Impact thread - Saputo n'est pas Briand Edition

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal
got an interesting take from Noel Butler yesterday. He said it's Briand's agent's fault for not negotiating with an understanding of how MLS works, and the 'back deal perks' that go on to enhance contracts

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
So no Briand, no Adi, it seems. No Legault, either. Valencia is recycled news from a month ago. No update on Acosta.

At least Fisher's and Diallo's returns will feel like summer mercato acquisitions. But we know they're not.

I still believe the team is on the right track. But if we look at this summer transfer window exclusively, unless something big comes along in the next 6 days, IMFC failed.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
got an interesting take from Noel Butler yesterday. He said it's Briand's agent's fault for not negotiating with an understanding of how MLS works, and the 'back deal perks' that go on to enhance contracts

I think it's the most likely scenario. It doesn't absolve IMFC entirely. But from an outsider's point of view, it seems like it's Briand's agent's fault.

Paul Dipietro

Dec 16, 2009
So no Briand, no Adi, it seems. No Legault, either. Valencia is recycled news from a month ago. No update on Acosta.

At least Fisher's and Diallo's returns will feel like summer mercato acquisitions. But we know they're not.

I still believe the team is on the right track. But if we look at this summer transfer window exclusively, unless something big comes along in the next 6 days, IMFC failed.
CB is arguably the only position where we do not need that much help. Unlike EVERYWHERE ELSE

IMFC were on a really good run. With additional help up front it could've been "storybook" (and yes I'm using past tense)

Reactions: Guilliam

Luigi Habs

Captain Saku
Jul 30, 2005
Montreal
We were told during off season that it's difficult to convince good players from europe when they're in the middle of their season. We were told to wait for the summer.

Summer mercato closes in 6 days and there's no sign of any signature whatsoever.

dinodebino

Sep 27, 2017

Kill me now :help:

Singing the company song, told to stfu by head cheese, we pay you, blablabla...No players? Rémi will make it his mission until the end of the season to show off the lack of talent and depth like he did earlier on. And I take bets that he and his staff will quit after all is said and done.

Bush league team owner that should sell to a conglomerate. Only way this oeganisation will survive.

Reactions: Emily

ArtPeur

Have a Snickers
Mar 30, 2010
Singing the company song, told to **** by head cheese, we pay you, blablabla...No players? Rémi will make it his mission until the end of the season to show off the lack of talent and depth like he did earlier on. And I take bets that he and his staff will quit after all is said and done.

Bush league team owner that should sell to a conglomerate. Only way this oeganisation will survive.

Volcan Schallibaum partie 2

Luigi Habs

Captain Saku
Jul 30, 2005
Montreal
Why is IMFC communication department absolutely terrible?

They announce Briand is coming to sign before making sure it’s actually done.

Then they declare that he won’t sign but a replacement will be announced soon. And now they’re preparing us for no signing.

Never seen such incompetence.

dinodebino

Sep 27, 2017
Why is IMFC communication department absolutely terrible?

They announce Briand is coming to sign before making sure it’s actually done.

Then they declare that he won’t sign but a replacement will be announced soon. And now they’re preparing us for no signing.

Never seen such incompetence.

Don't blame the messenger. In this case, the press release was vetted by someone. I don't blame the comms people. I blame management.

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
We were told during off season that it's difficult to convince good players from europe when they're in the middle of their season. We were told to wait for the summer.

Summer mercato closes in 6 days and there's no sign of any signature whatsoever.
That's surely how you establish a solid long term relationship with your supporters, makes them wanna cheer for you even when you're absolute garbage. :sarcasm:

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
IMFC should bring back the FC Montreal for the Canadian Premier league

I would be fully on board with this. Everything points to Ottawa Fury FC leaving USL and joining CanPL. For all we know, IMFC may still continue a partnership with them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad