Rumor: If the Coyotes Relocate, Will You Remain a Fan?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

If the Coyotes Relocate, Will You Remain a Fan?

• Yes

Votes: 52 33.3%
  • No

Votes: 58 37.2%
  • Maybe/Undecided

Votes: 46 29.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Prarievarg

On the hype lokomotiv
Oct 27, 2016
Stockholm / Linköping
I've given it some more thought, and I do want to continue following this team and the hockey staff. However, it's going to be tough without the Coyotes brand, F40, and the PHNX podcast. Joining a Utah Whatever HF board won't be an option for me. I really hope F40 can live on in some form, whether on Discord or here, to maintain my interest.

Mosby

Feb 16, 2012
Supposedly UtahYeti.com wasn’t registered yesterday and it is today. Could just be a domain squatter though.

Reactions: MIGs Dog

brentashton

Jan 21, 2018
Red Wing fan first, then Oilers because I still live and worked (now retired)in Western Canada. But I have also lived in AZ for 6months a year (winters) each of the last 7 years (up in Anthem, I actually just arrived back home yesterday after driving home Thursday and Friday)) and became an AZ follower and fan when Shane Doan was drafted by Wpg and because I also knew Bernie and Berniece Doan and the Circle Square Ranch from my work career back in Alberta. Knowing what you all know of Shane it shouldn’t surprise you to know that they are just beautiful people.

I will cheer for Josh Doan as long as he is with the franchise and it’s in SLC, I will be a SLC supporter. If Josh were to be traded at some point I’m not sure I’d have much connection remaining to keep cheering for them.

SLC to me is just 90 miles of I-15 freeway, south to north (when I drive home) and not much else.

To all AZ year round residents and Coyote hockey fans, and especially employees of the team, I feel sorry for your loss, but if you can, put you passion for the game into SLC or any other team that excites you and keep the fire for hockey burning.

Cheers to all AZ Yote Fans.

PS - gonna miss Mullet. Went to 3 games this winter, it’s a crazy place to see NHL hockey. We knew it wasn’t long term, but I’m glad that I got to see 6 NHL (and one Can/USA womens team game) the past 2 seasons.

PanniniClaus

Oct 12, 2006
My son is 19 and has been a Yotes fan since he was 5. He has so many different jerseys, my heads spins.

Bettman will want to get back to Arizona as quickly as possible so I assume you will have your team back within a few short years.

Llewzaher

Aug 2, 2005
North America
I'm tempted to change mine too, but I don't have any ideas other than going back to my original username (when I first registered) of Tricia McMillan. I'm also well-known on the main boards as Summer Rose so maybe I'll wait until after the playoffs to do it.
I may change my profile pic.. I have the creepy Mike Barnett pick .. so will have to download photo shop or use some AI pic generator for a new one

Supposedly UtahYeti.com wasn’t registered yesterday and it is today. Could just be a domain squatter though.
I hope they don’t name them that, but there seems to be a following for that name..

Not sure the history of that name

Reactions: Summer Rose

Kaizen

Sep 30, 2004
Prince George B.C.
Probably a few possibilities registered whether its the team or the squatters.

I may change my profile pic.. I have the creepy Mike Barnett pick .. so will have to download photo shop or use some AI pic generator for a new one.
Yes please - I don't care much for the creepy Mike Barnet pic.

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
Yes please - I don't care much for the creepy Mike Barnet pic.

I dunno it reminds me of a simpler time around here before everyone went from pretty jaded to nitro jaded in like 2019.

Where's WJF to troll after a loss?
Where are the rage arguments about Dino Dave never getting fired.
Where's the silly talk of turning the Coyotes ice dancers into strippers in the south club section :laugh:
Where's PhoPhan as the voice of reason?
Where's the group that rallied around Marc (@RR) after his daughter passed away?
Where are my Grabner face GDTs?
Where is everyone shitting on Todd Walsh?

This is a great place and I'm going to miss it as much as the team. More than the current incarnation of the team.

TheLegend

Hardly Deactivated
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
I may follow this team as long as they employ Josh Doan. My daughter lives in Utah and since she was already a Coyotes fan, she has no problem with the relocation ("Dad," she told me, "you're being stupid about this. If you hate this team, that's your own problem." I didn't have the heart to tell her I don't hate the TEAM,I hate the STATE... :laugh:).

But with time that interest will die out. I will have no interest in their prospects or drafts.
At least you talk to your daughter. Mine’s off in the Caymans with her internet boyfriend and barely hear from her. :D

Reactions: The Feckless Puck

rt

Clean Hits on Substack
I dunno it reminds me of a simpler time around here before everyone went from pretty jaded to nitro jaded in like 2019.

Where's WJF to troll after a loss?
Where are the rage arguments about Dino Dave never getting fired.
Where's the silly talk of turning the Coyotes ice dancers into strippers in the south club section :laugh:
Where's PhoPhan as the voice of reason?
Where's the group that rallied around Marc (@RR) after his daughter passed away?
Where are my Grabner face GDTs?
Where is everyone shitting on Todd Walsh?

This is a great place and I'm going to miss it as much as the team. More than the current incarnation of the team.
Yakko, ArizonaPride, IpreferPi and Dustin Rose.

Sinurgy

Approaching infinity
Feb 8, 2004
AZ
Yakko, ArizonaPride, IpreferPi and Dustin Rose.
ArizonaPride, now that's a name I haven't heard in a long time. I sincerely hope that kid didn't get caught up with those Jan. 6th f***tards!

gorsk11

Logan Cooley for the win.
Jun 25, 2008
AZ
I will follow the team. I have been a hockey fan for 50 plus years. Grew up a die-hard Blackhawks fan. Moved to AZ 26 years ago. Made the Coyotes my favorite team. Love the game and the players. Easily the best professional athletes around. I am invested in the young players. Will root for them. Would jump back to the AZ hometeam if they exist again. I think it will be difficult to get an nhl team back here.

So many... if onlys...
If only the owners didn't suck. If only the on ice product didnt suck so bad so many years. If only they didn't move to glendale, if only we won a lottery and landed a mcdavid or auston matthews, if only we had a bill Armstrong 7-8 years ago. If only the organization didn't f up the Tempe vote.... it is mind boggling all the shitshow items.

But in the end I am a hockey fan, always will be. I will continue to be invested one team or another.

Summer Rose

Red Like Roses
Sponsor
May 3, 2012
Gainesville, Florida
Paraphrased from someone else's thoughts on the PHNX Discord...

Ryan Smith would do well to extend an olive branch to us and basically say, "Hey, these are your guys, and while you wait for the NHL to come back, we want this to be your team too." That would be a very strong message for him to send. I look forward to following this existing core and management group as long as it exists in Utah. After that, it would be fine if it starts to taper off, and then if/when Arizona does get a team back, by that point, the core and management group are probably gone.

To add my own thought, it would also help a bit if we do end up with the AHL team in Arizona, and they're affiliated with the Utah NHL team.

Llewzaher

Aug 2, 2005
North America
Paraphrased from someone else's thoughts on the PHNX Discord...

Ryan Smith would do well to extend an olive branch to us and basically say, "Hey, these are your guys, and while you wait for the NHL to come back, we want this to be your team too." That would be a very strong message for him to send. I look forward to following this existing core and management group as long as it exists in Utah. After that, it would be fine if it starts to taper off, and then if/when Arizona does get a team back, by that point, the core and management group are probably gone.

To add my own thought, it would also help a bit if we do end up with the AHL team in Arizona, and they're affiliated with the Utah NHL team.
I agree with this .

I doubt this would happen.. and I doubt the PHNX group would do this , but it would be awesome if he would hire Craig Leah and Pete to cover the Yotes from afar and continue what they have doing..

Mangosteen

Ground hog day no more
Apr 9, 2018
I am kinda excited about this now. I remember when the Jets were in my mind on the cusp of greatness and moved to AZ. Lots of anger but that brought me to a great city I never been to and a great bunch of fans too. I loved going to arenas wearing my Jersey and always seeing about 10 others. Not many fans but dam we were loyal.

Now we get to do it again. Never been to SLC but looking forward to the road trips. I am really looking forward to seeing what is built going forward. We have some talent in the System and on the ice. I believe we will have the ability to attract UFAs quickly and use some draft capital to trade for some great young players. Come this September this team will look incredible. Probably even have a solid defense. I hope BA and the bear move with the team. Give them a chance to build what they started. Sucks not being in Arizona but it will be incredible following this team for the next 3 years!

Reactions: Puckrobber

Llewzaher

Aug 2, 2005
North America
That would go a long way in helping me stay somewhat invested in the team. But yes, doubt it.
Same …..

their podcast would quickly grow with Utah fan base.. They would still be covering and interviewing the players they know, and would have coverage of the Tempe Roadrunners.. or what ever they call them.

Reactions: Prarievarg

Jormungandr

Aug 14, 2002
Ohio
I have been a fan of this team since the moment it was announced we were getting the Jets. I was a Blackhawks fan before hand. Jeremy Roenick and Ed Belfour in particular. So you can imagine the excitement I had when it was announced we traded for JR. I was originally salty that he wasn’t going to wear his #27 but the Repo Man quickly put that to rest.

Yes, I will follow this team to SLC. Not even a question about it. And not just the current cast of roster players and prospects. I’m still excited for the draft, and future drafts. I’m excited about the possibility of trades to help usher the young guys we already have in place. I still want to watch Daniil But bull his way to the front of the net and score some goals. It does suck that it won’t happen in Phoenix, but I can’t help it. I’m too attached to this team. I don’t live in Phoenix anymore so that makes things a little easier on me I guess.

The thing that does worry me. I wonder how Bill Armstrong feels considering Ryan Smith is more than likely going to tell him to trade some of his draft capital and huge stock of prospects to win now. Sign some free agents better than Matt Dumba and Jason Zucker. Basically abandon all the work he has put in rebuilding this thing properly.

One other thing. I keep reading people saying to pursue other hobbies to get through losing the team. That makes no sense to me. Hockey has been my passion for as long as I can remember. I love watching the NHL and won’t stop just because the Coyotes don’t exist anymore. It sucks, yeah, but there’s still a ton of great hockey to watch. I also watch a lot of NCAA hockey. That DU vs BC game last night was something else. The Matt Davis save on Ryan Leonard? Amazing. Had me on the edge of my seat.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad