms of forwards, if we keep the same roster and Winchester can make a miracle recovery I would like to see

Tangs- Duchene - Iginla
Lando - ROR - Mack
Everberg - Mitchell/Hishon - Mcginn
Mcleod/Bordie- Winchester/Mitchell - Rendulic

Cliche/Bordie/Mcleod

And I am sure after the draft the Avs can find room for mcdavid somewhere in there too.......;)

Gigantor The Goalie

Speak for the Goalies
Feb 4, 2012
New London
In terms of forwards, if we keep the same roster and Winchester can make a miracle recovery I would like to see

Tangs- Duchene - Iginla
Lando - ROR - Mack
Everberg - Mitchell/Hishon - Mcginn
Mcleod/Bordie- Winchester/Mitchell - Rendulic

Cliche/Bordie/Mcleod

And I am sure after the draft the Avs can find room for mcdavid somewhere in there too.......;)

Rendulic on the 4th line seems like a waste to be honest.

viach

Aug 5, 2007
Tank mode actived

OTTAWA.....................62 games......67 pts
COLORADO.................64 games......67 pts
NEW JERSEY................64 games......64 pts
TORONTO...................65 games......57 pts
COLUMBUS..................63 games......56 pts
CAROLINA...................62 games......55 pts
ARIZONA.....................65 games......49 pts
EDMONTON.................64 games......46 pts
BUFFALO.....................64 games......43 pts

Gigantor The Goalie

Speak for the Goalies
Feb 4, 2012
New London
Tank mode actived

These teams are impossible to catch up to. New Jersey is the only team that can realistically pass us.

StayAtHomeAv

May 20, 2014
7th is the best we can hope for. Could be as high as 14th still(that's doubtful though, especially with MacK now out).

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Tank mode actived

The furthest they can really tank though is one more spot to 7th. Toronto is a mess and Columbus is still decimated with real injures. The Avs have about as good a shot at making the playoffs as they do out tanking anyone else below them besides New Jersey.

lonelybadger

Feb 22, 2013
Toronto
Colorado has a really hard schedule coming up, its not out of the question for them to lose 13 of the remaining games. I don't think they will, especially not in regulation, but with the teams they are playing and Mack and Ej out I can see them losing 10 of them.

StayAtHomeAv

May 20, 2014
it must not be that hard. I keep seeing how we have one of the top5 easiest schedules remaining.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
We still have to play Arizona, Edmonton 2x, Columbus, New Jersey. I know the California and western Canada swings are always hard for us. But don't underestimate the sucking those teams behind us are doing. It's not about just losing a few. Those teams will be doing more than losing a few.

This is a .500 team. Has been all year. Injuries might push that slightly lower but they will not be playing at a .300 pace all of a sudden.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
We still have to play Arizona, Edmonton 2x, Columbus, New Jersey. I know the California and western Canada swings are always hard for us. But don't underestimate the sucking those teams behind us are doing. It's not about just losing a few. Those teams will be doing more than losing a few.

This is a .500 team. Has been all year. Injuries might push that slightly lower but they will not be playing at a .300 pace all of a sudden.

But at the same time, we still have to play Arizona, Edmonton 2x, Columbus and New Jersey. If we lose to all those teams we're officially into Crouse territory :laugh:

lonelybadger

Feb 22, 2013
Toronto
The problem with the avs in terms of tanking is they constantly find a way to get that loser point, but at least they have the ROW tiebreaker to get closer to the bottom....

AslanRH

Not a Core Poster
Sponsor
Jun 5, 2012
Wyoming, USA
Tank mode actived

This is where I hope they play Berra a lot and maybe even call up Sami for a few "auditions". Let EJ and Varly get good rest and extra healthy.

I also hope Toronto makes a streak of wins to pass us just so we can hear them complain about our higher draft picks some more.

Don't see a streak in Columbus, but it is possible.

The other 4 teams I think have this on lock.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Well I for one would certainly put him on the top line over Talbot. At least he can forecheck and drive the play a little bit.

Plus he can hold onto the puck in the offensive zone and slow things down a little before making a nifty little pass like Tangs has taught Malkin to.

I actually think Everberg could be a very good fit with Duchene and Iginla for now since Tangs has run out of steam and needs a lower role for a while; I don't expect Caron to show the skill or defensive game EVB does; and I worry that having to cover for Hishon and Iginla would be too much for Duchene, even with the continuing growth in his two-way play. EVB's not Duchene fast, or even McG fast, but he can do things with Matty in transition; he can help him cover for Iggy defensively; and in the offensive zone I think his ability to play the front of the net or hold onto the puck in-the-corners/along-the-boards, would compliment Dutchy-Iggy very well. Not a long term solution and it breaks up the successful Tanguay - Malkin - Everberg line, but that third line would be better spot for Caron, if he shows something in these next two games with duchene. Tangs and Malkin need no help holding onto the puck, and both are much better defensively than Iggy. It leaves poor Joey screwed, but I think the best set up for us at this point would be

Landy - ROR - MacK
EVB - Dutchy - Iggy
Tangs - Malkin - Caron

each of those lines would be solid enough to do work, especially with the way 92 - 90 - 29 are leading the charge. If Caron shows nothing, while Hish does; then I think giving Joey a shot on that Dutchy-Iggy line and sheltering that group as much as possible would be our best play. But that wouldn't be my first choice, just because Iggy and Hish are such a defensively weak pair of wingers.

Rendulic on the 4th line seems like a waste to be honest.

I think we'd be better off playing Rendo on the 3rd line with Malkin and McGinn or Tangs since that would be a very good two way line that could combine for 50+ goals, while having EVB play on the 4th line until someone gets hurt. With how certain that eventuality is I don't think it makes much sense to start one of them in the AHL for a week or two unless Caron shows enough to stick around and join the mix. Then I'd send down Rendulic to let him be relied upon as a key scorer for the monsters with Caron on the 4th line and EVB joining McG/Tangs - Malkin -

Last edited:

AllAboutAvs

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2006
The way I look at it regarding Caron/Everberg is like this:
I think Duchene/Iginla would benefit more with switching these two than Mitchell/Tangs would lose.

And I would certainly like to see Hishon on the wing with ROR and Landy.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Imagine if we won the lottery draw lol.

If that happens I hope we re-sign ROR and tell Corsi to go **** itself.

Landy - McJesus - MacK
ROR - Duchene - Bleacks
McGinn - Malkin - Rendo
McCleod - Henley - EVB

and who cares who joins EJ, Barrie and Bigras between those forwards and varly?

iand22

Jun 6, 2014
The way I look at it regarding Caron/Everberg is like this:
I think Duchene/Iginla would benefit more with switching these two than Mitchell/Tangs would lose.

And I would certainly like to see Hishon on the wing with ROR and Landy.

I'm not sure either one of those guys is right to go with Duchene and Iginla. I think Iginla fill's the guy who goes to the scoring areas on that line. While Duchene seems to be best with someone who is also a good playmaker and can carry the puck into the zone. Which is not the strength of Everberg or Caron. I think Hish would be better with those two.

AllAboutAvs

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2006
I'm not sure either one of those guys is right to go with Duchene and Iginla. I think Iginla fill's the guy who goes to the scoring areas on that line. While Duchene seems to be best with someone who is also a good playmaker and can carry the puck into the zone. Which is not the strength of Everberg or Caron. I think Hish would be better with those two.
The problem with Hishon on that line is defensively it is a bit weak.
I see Everberg getting the puck with his forechecking, better at cycling and going to the net than Caron while Iginla staying a bit more in the scoring areas like you said.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad