Impact thread - Saputo n'est pas Briand Edition

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ghetto Sangria

Apr 14, 2009
Valencia and Acosta would be great acquisitions. Exactly what we need for the system we are running now... but honestly, I'll be surprised if we get anything at this point.

THE HOFF

Sep 26, 2007
I don't think so. Usually, the transfer gets done and is officialized only when the player signs the contract with his new team. It all gets done at once. It was weird in that case that Guingamp put an end to Briand's contract before he signed with his new team but that's on them IMO.

that's usually how it works, but in this case the contract termination happened prior to his signature with the IMFC. Like you pointed out, that's what doesn't make sense (not to sign the player before signing the release papers with his former club, but that's not Guingamp's business). Guingamp will get compensated for the breach of contract, and I said if their paperwork is in order like they say it is the IMFC will pay. I guess we will see.

Transféré par Guingamp, pas d'accord avec Montreal, Jimmy Briand est dans une situation délicate

"C'est simple, il a résilié son contrat, pose Bertrand Desplat, le président breton pour L'Équipe. On a une convention homologuée par la Ligue signée par Montréal qui s'engage à nous verser des indemnités (300 000 euros). Si Montréal veut se dédire de ce contrat, ce sera compliqué. Que Montréal et Jimmy ne s'entendent pas, ça les concerne, pas nous."

so basically the impact paying for his release it not tied in any way to his signature, its just that no team in the world is dumb enough to go through the release contract without actually having signed the player in the first place.

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017
Remigarde reminding me Remi the clumsy & kindly clown in Macaroni tout Garni. A fair bit as the Actor Luc Bourgeois playing this role

No luck. All the time in trouble (job,etc). Dealing with Snoro the excited and crybaby green dog (Imfc). Escaping and fighting the monster created and drawn by Macaroni. The One having a ugly face and farts repetitively
(Imfcmanagement).

Ahh back in the days. A throwback.

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
Remigarde reminding me Remi the clumsy & kindly clown in Macaroni tout Garni. A fair bit as the Actor Luc Bourgeois playing this role

No luck. All the time in trouble (job,etc). Dealing with Snoro the excited and crybaby green dog (Imfc). Escaping and fighting the monster created and drawn by Macaroni. The One having a ugly face and farts repetitively
(Imfcmanagement).

Can you please share whatever the hell you are smoking? Looks fun af.

Guilliam

Jul 30, 2010
Montreal
You can just feel that Rémi Garde is getting pissed at management. Watch him leave at the end of tthe season.

JunglePete

Jul 21, 2012
Yea pretty much , lots of talk but nothing happens
yes say it louder LOOOTS of talk

From Hutchinson, Grenier, Moulin, Marchisio, Monconduit, Ben Arfa, Valencia, Briand, Cristian Lopez, Pulgar, Vargas' ex teammate, Nguyen, Adi, and I'm missing a lot. Who did we end up getting? No one :laugh::laugh:

Although I believe Adi will join us on loan,because there's no way he plays in USL for the remainder of the season.

We should stop paying Mancosu and tell him his check is on its way for 3 months so he bounces on free :sarcasm:

Last edited:

JunglePete

Jul 21, 2012

(Imfcmanagement).

More like The Good aka Blondie is Remi Garde
The Bad is NDS
The Ugly is Joey Saputo

Reactions: vokiel

JayKing

Go Habs Go
Dec 30, 2011
Montreal
yes say it louder LOOOTS of talk

From Hutchinson, Grenier, Moulin, Marchisio, Monconduit, Ben Arfa, Valencia, Briand, Cristian Lopez, Pulgar, Vargas' ex teammate, Nguyen, Adi, and I'm missing a lot. Who did we end up getting? No one :laugh::laugh:

Although I believe Adi will join us on loan,because there's no way he plays in USL for the remainder of the season.

We should stop paying Mancosu and tell him his check is on its way for 3 months so he bounces on free :sarcasm:
If you're gonna back to that far for rumors, then you have to at least say that we got Silva, Camacho and Fanni.

Reactions: Pax Macioretty

JayKing

Go Habs Go
Dec 30, 2011
Montreal
Yea pretty much , lots of talk but nothing happens

Reminds me of pre-Lacazette Arsenal. Linked with every striker on the market and all that to end up with Giroud every year and Wellbeck injured for the season playing a few games.

JunglePete

Jul 21, 2012
If you're gonna back to that far for rumors, then you have to at least say that we got Silva, Camacho and Fanni.

& Taider. But, if I remember correctly, they weren't many talks for Silva and Camacho. It happened overnight.

Anyway, as long as Mancocksu leaves I could care less about who we missed out.

JunglePete

Jul 21, 2012
What?

Both cases lasted weeks IIRC. Camacho had a hard time getting out of his contract no?
Right

I want Valencia, Legault and Acosta now!

Valencia would be the best IMFC acquisition in its history. Even if that means giving up Piatti to Tigres, I'm all for it. We see how good Quintero is for Minny, Valencia is 2x Quintero and Piatti is not 2x Quintero, matter of fact I think Quintero is slightly better Piatti today, a bit of a stretch but just my two cents. Regardless, three great players.

Reactions: Pax Macioretty

JayKing

Go Habs Go
Dec 30, 2011
Montreal
Right

Valencia would be the best IMFC acquisition in its history. Even if that means giving up Piatti to Tigres, I'm all for it. We see how good Quintero is for Minny, Valencia is 2x Quintero and Piatti is not 2x Quintero, matter of fact I think Quintero is slightly better Piatti today, a bit of a stretch but just my two cents. Regardless, three great players.

I think starting next year you can put Quintero on that conversation against Piatti but as of today, Nacho has been better and is playing some wonderful football for the team.

JunglePete

Jul 21, 2012
I think starting next year you can put Quintero on that conversation against Piatti but as of today, Nacho has been better and is playing some wonderful football for the team.
they can be put in the same conversation today IMO

Ignacio Piatti : 21 games : 11 goals, 8 assists
Darwin Quintero : 17 games : 9 goals, 6 assists

Minnesota have NO good players aside from Calvo who is a defender (and Ramirez), we at least have Taider, Fanni and Silva. Quintero is indispensable to Minnesota. Montreal is becoming less Piatti-dependent. Nonetheless, I'd take Enner Valencia tomorrow morning if it means giving up Nacho. He can be our Josef Martinez. Small but can score on headers with a tremendous pace and needs a change of scenery.

Emanresu Wen

Apr 4, 2010
In all honesty, Saputo should definitely open up his wallet.

We had such a rough start to this season because of bad luck (Diallo and Fisher major injuries, Vargas being a flop, AJH and Mancosu forgot how to play soccer, Edwards and Petrasso being completely underwhelming, Silva taking a very long time to adapt - albeit he’s good now). But everything is starting to gel now.

In two weeks, we will have upgrades with Fisher and Diallo ready. Our backline will finally be mobile and physical.

Mancosu cost us so many crucial games it’s pathetic.

Give us one of Briand/Adi, that LB and maybe Acosta and we are going minimally to the eastern final

Reactions: JunglePete
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad