Rumor: In-season Proposals, Rumors, Free Agents & Roster Moves (related topics) LIV

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

bohlmeister

May 18, 2007
Looking at Lumbus' roster, I hope nothing is going on here. Wonder what the Avs would even be looking for?

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
I still find it odd Dater is apparently the only one who has any hint of any of this. There wasn't any shortage of Avs talk around the Kulikov or PAP hysteria. Granted nothing happened there but plenty of talk anyway.

Friedman was the only one who speculated. Hopefully he puts his 30 thoughts out tomorrow instead of Wednesday. I have to assume he will since the deadline is Wednesday. Friedman is the only person who hasn't really speculated about the deadline this week so hopefully he has something to say about the Avs.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
McKenzie spoke about Stastny last week on the radio. That's when we started up the trade talk in this thread.

The Mars Volchenkov

Mar 31, 2002
Colorado
I've seen some post how when MacKinnon is ready to take over completely, you can just trade Stastny a few years down the line. The issue with that is...why would Stastny sign here long term if he can see himself traded in just a few years? He may love Denver, and obviously his fiancé is from here, but he has to see the writing is on the wall that its going to be the Duchene/MacKinnon show real soon.

If he's coming back at under 6M, I'll be real happy and surprised, but I don't see it happening.

Burnaby_Joe*

I've seen some post how when MacKinnon is ready to take over completely, you can just trade Stastny a few years down the line. The issue with that is...why would Stastny sign here long term if he can see himself traded in just a few years? He may love Denver, and obviously his fiancé is from here, but he has to see the writing is on the wall that its going to be the Duchene/MacKinnon show real soon.

If he's coming back at under 6M, I'll be real happy and surprised, but I don't see it happening.

I will be absolutely thrilled, but it won't happen.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Yes. They are a much better team considering what they gave up.

A floater, the inferior goalie and picks/prospects? They got the better goalie by a large margin and arguably the better forward.

I just don't think Miller is that great of a goalie...

Not a game changing goalie, in my opinion.

Whether he's that great or not isn't the point...he's better than what they had.

BTW he is that great, his team was **** the past couple of years.

The Mars Volchenkov

Mar 31, 2002
Colorado
Dater's surprised scouts aren't really hanging around games tonight. The deadline is in two days. Scouts are probably meeting with their respective teams.

bohlmeister

May 18, 2007

I think you and I have had this opinion for a while now. Completely agree. I just don't see a long term fit for him.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003

It's not like it would be inevitable that he wouldn't have a role after a few years. MacKinnon might stick on the wing. Stastny might play wing. Avs might run three balanced lines.

Of course if Stastny insists on being the man, he's decided to move on. But that's not what he's saying. He claims to want to be part of a winning team. There isn't many better spots in the league than the one he currently is in, if he wants to win championships.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
Fwiw, Duchene was just on the radio saying he hasn't heard any rumors about the Avs and he would know because he follows all the right people. :laugh: And they shouldn't fix what isn't broken

Tommy Shelby

Feb 26, 2012
I'm starting to become worried, that Roy actually things our defense is good.

If that's the case, round 1 of the playoffs will be the huge wake-up call he needs.

I don't believe he thinks it's good. The system is good, the individuals are not. Besides EJ, Hejda and sometimes Barrie.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
"Dismantling", "gutting the team", "sending the wrong message", etc.

Come on now. No one is suggesting trading a prime Joe Sakic for some scrubs.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
I'm starting to become worried, that Roy actually things our defense is good.

I think it's more than most GMs don't want to make trades unless they feel they get the better deal, which makes it hard to improve through trades. Especially if you want the deal to make sense long term. I think it's encouraging that Sakic/Roy haven't been tricked into making a bad deal to fix the defense.

It's going to take a few years. Avs have some promising kids and I am fairly certain players around the league see what's happening with the Avs and it's turning into an attractive destination.

Hans Landaskog

Feb 27, 2012
Denver
"Dismantling", "gutting the team", "sending the wrong message", etc.

Come on now. No one is suggesting trading a prime Joe Sakic for some scrubs.

I know that was a stretch, but I mean what should or could we actually do right now that would make an immediate impact? Not much.

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
The TSN insiders just did their tradecentre segment of sportscentre and there wasn't a single mention of the Avs or Stastny. I guess that's expected since the Avs don't seem to ever reveal any information.

If Stastny played in one of the bigger markets or the Eastern Confernece, there'd be no shortage of talk about him. But he doesn't play for LA, Chicago, Vancouver, Boston, Pittsburgh, NYR/NYI, etc. he plays for the Avalanche...they hardly ever get any love from the Insiders.

The Mars Volchenkov

Mar 31, 2002
Colorado
I know that was a stretch, but I mean what should or could we actually do right now that would make an immediate impact? Not much.
Any Stastny trade isn't likely to make the team immediately better. It's about getting some assets at other positions of need that could help in the future and a little bit now.

Losing Stastny for nothing doesn't help at all.

Avs44

May 16, 2011
Seems to be the case for both him and O'Reilly. So gut the team then?

Are you actually trying to compare the situations O'Reilly and Stastny are in?

If what the guy I was replying to said was true then it'd be utterly stupid to keep around an impending UFA when you're unsure of his intentions. O'Reilly can't go anywhere even if he wants out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad