Rumor: If the Coyotes Relocate, Will You Remain a Fan?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

If the Coyotes Relocate, Will You Remain a Fan?

• Yes

Votes: 52 33.3%
  • No

Votes: 58 37.2%
  • Maybe/Undecided

Votes: 46 29.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

btn

Gone Hollywood
Feb 27, 2002
ATL
Visit site
Hey guys

As a former mod on the Thrashers board, just wanted to drop by and share a little with you

First, I am sorry this is happening to you. It’s a sick feeling few can understand and it’s not your fault

Most importantly I want to let you know that this isn’t the end, it’s a new beginning. My life is immeasurably improved without the Thrashers or NHL in my life. This is a poorly run league run by owners that only see you in the potential money they can take from you. It’s full of toxic fans who have been angry at you for decades for no real reason.

Find a new hobby, I’m about to make some homebrew, try to hang on to the friends you made here, and move on

Sooner than you think this forum will be gone, and the Utah fans will take over this one or replace it. Share social media accounts with those you want to stay in touch with now

I still have a few Thrashers shirts I wear from time to time, but even with the NHL greedheads trying to sleaze their way back into Atlanta for a 3rd time…I am done.

Wishing you guys all the best

Prestigeworldwide

Apr 21, 2017
As much as I hate the yotes moving, I think SLC will be a good market with a solid fanbase. I lived there when I was younger(golden eagles hockey) and people really showed up for the Jazz.
They are getting a great pipeline of prospects and future picks. Imagine a turn-key team with all the assets and low payroll.

Im looking foward to the rebranding tbh.
SLC Super Soakers or Seer Stoners would be my picks.

• Haha
Reactions: Kaizen

Llewzaher

Aug 2, 2005
North America
Utah Bandits .. they stole the team
Marauders , Stealers , pillagers, fence

Desperados

Utah Plagues.. some ugly pale puke green and puke brown jersey with a pink highlight ( no don’t)

Utah Pandemics :) Home Wreckers.

Utah Angels or guardians ( some bikers gang type logo)

Reactions: Prarievarg

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
Right now the only one I could even fathom would be Edmonton, and not for the normal jock-riding reasons, but rather 1) their goalie and i have the same name, and 2) the colors are virtually identical to my university alma mater's. (Fun fact, my friend from EDM and his son happened to be at the Florida-LSU game right after Tom Petty died, and hence were the first to see the "I Won't Back Down" tradition between 3rd/4th Quarter...I told them just wear Oiler stuff no one will notice)
Tom Petty died?

And don't cheer for the Oilers. Eww.

j/k Worth watching just because of McDavid.

Lots of fun concept logos here: https://twitter.com/UTYeti/media
What is the thing with Yeti? Makes no sense. Yetis live in the Himalayas.

Reactions: rt

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
With talk the hockey ops side will go with the team, I'll probably watch, barring some kinda of bizarre Meruelo-esque behavior from Smith.

Just hope they nail the rollout including the jerseys and branding. It needs to be strong out the gate.

Snarky Coyote

May 3, 2009
Now with more snark
I have no idea; I think it will depend a lot on the players that are kept and how bad the reveal on our current owners is after the sale. Or maybe it just fades away. Life goes on after loss, and I am sure this, too, will pass.

RABBIT

AKA Turd Ferguson
I wanted to leave this site but I have to see what the Utah brand looks like. I just don’t think I’m able to give up hockey as much as I want to.

If the brand sucks and they fire off BA/Tourigny and trade a shit ton of players I’m taking a break from fandom.

If they don’t, I may give them a shot.

If I give them a shot and a team actually comes back to AZ I have no f***ing clue what I’ll do

MIGs Dog

Jan 3, 2012
I've changed my mind now... it's a firm yes. I will follow this team to Utah in earnest. There's a decent chance that my interest fades over time, but I'm too attached to what BA is doing with this team and too emotionally attached to many of the players to break my fandom.

Hopefully the new owner doesn't want a clean slate.

Reactions: Summer Rose

Arizonatah Coyetis

Formerly Kai Yo T
Nov 27, 2006
Scottsdale, AZ
I wanted to leave this site but I have to see what the Utah brand looks like. I just don’t think I’m able to give up hockey as much as I want to.

Same here. I think I may be kidding myself by thinking there was a chance I'm not going to follow the team. I'm too thrilled with what BA and staff have done and excited to see it continue to grow and how far it gets. But like I said previously, it still depends a bit on who stays and who they lose.

I'm trying to tell myself that I'm not losing my team, Arizona is.

MIGs Dog

Jan 3, 2012
The new owner can save money and call them the Utah Kachinas. Just change the shoulder patch and call it done.

Here's the new jersey:

1713027927951.png

Reactions: VaCaps Fan

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC

If the brand sucks and they fire off BA/Tourigny and trade a shit ton of players I’m taking a break from fandom.

If they don’t, I may give them a shot.

If I give them a shot and a team actually comes back to AZ I have no f***ing clue what I’ll do
Do what I do. Follow both. For me, Jets 1.0 and 2.0. I am vested in 1.0 and cheered when 2.0 came.

Reactions: VaCaps Fan

Bondurant

Jul 4, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona
The guy we're all mad at (AM) won't be there. I like the players, coaches, GM, equipment manager, etc. Why not still follow them?
The league drew the line in the sand with Glendale. The league agreed to Mullet. Now the league is like "Sorry not sorry". I would feel exploited by the league which is a greater issue than Meruelo. At least in my eyes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad