Rumor: In-season Proposals, Rumors, Free Agents & Roster Moves (related topics) L

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gigantor The Goalie

Speak for the Goalies
Feb 4, 2012
New London
I'd say that theres some peanut butter and crackers. Enough to make a snack should we need it. But not enough to make a meal or satisfy a guest.

Couldn't have said it better myself. We have a bunch of long shots down there and future bottom 6 players but no one that can be a main piece in a trade.

AnimalMother73

Sep 17, 2009
Just curious how many top 6 f
F or top 4 D do you think teams have on average on their AHL affiliate? I'm thinking deep teams have 4-6 but don't really have a clue.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
No probably not that many. I look to Tampa and Detroit who each have strong farm teams and have called up/promoted key pieces from those teams this season. The farm team isn't going to be full of high end talent but it would be nice to get a few high draft picks there and on the fast track to making the team.

AnimalMother73

Sep 17, 2009
No probably not that many. I look to Tampa and Detroit who each have strong farm teams and have called up/promoted key pieces from those teams this season. The farm team isn't going to be full of high end talent but it would be nice to get a few high draft picks there and on the fast track to making the team.
suppose you list Elliott, Siemens and Hishon, not too bad but each has significant risks or room for growth in order to pan out....suppose that's also why they are there on not in NHL

none really look like a shiny rock though in terms of trade asset

To the window!
Sponsor
Jan 15, 2011
Mt Holly, NC
suppose you list Elliott, Siemens and Hishon, not too bad but each has significant risks or room for growth in order to pan out....suppose that's also why they are there on not in NHL

I am hoping all our goalies turn out to be something.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com

Yes, those are the top tier prospects in our pool. Each with questions but still a lot of potential. The point is we need more, especially first round talent. I'm very happy our elite first round picks are part of the Avs but we need to grow some on the farm too.

AnimalMother73

Sep 17, 2009
Yes, those are the top tier prospects in our pool. Each with questions but still a lot of potential. The point is we need more, especially first round talent. I'm very happy our elite first round picks are part of the Avs but we need to grow some on the farm too.
Agreed hopefully of the big winger variety seems where we are hurting the most prospect wise

Nzap

lunaR Pad
Jul 19, 2011
Parma
Hard to tell sometimes with how depleted or otherwise lacking in talent the team in front of them is, would like to see Pickard get a cup of coffee soon

Yeah I wouldn't rule Pickard out at all either.

I still have him pegged higher than Sami myself.

JWK

Report Spam @JWK on Twitter Plz
Mar 27, 2010
Our 2nd favorite defender, Shane O'Brien, on waivers.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
He's got size, decent skating and decent hands. He just doesn't seem to have the professionalism required to succeed. Seems like a path of least resistance guy.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Does Calgary still have both of their compliance buyouts? I almost wonder if they'll use them on our old pals SOB and Davey Jones.

Here you go. The answer is yes.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=675349

I doubt they'll use them on Jones or SOB though. Dennis Wideman, who was a -4 last night against the Force that is Eric Nystrom, on the other hand...

CB Joe

Oct 12, 2008
Does Calgary still have both of their compliance buyouts? I almost wonder if they'll use them on our old pals SOB and Davey Jones.

I laughed then I left sorry for Calgary. Then I remembered they threw an offer sheet at us, now I don't feel bad for laughing. I'm enjoying the thought of the Flames buying out both Jones and O'Brien.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad