Rumor: If the Coyotes Relocate, Will You Remain a Fan?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

If the Coyotes Relocate, Will You Remain a Fan?

• Yes

Votes: 52 33.3%
  • No

Votes: 58 37.2%
  • Maybe/Undecided

Votes: 46 29.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Arizonatah Coyetis

Formerly Kai Yo T
Nov 27, 2006
Scottsdale, AZ
Surprised by the number of "yes" votes. I would not be so kind to the team nor the league in the same situation.

All they're getting out of me is TV ratings. Wait, I watch a pirated online stream to watch my hockey... never mind!

I won't even buy a T-shirt or a jersey because that's a good way to get beat if you live in Arizona, and I won't be buying any tickets.

They get nothing, I get what I want.

Stickin' it to the man!!! :laugh:

samabam

May 3, 2006
Munich
I am pretty agnostic about the location of the team. I picked they yotes because of their kachina design back in 1998 and i've suffered though the FOG rebrand, so I guess I'll remain with the team but can definetly see my interest fade as it did during the chayka years

crazyd74

Jun 24, 2018
Surprised by the number of "yes" votes. I would not be so kind to the team nor the league in the same situation.

I'm not as many of us had followed the Avs when the Nordiques were ripped out of Québec CIty. But it fizzled quickly with them within the Cup immediately thereafter. Quite hard to swallow. Took me a long while before switching to the Habs.

Reactions: Summer Rose

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
I may follow this team as long as they employ Josh Doan. My daughter lives in Utah and since she was already a Coyotes fan, she has no problem with the relocation ("Dad," she told me, "you're being stupid about this. If you hate this team, that's your own problem." I didn't have the heart to tell her I don't hate the TEAM,I hate the STATE... :laugh:).

But with time that interest will die out. I will have no interest in their prospects or drafts.

rt

Clean Hits on Substack
A lot of people start at yes on these things then fade away over time.
It’s easy enough to watch every game of an out of town team. If we have their minor league affiliate in Tempe, it’s that much easier to remain invested.

I’m not going to give these creeps that much more power and control over what I choose to do. They already took the Coyotes away. I’m supposed to allow spite to just ruin hockey for me altogether? No chance.

Took one on the chin. Get back up.

Nowotny

Dec 29, 2021
East Valley,AZ
Hey guys

As a former mod on the Thrashers board, just wanted to drop by and share a little with you

First, I am sorry this is happening to you. It’s a sick feeling few can understand and it’s not your fault

Most importantly I want to let you know that this isn’t the end, it’s a new beginning. My life is immeasurably improved without the Thrashers or NHL in my life. This is a poorly run league run by owners that only see you in the potential money they can take from you. It’s full of toxic fans who have been angry at you for decades for no real reason.

Find a new hobby, I’m about to make some homebrew, try to hang on to the friends you made here, and move on

Sooner than you think this forum will be gone, and the Utah fans will take over this one or replace it. Share social media accounts with those you want to stay in touch with now

I still have a few Thrashers shirts I wear from time to time, but even with the NHL greedheads trying to sleaze their way back into Atlanta for a 3rd time…I am done.

Wishing you guys all the best
Excellent post.I will take a vacation from hockey.I have lots of books to read.English Premier League (and coming EURO) and Diamondbacks should fill the void.

Last edited:

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
Got home from 3 weeks overseas to find this shit. I also got a package from the Coyotes ,An Arizona Coyotes Season ticket Holder license plate frame and two STH pins.

There are no words.
I'm sitting here thinking of what to do about my license plate. I just got the new black kachina plate but now I want to take it off the car and put it in my office so I don't send another dime to Meruelo. Sigh.

Coyotedroppings

Jul 16, 2017
Of course!

Well at least until… (if) I can convince the wife to leave her beloved desert for a real NHL city.

Why wouldn’t I? 18 years of financial and emotional investment and they’ll still be close enough to my home team… sorta.

rt

Clean Hits on Substack
I'm sitting here thinking of what to do about my license plate. I just got the new black kachina plate but now I want to take it off the car and put it in my office so I don't send another dime to Meruelo. Sigh.
I never got around to getting one. I hope it’s not too late. I have the red howling head. My wife has the black Kachina. I want a black Kachina one!!!

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
Of course!

Well at least until… (if) I can convince the wife to leave her beloved desert for a real NHL city.

Why wouldn’t I? 18 years of financial and emotional investment and they’ll still be close enough to my home team… sorta.
It’s only 686 miles away, after all. I’m just plain unhappy. It has cost me some sleep. I want to follow the team but I can’t help but take this personally. Maybe I have abandonment issues:confused:

Summer Rose

Red Like Roses
Sponsor
May 3, 2012
Gainesville, Florida
I'm changing my username on the Utah forum. Sort of like the witness protection program.:cool:

I'm tempted to change mine too, but I don't have any ideas other than going back to my original username (when I first registered) of Tricia McMillan. I'm also well-known on the main boards as Summer Rose so maybe I'll wait until after the playoffs to do it.

Coyotedroppings

Jul 16, 2017
It’s only 686 miles away, after all. I’m just plain unhappy. It has cost me some sleep. I want to follow the team but I can’t help but take this personally. Maybe I have abandonment issues:confused:
LOL, I doubt it, most likely it will just take some time…. Greatest game in the world, played at the highest level.

What will be harder (for me) would be rooting for an asshat owned team, should that ever happen. I will though, if I don’t convince the wife to move to a real NHL city in the interim.

Reactions: VaCaps Fan

samandbigboy

Feb 20, 2019
D.C.
I am an hold over from the Winnipeg days, I still followed the team when they moved to AZ, now looking at another move, not sure how losing a "franchise" twice is even possible, this f!@#ing franchise is cursed.

I live in DC, so the only times that I get to watch them live is when they play the Caps (and I root for the 'Yotes). I suspect I will still follow the team when they move to SLC since i am familiar with the players, and with the Doan connection, it makes it easier. I do think SLC fans are lucky as this franchise is finally on the up-swing (after decades of suckage) .

SLC/Yotes --> Caps (which is bound to be bad for the foreseeable future) ---> Jets

MIGs Dog

Jan 3, 2012
Don't know his age, but Stan Wilson has been an equipment manager for 44 yrs with various organizations. I wonder if he retires or makes another move.

Reactions: VaCaps Fan

Coyotedroppings

Jul 16, 2017
Don't know his age, but Stan Wilson has been an equipment manager for 44 yrs with various organizations. I wonder if he retires or makes another move.
He told me before the start of last season, that he was looking to retire soon, so I doubt it. I’ll reach out to him post season, but won’t ask that, just remind him how much he’s loved.

TheLegend

Hardly Deactivated
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
Kings fan here in peace. You guys are some of the most rabid(pun half intended) fans in hockey.
You guys deserved better owners over the years. They were all shit.

I am regularly in Arizona and I can confidently say that when someone saw my hat that I have more educated hockey discussions with Coyotes fans than I do the fans of the other two CA teams. And I mean far more educated.

I will also always be a fan of the late 90's teams with Tkachuk, Roenick, Teppo, Drake, Doan, Carney, etc

Sorry the NHL f***ed you guys repeatedly. I know we are a rival, but you guys are all welcome at the Kings board. Just watch out for Axl and Surf Nutz.

I followed the Kings way back before Gretzky arrived. Still have a black and silver Starter jacket hanging up in my closet.

Got interested in the Coyotes when the they arrived in Phoenix and locked in after moving here from San Diego (where I went to Gulls games a lot)

But mostly for me it’s about the players than the teams themselves. Hockey players are just the most approachable athletes on the planet.

Lt Dan

F*** your ice cream!
Sep 13, 2018
Bayou La Batre
youtu.be
I followed the Kings way back before Gretzky arrived. Still have a black and silver Starter jacket hanging up in my closet.

Got interested in the Coyotes when the they arrived in Phoenix and locked in after moving here from San Diego (where I went to Gulls games a lot)

But mostly for me it’s about the players than the teams themselves. Hockey players are just the most approachable athletes on the planet.
So you are a legend in more than just a screenname

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad