Rumor: In-season Proposals, Rumors, Free Agents & Roster Moves (related topics) LXXXI

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
Us and the Rangers were the two last teams in on Hayes. If the Rangers didn't guarantee him a roster spot for this season, he would be an Avs player.

Yeah but the chances of us getting him was probably like 10-15%, he wanted to stay east. We were always the backup plan if no eastern team gave him a decent offer.

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
Yeah but the chances of us getting him was probably like 10-15%, he wanted to stay east. We were always the backup plan if no eastern team gave him a decent offer.

No, our chances were much, much higher than that.

This isn't the place to "name names" or anything like that, but believe me when I say, that our chances were exceptionally good.

Last edited:

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
No, our chances were much, much higher than that.

This isn't the place to "name names" or anything like that, but believe me when I say, that our chances were exceptionally good.

I'll take your word for it. But you have to admit we haven't really ever landed a big name college UFA so I don't expect it to start any time soon. It would be nice to get Bailey as he seems to fit our player mold, but I just don't see it happening.

Gigantor The Goalie

Speak for the Goalies
Feb 4, 2012
New London
I'll take your word for it. But you have to admit we haven't really ever landed a big name college UFA so I don't expect it to start any time soon. It would be nice to get Bailey as he seems to fit our player mold, but I just don't see it happening.

Before Hayes were there really any College UFA's we were in on? I can't remember any other then him.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach

So you're going to assume that the new management team which almost got the premier college UFA in the first full offseason in charge, is going to get the same results as previous management teams which rarely went after college UFAs?

JWK

Report Spam @JWK on Twitter Plz
Mar 27, 2010
Speaking of Bailey, scored a nice goal yesterday.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
Have they invited many college kids to development camps? That's where they need to get these kids interested in the organization. Bring them to camp, tell them they're interested if the kid continues to develop and that they hope to sign them after the season if possible.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
Have they invited many college kids to development camps? That's where they need to get these kids interested in the organization. Bring them to camp, tell them they're interested if the kid continues to develop and that they hope to sign them after the season if possible.

There's been a few, Landon Smith is one. But our dev stuff is much more internal/team building that the open competition and tryouts that others' are.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
There's been a few, Landon Smith is one. But our dev stuff is much more internal/team building that the open competition and tryouts that others' are.

But with the prospect pool the way it is especially Roy wanting to fully overhaul it, would think they'd want to bring in new options. Hopefully it changes a bit as it never hurts to take a few looks at potential free pick ups.

bohlmeister

May 18, 2007
But with the prospect pool the way it is especially Roy wanting to fully overhaul it, would think they'd want to bring in new options. Hopefully it changes a bit as it never hurts to take a few looks at potential free pick ups.

They are looking at it. Everberg and Rendo. They tried Hayes. They will try more this season. Roy constantly mentions Tampa, and these undrafted guys have made a big difference for the Bolts. With all the injuries, Roy could offer a guy like Bailey a spot on this years team could he not? Not the way Roy would likely want to do it, but it might take things like that to get these guys.

I could see a lot of invites this season, and Roy trying to clean house down there. Send Chewy out of AHL too.

JWK

Report Spam @JWK on Twitter Plz
Mar 27, 2010
Same here. I'm getting excited when I shouldn't.

How is his defensive game?
After a down sophomore season, Bailey has put together an incredible junior season that has made him a highly-sought NHL free agent target. Bailey's heavy shot and a willingness to unleash it from anywhere makes him a dangerous offensive threat. He's also a physical force on the defensive end of the ice.

http://www.sbncollegehockey.com/201...echer-casey-bailey-copp-kerfoot-lucia-blueger

bohlmeister

May 18, 2007
6'3" center. Who is physical......hmmmmmmm.

I remember a guy that said he wants to make his team bigger to compete in the West. Now who was that.

San Jose or Winnipeg probably get him. Rich get richer.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
They are looking at it. Everberg and Rendo. They tried Hayes. They will try more this season. Roy constantly mentions Tampa, and these undrafted guys have made a big difference for the Bolts. With all the injuries, Roy could offer a guy like Bailey a spot on this years team could he not? Not the way Roy would likely want to do it, but it might take things like that to get these guys.

I could see a lot of invites this season, and Roy trying to clean house down there. Send Chewy out of AHL too.

With the team out of the playoffs and hit with injuries it's the perfect chance to give them the NHL minutes they want to burn a year off their ELC. Tampa did it with JT Brown, Andre Sustr and Cody Kunyk the past 3 years. They sent them all to the AHL the next season to develop more. It's free depth as long as you have roster spots, also improves the AHL team.

Conacher and Johnson were signed by the AHL affiliate and then signed during the season when they impressed. Not sure who calls the shots for the Monsters but they need a good eye for talent too.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
6'3" center. Who is physical......hmmmmmmm.

I remember a guy that said he wants to make his team bigger to compete in the West. Now who was that.

San Jose or Winnipeg probably get him. Rich get richer.

He's right-handed too. Last summer I think Roy said he wanted more RH shots.

I could see him choosing a good team but it might be harder for him to crack the lineup there. As for Winnipeg, an American kid who'll likely get to choose from 10+ teams isn't picking Winnipeg. Someone born and raised in Winnipeg probably wouldn't even pick Winnipeg.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Born somewhere in Alaska. I saw it the other day when I was reading up on him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad