Rumor: In-season Proposals, Rumors, Free Agents & Roster Moves (related topics) L

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
SOB is one of those guys who should only play on one year deals. Keeps him motivated and prevents him from being stupid off the ice. We messed up by giving him term but thankfully, Feaster bailed us out.

Colorado Avalanche

No Babe pictures
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2004
Lieto
SOB is one of those guys who should only play on one year deals. Keeps him motivated and prevents him from being stupid off the ice. We messed up by giving him term but thankfully, Feaster bailed us out.

He didn't just bail us out, he gave us Tanguay. At the same time we got RID OF Jones AND SOB. What a GREAT trade.. :yo::handclap:

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
I remember CGY fans being rather happy with the trade as SOB was better than Sarich and Jones gave them scoring and grit and whatnot... Good times.

JoemAvs

Jul 2, 2011
I still wonder how the heck the Avs pulled the trade off.

I still believe that it was Feasters way of apologizing for the ROR offersheet fiasco. He probably realized that he screwed up big time and that the Avs saved his behind after he tried to screw with them via offersheet.

Or it was just Feaster. Maybe he saw something in Jones...

The Mars Volchenkov

Mar 31, 2002
Colorado
Dater says Columbus has two scouts there again, including John Davidson. Two from Detroit, one from Chicago, Pittsburgh and NYR. Also says he's heard Mitchell's name in play.

Mitchell for Nikitin. UFA for UFA.

Bordeleau Of Blood

Archangel
Jul 28, 2005
I still believe that it was Feasters way of apologizing for the ROR offersheet fiasco. He probably realized that he screwed up big time and that the Avs saved his behind after he tried to screw with them via offersheet.

Or it was just Feaster. Maybe he saw something in Jones...

Dater did a radio interview shortly after the draft where he said that Feaster was walking around the draft floor talking about what a home run that deal was for Calgary. He must have really liked Jones if that was the case.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
Remember the spin, they thought they were getting this great young goal scorer in Jones. All their propaganda was about dumping two older players. They just wanted rid of Sarich and liked SOB's physicality. I don't think Feaster would intentionally execute a bad trade because of ROR, he was trying to save his own hide.

Mitchell huh? Didnt think Roy would go there but makes sense.

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
Just putting this out there (for the sake of conversation): The Rangers have definitely scouted the Avs pretty heavily this season and this game is now two in a row (that I can recall). Perhaps Poulin wasn't blowing smoke (even though I think he probably was, he's not responding to any more of my questions on Twitter)

hockeyfish

Feb 23, 2007
Seattle
Wow, Shocked they don't like Mitchell much. Or at the least not enough to make him untouchable. He seemed like one of those players who the team falls in love with despite fans hating him.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
Just putting this out there (for the sake of conversation): The Rangers have definitely scouted the Avs pretty heavily this season and this game is now two in a row (that I can recall). Perhaps Poulin wasn't blowing smoke (even though I think he probably was, he's not responding to any more of my questions on Twitter)

There are a lot of things adding together for something not to be brewing but who knows if anything will happen. I'd say Pittsburgh being around has been pretty consistent too. The Flames and Habs have stopped for now.

hockeyfish

Feb 23, 2007
Seattle

Between that, the constant scouting, and Dater's report that the Rangers asked for Barrie, there is certainly smoke. But then again, we haven't heard anything from Montreal is a while, and they basically shadowed us the entire 1st half.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
Dater did a radio interview shortly after the draft where he said that Feaster was walking around the draft floor talking about what a home run that deal was for Calgary. He must have really liked Jones if that was the case.

Flames had to trade Tanguay and Sarich. Both are veterans that wanted nothing to do with a re-build and Sarich had been a healthy scratch the year before.

It's not like Feaster could have kept these players.

Jones hasn't been that bad for Flames. He's playing physical and eats minutes. Not worth his salary but he might score 20 goals with a bit of luck.

Avs71

Aug 12, 2008
I think the Avs will be very heavily scouted till the deadline. Main reason: O'Reilly. Teams are going to want to know just what they're looking at. I don't think the Avs will trade him, but it won't stop teams from wanting to see how he has progressed, and whether or not he is a player they would want to even offer handing over the farm for.

As for the Rangers, I guess they could be scouting McGinn+Barrie, but I hope not because that rumoured deal wouldn't be great if Barrie was involved.

CB Joe

Oct 12, 2008

No one else hears a peep, yet this fella know just about everyone involved in the trade. Very suspicious. I'm very skeptical.

calvin0416*

Why a TRADE will make the Avs Better

The Avs need another good defenseman (maybe 2), and another good 3rd or 4th line character role player. Avs have enough offensive talented scoring forwards that giving up one or two of them to get a good defenseman and 3rd/4th line solid checker/depth player will be better for the team.

If you're worried about losing someone like Stastny, or Tanguay, or PAP, think about how often many teams in the NHL who lose a star player ACTUALLY got better in terms of record/performance.

When Stamkos went out, everyone was like, "TB is out of the playoffs". Well, they actually got better and their record improved since he's been out lol. When Jonathan Quick went out with injury, same thing ("LA is done this year"), but they actually got better without Quick (improved stats, climbed the standings). The Penguins have shown it many times that when either Crosby or Malkin went down with injury, the team actually continued to play well, or even better. It's a strange anomaly how this happens (maybe because everyone else steps up or plays harder to fill the void?), but it happens. So don't feel like losing a good player like Stastny or PAP or veteran like Tanguay is somehow going to be a bad thing and ruin our chemistry. It won't. It'll actually make us better.

Let's get a good defenseman to help our d core, and open up a bit of space on our forwards roster.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
Teams don't get better by losing their better players. They might be able to play good enough to win during a short stretch.

As for improving defense. It's been said hundreds of times on this forum. I'm not sure it's thread worthy. Everyone knows this defense isn't good enough in the long run.

Avsboy

Dec 12, 2006
I wouldn't trade anyone in the top 9 unless we can get an equal player back and someone on D. For example, that "rumored" NY Rangers trade of Girardi and Miller for McGinn, Elliott, and Wilson, I would do.

I want three scoring lines.

As for the D, if we can't get a defenseman or two without trading our top players, I would wait until the offseason and/or until our prospects are ready.

calvin0416*

Teams don't get better by losing their better players. They might be able to play good enough to win during a short stretch.

As for improving defense. It's been said hundreds of times on this forum. I'm not sure it's thread worthy. Everyone knows this defense isn't good enough in the long run.

I know it's a different sport but try telling this to the Seattle Mariners when they lost Ken Griffey Jr. (the best player at the time) and then the following year, the Mariners went on to post the most wins a in a single season all-time (tied).

Losing several good players, sure, but if the Avs trade 1 of our good forwards to get a defensive part we really need, it'll be much better for us guaranteed. People need not worry about losing our offensive touch if we get rid of someone like Stastny.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad