Rumor: If the Coyotes Relocate, Will You Remain a Fan?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

If the Coyotes Relocate, Will You Remain a Fan?

• Yes

Votes: 52 33.3%
  • No

Votes: 58 37.2%
  • Maybe/Undecided

Votes: 46 29.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Llewzaher

Aug 2, 2005
North America
they said Smith wants to meet the team before they all disperse ( if you believe Friedman)

They also said he can sell you something that you don’t need or want , and wants to pitch Salt Lake to the guys.

“ you will be taken care of etc..”

If he does that and concvinces the players to play there and BA is allowed to keep the staff and front office, I will for sure cheer for them ..

I am sure I will anyways

However if AZ gets a team and some of the players go back I will follow them

HowlofRevel

Mar 21, 2014
Phoenix
I might maintain a interest on a few players (Keller, Cooley, Doan, etc), but I won't follow the team heavily. I actually would probably be more interested in those players if they were moved to another team. And in general, I don't see myself religiously following the NHL like I do now.

I don't post much. But I have been reading Forum 40 for more than 10 years. I just want to say I really appreciate everyone here. I wish you all the best and thank everyone for all the insights and fun over the years.

Last edited:

Nowotny

Dec 29, 2021
East Valley,AZ
For me that is easy NO.I won't give a damn about this sorry ass organization.I grew up being a Sparta Prague fan,then I followed Sharks since they were expansion team.I lived in Carolina when they won Stanley Cup and that was awesome.Since I moved to Arizona 17 years ago I was supporting Coyotes.That was by far most frustrated experience.I feel really bad for great Coyotes fans.I learned a lot about hockey from some knowledgeable people on this forum for which I am very grateful.

Llewzaher

Aug 2, 2005
North America
There are a lot of good prospects to follow…

Dumb question is forum 40 just the HF boards? Why is it called that?

I should know this but never bothered to ask before

Dead Coyote

Oct 10, 2017
It would've been much less painful losing the team any other time in the past 20 years. The team is looking more promising than ever right now.
100% this.

I can guarantee you that if this was all AM's idea, I won't be supporting the Coyotes (if they come back) or any franchise he has his hands in at any time.

If the NHL decided they didn't want to spend another year in Mullett despite agreeing to a 3+1 deal and approving it and saying this entire year that they fully believe in AM and his desire to keep the team in Arizona, than they can go f*** themselves and so can SLC.

I love GMBA and Bear and the players. I will still *probably* follow their careers. I'm still in some fantasy leagues, so that'll probably be unavoidable.

But I won't be a fan of SLC or any team Meruelo associates with if all of this shit is true.

Foggy1097

Jan 14, 2014
Arizona
It feels pretty surreal knowing that I’m watching the last couple of Coyotes games for who knows how long. I’ve watched almost every single game or at least large chunks of most of them since 1996. Feels really, really weird. Even though I’ve stopped playing hockey and have purposely detached my identity from the following of any sports team, it still hurts and sucks pretty bad. I’m more upset than I thought I would be and I think it’s mostly because of the circumstances. Such an abrupt about face from a week ago, for starters.

But the biggest thing that stings is that most of us finally felt like we had a capable owner for the first time ever…and more importantly, BA has proven to be all that he was touted to be, and the staff he has built and the prospects and draft capital he has accrued in a few short years is awesome and it feels really shitty to hand that over to another city who gets to see it all come to fruition. Then you get to Doan Jr….the start he’s had and you get to start thinking about the potential career he could have here in AZ and what kind of leader he could have turned into, and for it all to disappear so abruptly is really unfortunate.

The last thing I’ll say is that I probably will keep following the team, because of all that listed above. Rooting for what BA and AT are building together and seeing if they can take the next step…rooting for Doan, Kells, Cooley and Guenther and the young guys that have had great attitudes through it all. Not a whole lot will change for me from a viewing perspective honestly, other than I won’t be able to go to my 1-2 games a year and I won’t have the civic pride aspect of it, but if they go on a playoff run in Utah maybe I’d make a road trip for a game or two who knows. Probably not haha. If young guys decide they want out and the team splinters, BA and AT are gone when their contracts expire etc, then I think that will be it for me. I’ll be pretty much done with NHL viewing other than watching some playoffs and waiting for a team to come back here. Having a couple beers for the Yotes tonight and wishing you all the best!

Mosby

Feb 16, 2012
There is more than just Yeti ... scroll through the media tab and there are moose logos, bear, blizzard, etc.

I'd love to see a powder blue scheme. Nobody else uses that on a regular basis.

Vinny Boombatz

formerly ctwin22
Mar 21, 2008
Chandler, AZ
I had to let it digest for a couple days...feel like I've been kicked in the nuts...but after complete depression...I have to follow them.

We won't have a team, and I really like what BA is building so I'll remain a fan. However, as soon as Phx gets another team, I will have to switch back to them...always have to root for the hometown team.

Tom Polakis

Next expansion
Nov 24, 2008
Tempe, AZ
I'll continue to watch the NHL, including the playoffs, which The Coyotes almost never are in anyway. So my interest in the NHL will be unchanged. I'm a sour grapes type, so I will actively root against them. I could give two shits about how well Cooley, Guenther, Keller, etc. do if they're not playing in the city I've lived in for the past 39 years.

This season I went to a record low number of home games, and likewise with watching them on TV, so perhaps it's time to move on, anyway.

What I have always been bothered by among people in other cities is the notion that hockey can't work here, when it works in Florida, Texas, Nevada, and SoCal. I can handle any of the perfectly valid criticisms about the ineptness of the organization, but logical fallacies that are reinforced by groupthink make me crazy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad