Impact thread - Saputo n'est pas Briand Edition

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
I may be mistaken, but for most of this 7-games-in-22-days run, Cabrera was a sub for most of the games, if not all of them. Grade has preferred Fanni, Camacho, and Raitala over him. And with Fisher and Diallo (a Garde acquisition) set to return, Cabrera has surely fallen down the depth chart.

He's still good enough to have value in a trade that would help liberate an international spot for Diallo.

Reactions: phacochere

adudeonaforum

Oct 14, 2015
Mtl
He's been fine, but the main reason behind shopping him is that he takes an international spot and that he's quite expensive. Also, since he's a known commodity in MLS, he's easier to trade. As Nilton and Sofiane have pointed in one of their CCPP, Cabrera first signed a contract with the MLS and then Montréal asked to get him, so he's well known by most teams.

Yeah, he seems have the reputation of being rash and overly agressive sometimes. Personally I think he was left stranded by Ciman's constant erring. To me, his biggest flaw is his aerial play.

We are getting crowded at CB, and I dont see any of the newer intl CB signings leaving now.

More than anyone though, Mancosucks has to go, and he has to go NOW. I dont care about his f***ing work rate, he's a striker, not a defensive midfielder. f***, put Krolicki as CF, you'll get the damn work rate and at this point he'll probably score more goals than him, as he wont be missing tap-ins on purpose!

edit: lol, 3rd post, 3rd rant... I'll go have a glass of water.

Last edited:

Ghetto Sangria

Apr 14, 2009
4-4-2 with Briand and Adi,

--------Adi ----- Briand ---

Piatti - Taider - Piette - Silva

Lovitz - Camacho - Fisher - Fanni

Subs: Diallo (rotate with Fisher when ready), Raitala, Duvall, Krolicki, Vargas, Shome, Choiniere, AJH

That's depth AF. Vargas can play up top, Piatti can rotate there if needed

Reactions: HabsHater9000

Malmo

Apr 6, 2008
Keisuke honda signed with an Australian team for a one year 2.9M contract.

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
4-4-2 with Briand and Adi,

--------Adi ----- Briand ---

Piatti - Taider - Piette - Silva

Lovitz - Camacho - Fisher - Fanni

Subs: Diallo (rotate with Fisher when ready), Raitala, Duvall, Krolicki, Vargas, Shome, Choiniere, AJH

That's depth AF. Vargas can play up top, Piatti can rotate there if needed

Then sign Kamara after the season.

Last edited:

ArtPeur

Have a Snickers
Mar 30, 2010
If Briand finally comes over, can NDS/Braz get the **** out? Garde and co. are already paid enough to handle management. Actually, we need scouts. Give Braz/NDS more scouting with some extra people so that we can avoid shady contacts.

I'm not sure about a 4-2-2 though and Garde seems to like 3 CMs in a 4-3-3, basically 1x6 + 2x8s. Silva seems better when he plays wide. If we do bring Adi and Briand + depth at CB, I could see them trying the 3-5-2 again

Diallo - Fanni - Camacho
Silva - Taider - Piette - Piatti - Lovitz
Adi - Briand

Piatti would be free to roam, Taider too but to a lesser extent

Also, before trading Cabrera away, I'd rest Piette this weekend and try Cabrera at his spot

Reactions: TRG

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
We all want Mancosu to GTFO, but his contract is up after this season. So worst case (if both Briand and Adi are acquired), he remains as a sub. AJH is injured now, but he can be loaned to Ottawa. If they find a way to get rid of Mancosu asap, the better. AJH can be that sub. If not, Mancosu as sub and AJH to Ottawa could be an option?

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
We all want Mancosu to GTFO, but his contract is up after this season. So worst case (if both Briand and Adi are acquired), he remains as a sub. AJH is injured now, but he can be loaned to Ottawa. If they find a way to get rid of Mancosu asap, the better. AJH can be that sub. If not, Mancosu as sub and AJH to Ottawa could be an option?
I honestly don't care what happens to both of them. I just want Mancuso off the pitch and I'm completely indifferent to AJH.

Reactions: TRG

QuebecPride

May 4, 2010
Sherbrooke, Québec

Seems like the guys at TVA really seem to be insisting against Nilton and Filosa

I'm so confused, as someone pointed out on Twitter there are like three versions.

1. Briand/Agent via Nilton: Talks resumed.

2. Braz/NDS/JS via Destouches: Case Closed.

3. Rémi Garde via Rémi Garde: *smirks* There's more than hope in this case, I have done all I can as I always will.

Reactions: JayKing
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad