Rumor: In-season Proposals, Rumors, Free Agents & Roster Moves (related topics) LXXXI

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

hockeyfish

Feb 23, 2007
Seattle
Kinda hard to play your heart out when you know your team is tanking. :dunno:

I'm guessing he is still on a 2 way deal. That should be enough motivation to stay in the NHL

I'd trade a late round pick or a B prospect for him. :naughty:

Seriously, he has no future in Buffalo and other NHL teams are only going to take him as a part of a package where he isn't the main piece or on the cheap.

Baertschi is a pretty good comparable and he went for a 2nd. I would imagine that is where his value is.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
Baertschi is a pretty good comparable and he went for a 2nd. I would imagine that is where his value is.

Filatov went for a 3rd years ago as well. That is the range (2nd-3rd) for a straight up pick. I don't think Grigs gets sent out for a pick though.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Kinda hard to play your heart out when you know your team is tanking. :dunno:

All depends on the coach if you ask me. Nolan isn't a good coach and I don't think players like him very much. But when I watch Oilers games, a team that is also tanking/sucks, they're giving everything they have most nights for Todd Nelson. The odd night they'll lay an egg, but they play very hard. All depends on where you are and who the coach is if you ask me. Some guys want to play for a coach, others could care less if they lose when they're out of it in order to see a coach canned

Avsboy

Dec 12, 2006
How many Apple Watch Editions will RoR buy with his next contract? I'm predicting four, one for each parent, one for his girl, one for himself.

hattrick3518

Jan 31, 2011
B-Ham
I've enjoyed watching the Oilers since the coaching change, they do compete. Just crazy that Nuge can have a hattrick and they still manage to lose.

FoppaForsberg*

RNH is pretty fun to watch too. Would give up anything besides Varly/Bigras/MacK/Landy/EJ/Barrie for him.

hattrick3518

Jan 31, 2011
B-Ham
RNH is pretty fun to watch too. Would give up anything besides Varly/Bigras/MacK/Landy/EJ/Barrie for him.

I'd give a lot for the Nuge, but I don't see any reason for the Oil to trade him, ever. I don't think we could offer a massive over payment for him. Unless they want our first, ROR? Would be tough to find a good fit.

Lonewolfe2015

Rom Com Male Lead
Sponsor
Dec 2, 2007
I've enjoyed watching the Oilers since the coaching change, they do compete. Just crazy that Nuge can have a hattrick and they still manage to lose.

To be fair, the other team got a hattrick too... it's one of those rare games. That being said, the Oilers' goaltending is just sadistically bad. They could have Varly in net and it wouldn't help them.

TheStranger

Jan 21, 2010
Ottawa, Ontario
To be fair, the other team got a hattrick too... it's one of those rare games. That being said, the Oilers' goaltending is just sadistically bad. They could have Varly in net and it wouldn't help them.

I don't think Scrivens is that bad. Or atleast he wasn't when he started with the Oilers, his career may be ruined now.

Avsboy

Dec 12, 2006
Duchene's passion for winning and passion for everything Avs is through the roof. I also think he tops out nearly as good as RNH. I wouldn't trade him. I also wouldn't trade the players you listed. The best package I can think of would be a signed RoR + 2016 1st + Siemens. I think that could actually do it.

But do the Avs really need RNH?? I don't think so. Not much of a fit.

TheStranger

Jan 21, 2010
Ottawa, Ontario
Duchene's passion for winning and passion for everything Avs is through the roof. I also think he tops out nearly as good as RNH. I wouldn't trade him. I also wouldn't trade the players you listed. The best package I can think of would be a signed RoR + 2016 1st + Siemens. I think that could actually do it.

But do the Avs really need RNH?? I don't think so. Not much of a fit.

Holy **** no way I give that much up for RNH.

Avsboy

Dec 12, 2006
Holy **** no way I give that much up for RNH.

You have to overpay for him. There's no way Oilers do it for less than that. It's also not that far off from a value standpoint.

But there's no fit on the Avs, and personally I think RNH is too thin.

kchan9

Oct 7, 2010
Hockey wise he is decent but off the ice, RNH is a b*tch. Acts like a big shot when people are asking for a picture and autograph. He's not humble like a lot of our guys

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
I'd move Duchene for RNH if the Oilers offered it. I think RNH has the potential to put up as many points as Duchene does while being better defensively. He also thrives off of getting teammates involved, something Duchene tends to struggle with.

@kchan9, I'm not sure what bad experience you had with him, but when I've met him he's been great to talk to. He's a very shy person so maybe that comes off as rude to some people.

FoppaForsberg*

Agree 100% with dahrougem2, RNH is such a smart player who IMO has the potential to put up greater numbers then Duchene along with good defense. The only thing that Duchene has over RNH is speed and the passion for the Avs which he gained over his entire life.

Oilers, nor the Avs would ever offer either one up however.

Gabe the Babe

Apr 24, 2014
I think Duchene has as much offensive potential as anyone in the NHL. The only problem is he gets in his own head so much the chances of him reaching his true potential are slim.

I still think he'll be a consistent 75 point per season guy in his prime. He's also no bum defensively. I'll keep him over RNH at the end of the day. Even if it's a poor decision. You can't put that kind of heart in a statistic.

kchan9

Oct 7, 2010
I'd move Duchene for RNH if the Oilers offered it. I think RNH has the potential to put up as many points as Duchene does while being better defensively. He also thrives off of getting teammates involved, something Duchene tends to struggle with.

@kchan9, I'm not sure what bad experience you had with him, but when I've met him he's been great to talk to. He's a very shy person so maybe that comes off as rude to some people.

I've seen him at the local bar a few times with Hall and others. Fans ask for a pic and he just looks away and ignores them. Nonetheless though he is a good player indeed.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach

That's just insane. Any marginal advantage in upside either of them has, depending on your preference, doesn't come close to the value of duchene's contract and the fact that he bleeds burgundy and blue. If RNH ever gets as good as matt he still won't be as valuable to this specific team, especially with MacK on board trumping both of them. What brings us to the cups this group can win isn't swapping around the cornerstones, it's finishing the whole shebang around the cornerstones as they reach their primes.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
I think Duchene has as much offensive potential as anyone in the NHL. The only problem is he gets in his own head so much the chances of him reaching his true potential are slim.

I still think he'll be a consistent 75 point per season guy in his prime. He's also no bum defensively. I'll keep him over RNH at the end of the day. Even if it's a poor decision. You can't put that kind of heart in a statistic.

Eh, if Matty could shoot he'd have as much potential as anyone. As is he can dominate as well as anyone when on his game (see last season), but his shot will leave him susceptible to some weaker stretches that separate him from the very top tier, even if he eventually learns to get over the pressure he puts on himself like EJ finally has.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
That's just insane. Any marginal advantage in upside either of them has, depending on your preference, doesn't come close to the value of duchene's contract and the fact that he bleeds burgundy and blue. If RNH ever gets as good as matt he still won't be as valuable to this specific team, especially with MacK on board trumping both of them. What brings us to the cups this group can win isn't swapping around the cornerstones, it's finishing the whole shebang around the cornerstones as they reach their primes.

Insane? Why are you even bothering to bring up contracts? They're signed for the EXACT SAME CAP-HIT, and Nugent-Hopkins' contract is even two years longer. If anything, RNH's contract is better because of that additional two years. Why wouldn't he be as valuable to this specific team? Because Dutchy bleeds burgundy and blue? Big whoop. If a better player comes along, I don't care if the person would kill for the Avs, if it made us a better team I would make the trade. I love Duchene but if given the choice I'm taking RNH. Their offensive games are already around the same level and RNH is a superior defensive player.

Bender

Sep 25, 2002
My head almost exploded this morning. :(

http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showpost.php?p=98821119&postcount=123

This was a reply to me pointing out that even if Flyer fans are using a 'small sample size - one 7 game playoff series' to try and pump up Couturier, that leaf fans have done the same with Gardiner over the past 2 years with his series against the Bruins.

I guess with some fans, the past doesn't count and sample sizes certainly don't mean much, except when they go to serve their own point of view. :shakehead

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad