Rumor: In-season Proposals, Rumors, Free Agents & Roster Moves (related topics) LIV

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

klozge

Avs
Jul 19, 2009
Espelkamp, Germany
If Stastny played in one of the bigger markets or the Eastern Confernece, there'd be no shortage of talk about him. But he doesn't play for LA, Chicago, Vancouver, Boston, Pittsburgh, NYR/NYI, etc. he plays for the Avalanche...they hardly ever get any love from the Insiders.
Stastny just played for Team USA and I heard his name often when I used to listen to the TSN Toronto radio station a couple of months ago, though. I think they would have mentioned him if the Avs were agressively shopping him. Some team would have told them and he would be an interesting player for Leafs fans imo.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
If Stastny played in one of the bigger markets or the Eastern Confernece, there'd be no shortage of talk about him. But he doesn't play for LA, Chicago, Vancouver, Boston, Pittsburgh, NYR/NYI, etc. he plays for the Avalanche...they hardly ever get any love from the Insiders.

But he'd basically go to one of those teams, or a Canadian market especially since they've been rumored to have been sniffing around quite a bit, so isn't that relevant to them? I know they don't care what happens in Colorado.

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
Stastny just played for Team USA and I heard his name often when I used to listen to the TSN Toronto radio station a couple of months ago, though. I think they would have mentioned him if the Avs were agressively shopping him. Some team would have told them and he would be an interesting player for Leafs fans imo.

Nary a whisper from McKenzie, Friedman, Dreger, LeBrun, etc. in the last 2 days says that once again the Avs and their players are easy to pass over news-wise from these people.

I've gotten used to it over the years. Even the teams we're better than (the Oilers, etc.) get more Trade Deadline Press than the Avalanche.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
McKenzie did say he didn't think Avs would trade Stastny because they didn't want to weaken the team. That's probably a reason TSN isn't pushing Stastny for this deadline. There isn't a single Avs player among the 30 they have on their Players in Play list.

Dater is trying to create trade rumors about a Stastny trade, which is an annual tradition, but it doesn't seem to gain much traction.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Nary a whisper from McKenzie, Friedman, Dreger, LeBrun, etc. in the last 2 days says that once again the Avs and their players are easy to pass over news-wise from these people.

I've gotten used to it over the years. Even the teams we're better than (the Oilers, etc.) get more Trade Deadline Press than the Avalanche.

LeBrun said it on radio a few weeks ago, it's nearly impossible to predict what the Avs will do or get any information on them. I bet it's the same for McKenzie, Dreger, and Friedman. You'll get bits and pieces on the Avs from Dreger but that's because he likes to throw random stuff out there. McKenzie, LeBrun, and Friedman usually don't speculate unless they've heard something.

klozge

Avs
Jul 19, 2009
Espelkamp, Germany

That's absolutely true but I really think it would be different if Stastny was shopped. TSN doesn't care about the Avs (and why should they?) but I think a few Canadian teams and their fans would be very interested in Stazz. Maybe I'm just searching for reasons to believe he won't be traded but I really like that they don't talk about him.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
Are we all forgetting.... Nobody talking about a Stastny trade is par for the course with an Avs trade. :naughty:

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Leafs fans emphatically saying they don't need Stastny or another center because they have Bozak and Kadri makes me laugh, a lot.

shadow1

Nov 29, 2008
On another note, while I think trading Paul Stastny is a better alternative to losing him for nothing, it would be one of the bigger shockers in Avalanche history if he isn't a member of the team 40 hours from now.

the_fan

Have we traded Mikko yet?
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
I really think Stastny will be resigned and Avs wont do anything at the trade deadline.

Although they might not sign Stastny within next 2 days but they will before he becomes UFA

Avs44

May 16, 2011
Looks like a few Leaf fans are finally realizing Gardiner isn't all that great. What I've been saying for nearly two years: he isn't good defensively or smart in his own zone at all. The guy just uses his speed to bail himself out. He really isn't an intelligent player.

Nzap

lunaR Pad
Jul 19, 2011
Parma
Are you actually trying to compare the situations O'Reilly and Stastny are in?

If what the guy I was replying to said was true then it'd be utterly stupid to keep around an impending UFA when you're unsure of his intentions. O'Reilly can't go anywhere even if he wants out.

Forgot this?
20140117104422113.png

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
FWIW, Dater guarantees O'Reilly will be signed to a long-term extension before August.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad