Rumor: In-season Proposals, Rumors, Free Agents & Roster Moves (related topics) LIV

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
True and I think we could get a pretty good return for him since he might be the BPA (besides Kesler) but I don't know which teams can/will offer that. Defenseman with upside, are we talking Gardiner/Tinordi? Along those lines? I don't know how much those guys will help us right now but they could be good in the future.

I see a deal as:

Gardiner/Tinordi/Beaulieu/Gormley/Erixon/Orlov/etc + youngish 3rd liner (23-28, older must have term on deal) Eller/Anisimov/Korpi + pick ranging from 1st to 3rd depending on players involved.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
BTW, Marcel Goc would be an upgrade on Johnny Malkin. Malkin actually had some fantastic numbers his final season with the Rangers at first glance, and he had so-so numbers his first season in Colorado (which is impressive given how much ice time he had and how awful the team was). But this year his numbers have been horrendous. Goc on the other hand has been solid for years, and the difference in Quality of Competition between Goc and Mitchell is marginal this season, slight edge to Goc.

In short, Goc would be a very serviceable 3rd line C, whereas Malkin is terrible. It all depends on what they do with Stastny in before Wednesday I suppose.

Averick*

He's actually shared that he knows the two sides have been in contact, but he can't get either one of them to talk what the other side is wanting...and that's not necessarily his fault.

I'm not saying it's his fault they won't talk to him. But this "news item" that you mention is also common sense. Most people would assume as much. It is Daters fault, however, that he doesn't distinguish between fact and conjecture. But this stuff about Stastny is inane.

I guess another issue people might have is that this guy actually comes across as smug at times, which is kind of pathetic considering how often he lacks the deliverables because he's so unconnected.

hockeyfish

Feb 23, 2007
Seattle
Got to say, Tinordi and Eller would be tempting if we have to go that route. Add in a 3rd asset like a pick or Andrighetto and I'd pull the trigger if we have to move on.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
That hockey buzz interview makes me think there are no contract negotiations even ongoing. Seems like there's an agreement between Staz and his agent that they wont even start considering options until all hockey has been played.

Avs44

May 16, 2011
That hockey buzz interview makes me think there are no contract negotiations even ongoing. Seems like there's an agreement between Staz and his agent that they wont even start considering options until all hockey has been played.
If that really is the case, trade him.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007

Dater is bad but not that bad. He has all but guaranteed they're talking, he just doesn't know where the negotiations stand because no one will return his calls.

But if what you're saying is accurate, there's no reason for Stastny to still be here past Wednesday.

Averick*

I'd like to be a fly on the wall to see what Stastny is being offered.

I don't think just under 6 million is an unreasonable offer, given what Duchene makes. I also worry that Stastny is being disengenuous when he stays he wants to say. I suspect he might really be saying, "I'm willing to stay if they pay me what I can get in free agency." It could also be that it's agent-speak he's been programmed to regurgitate. A) if he admits he really wants to got to FA so to go to St Louis or to the highest bidder, the fans could make things uncomfortable for him and, B) his agent also wants to nudge the Avs up on their price and not burn bridges.

Its possible the Avs are low-balling him but I'm really starting to think this stuff about wanting to stay is nonsense for any of the above reasons.

Averick*

Dater is bad but not that bad. He has all but guaranteed they're talking, he just doesn't know where the negotiations stand because no one will return his calls.

But if what you're saying is accurate, there's no reason for Stastny to still be here past Wednesday.

Yeah, they might be talking but it could all be a waste of time. Stastny's agent knows if Stastny waits until after the deadline their leverage goes up.

I hope I'm wrong but I really feel that Stastny and his agent are working the situation. I don't fault a guy for wanting to be a free agent to get market value but to be disengenuous and string people along is a different matter.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com

I think that's Stastny answering as if nobody knows there are negotiations. Since nobody is allowed to publicly acknowledge any are ongoing, if there are any, then it makes sense to speak this way.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
At this point I almost hope he gets traded just so we know we get something and feel safe. Or even better they announce he's re-signed.

Foppa Frossa

May 11, 2006
Denver, CO
His buddy Stewie is no longer with the Blues, so maybe he doesn't want to go to St. Louis anymore.

I just want to keep seeing this after games for many years:

GYI0062353803_crop_450x500.jpg

Congo Jack

is a big fat mess.
Jun 28, 2011
Candy Apple Island
I was just indulging in some TFP reading and one article says that the Avs approached Columbus about a possible Stastny trade.

TFP has learned that the Blue Jackets were approached by the Avs about Stastny, though a deal is not imminent.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
The TSN insiders just did their tradecentre segment of sportscentre and there wasn't a single mention of the Avs or Stastny. I guess that's expected since the Avs don't seem to ever reveal any information.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
I still find it odd Dater is apparently the only one who has any hint of any of this. There wasn't any shortage of Avs talk around the Kulikov or PAP hysteria. Granted nothing happened there but plenty of talk anyway.

I feel like throwing up. I guess this won't go away for the next 36 hours.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad