Impact thread - Saputo n'est pas Briand Edition

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dominator13

Feb 20, 2003
hockey city
Dominator13
Taider is turning out pretty good too
At both sides of the field too. Garde and Bats have now spent half a season yelling at him from the sidelines to to redistribute the ball quicker and keep moving his feet. It’s paying off big time!

I just hope we get a real n.10 soon so that he doesn’t push the play offensively at th expense of letting Piette defend the midfield alone. He’s not Dzemaili, nor was he brought here to be. That man was suppose to be Vargas, but right now he seems too slow (feet and soccer IQ) to ever reach that level with us. I would package him for Acosta if possible.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Didn't we pay 2 times the amount?

IMFC paid in TAM while this was GAM. I won't sit here and pretend I know which of the two is worth more. But I read that Colorado and MNUTD have been good trading partners. It could very well be two clubs helping each other out.

QuebecPride

May 4, 2010
Sherbrooke, Québec
All of this fiasco is mainly cause by Briand's agent. Had he known MLS rules, he would explain to his client that the reason why Saputo didn't want to write it on paper was because he would end up as a DP and the team apparently had a plan to bring in Adi who is not an international. Nesta, Nelson Rivas had low salaries with other benefits, didn't cause any trouble. See what incompetence can cause :facepalm:

EDIT :
and can we stop with Destouches tweets when it comes to rumors. Said it a few weeks ago, TVA guys are best at reporting what it's going on in training and stick to analysis.

Yes, the European agents have to get more accustomed to the MLS rules. But honestly the league needs to get its shit together and make the rules simpler and less shady. Until then, the Impact need to do a better job of explaining how things work and how you can play around the murky rules.

It's entirely possible that Cincinnati was still negotiating with IFMC yesterday to see what Adi could get them on a 6 months loan, hence the Destouches reports. As soon as FCC confirmed they would be playing him in USL, IMFC went back to Briand. They could for instance have told Briand's clan, we might reopen if Adi doesn't work.

Paul Dipietro

Dec 16, 2009
If IMFC are on the hook for the 300K anyway, why the heck wouldn't they try to work things out with Briand? To save face? This is worse than a 70s Kung Fu flick...

Reactions: TRG

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad