Rumor: In-season Proposals, Rumors, Free Agents & Roster Moves (related topics) L

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

hockeyfish

Feb 23, 2007
Seattle
Larsson is 1 yr younger than Barrie and at the same term of his ELC. I think going "bust" on Larsson is way too premature since there is still so much upside on this board for Barrie.

Then again, if I'm Sakic/Roy, I'm playing that "Larsson has underperformed" card all day long.

EJ-Larsson-Barrie/Elliott-Guenin on the right side is very solid moving forward for the next 3-5 years.

The Left side is still a mystery, but there seems to be much more LH options out there and many with some Veteran experience.
I'm sure they would. Then they would counter with the laneskog has underperformed card.

Gaks*

Gardiner AND Franson for pending UFA Stastny would be pretty fair in terms of value. Would probably help both teams pretty good too. We get two defenseman who can go into the lineup and kick two AHL-guys out of here and they get there center.

I'd honestly rather have Gunnar and Gardy than Franson. Franson is a giant Barrie with AHL defense. No thanks.

hughdreamz

Jun 24, 2006
Michigan
So let's just sign O'Reilly long term already so we can stop these stupid rumors. Give him 6 or 7 million. If he hits 30 goals he's definitely worth it.

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
1 out of 3 years is slightly different than Larsson's underperforming.

However, I still think Larsson is a SOLID #2-3 in this league by the age of 25.

What do you mean "1 out of 3 years"? He played exceptionally well his rookie year, never really got out of the gate his sophomore year (lockout and injury/concussion) and is back to playing really well this year.

NJ can ask for Larsson if they want, but we know and they know that Landeskog has way more value than Larsson at this point in their respective careers.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Going back to that earlier Smyth conversation, I would be fine with him coming back. He's old and slow but still better than a few guys we have playing every game for us. He would be very cheap as well.

Smyth-MacKinnon-Parenteau and McLeod-Mitchell-Talbot

or

Smyth-Mitchell-McLeod on the 4th line

I'm guessing most people will disagree though.....

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
The same Ryan Smyth that Oilers fans unanimously agree is their worst forward?

No thank you.

He's their whipping boy. Might still be some hard feelings over how he left a few years ago.

He hasn't been very good and I don't know if he would fit our team because of his lack of speed but I like him. A veteran player who still works his ass off every time he's on the ice.

PeterTheGreat

Jan 4, 2009
Absolutely not.

Smyth was almost cooked when he left us, and that wasnt recently.

He'd be one of our very worst forwards, only better than Bordeleau.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
Smyth have been decent this year. He even skates better than I thought he would at this age. I suspect he's done moving. He wanted to go back to Edmonton.

Avs are fine when it comes to forwards. With Malone proven to be good enough to play on the fourth line, they have 14 forwards. That's not counting Hishon/Sgarbossa who are finally healthy and might get a cup of coffee in the NHL if a spot opens up.

I do waiver a bit on McGinn/Pap being expendable. It was pretty nice having three scoring lines again for the forty minutes they skated hard. I think I might rather part with the first round pick and keep the forwards, if it's what it takes to upgrade on d. And I'm a first round pick scrooge.

AvsWraith

Jan 21, 2010
Colorado
If we were to get anyone from the Oil, I'd get Hemsky. I think he would fit well playing with MacK. Would only happen if we trade a forward for an upgrade on defense though. At this point, I'd rather try to trade our 1st for a defensemen rather than break up our three line scoring.

Drury_Sakic

Jul 25, 2003
www.avalanchedb.com
Smyth has hinted at wanting one more kick at the can, so I imagine if he is traded I would guess he tries to go to Chicago, Anaheim, or Pitt. I would be he could care less what his role is going into the playoffs so long as he gets a real kick at the cup.

That said, if he would be OK with playing on the 4th line with some spot time on the PP and perhaps even being a healthy scratch some, I would bring him back in. Oilers will be giving him away to wherever he wants to go, so the cost would be virtually nothing...and in a big game in the playoffs I would much rather have Smyth in the roster than Bords. I also think Smyth will be one of those guys who plays far over his skill level in his last go and a contender will get flashes of him as the playoffs go along.

klozge

Avs
Jul 19, 2009
Espelkamp, Germany
Smyth has hinted at wanting one more kick at the can, so I imagine if he is traded I would guess he tries to go to Chicago, Anaheim, or Pitt. I would be he could care less what his role is going into the playoffs so long as he gets a real kick at the cup.

That said, if he would be OK with playing on the 4th line with some spot time on the PP and perhaps even being a healthy scratch some, I would bring him back in. Oilers will be giving him away to wherever he wants to go, so the cost would be virtually nothing...and in a big game in the playoffs I would much rather have Smyth in the roster than Bords. I also think Smyth will be one of those guys who plays far over his skill level in his last go and a contender will get flashes of him as the playoffs go along.

No, please not. Smyth is terrible. Bordy can hit at least.

AslanRH

Not a Core Poster
Sponsor
Jun 5, 2012
Wyoming, USA
What do you mean "1 out of 3 years"? He played exceptionally well his rookie year, never really got out of the gate his sophomore year (lockout and injury/concussion) and is back to playing really well this year.

NJ can ask for Larsson if they want, but we know and they know that Landeskog has way more value than Larsson at this point in their respective careers.

I meant exactly that. Landy really has had only 1 out of 3 seasons where one could argue he underperformed

the_fan

Have we traded Mikko yet?
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
I posted this in the other thread, but would it be possible to somehow get Kulikov and Campbell at the trade deadline without giving up one of Stastny or ROR? That would make the Avs d core very competitive with the top teams in the West come playoff time.

Hejda-EJ
Kulikov-Campbell

AvsfanJack

Jun 30, 2013
Windsor
I posted this in the other thread, but would it be possible to somehow get Kulikov and Campbell at the trade deadline without giving up one of Stastny or ROR? That would make the Avs d core very competitive with the top teams in the West come playoff time.

Hejda-EJ
Kulikov-Campbell

Not a chance. We would have to give up like 4 firsts. And probably still have to add. That's how much they love Campbell. And they still like Kulikov as well. They would absolutely ask for ROR. IMO.

hockeyfish

Feb 23, 2007
Seattle

Hejda-EJ
Kulikov-Campbell

Possible, yes. But we would probably have to gut the farm system to do it.

CB Joe

Oct 12, 2008
I doubt Florida is going to trade Campbell or Kulikov if the new owner is committed to spending money on the team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad