Rumor: If the Coyotes Relocate, Will You Remain a Fan?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

If the Coyotes Relocate, Will You Remain a Fan?

• Yes

Votes: 52 33.3%
  • No

Votes: 58 37.2%
  • Maybe/Undecided

Votes: 46 29.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Llewzaher

Aug 2, 2005
North America
If it’s Yetis then yeah, powder blue/navy/white/grey is what I’d like to see. Could look awesome if they nail the logo and don’t make it corny looking. If it’s Venom then a copper burnt orange kind of color with tan and black would look good. Could even bring in a touch of maroon or dark green with it too…
It really opens the door to unlimited possibilities

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
Utah Phoenix.......rising from the ashes.

On a serious note if Bill doesn't use draft capital In big way to imprive defence at minimum the team is really risking getting off to very bad start in SLC. Despite a few nice wins lately this is a poorly built team that can only win when the other team doesn't play their best. You won't create a fanbase like that.

Canis Latrans

Jan 19, 2015
Australia

On a serious note if Bill doesn't use draft capital In big way to imprive defence at minimum the team is really risking getting off to very bad start in SLC. Despite a few nice wins lately this is a poorly built team that can only win when the other team doesn't play their best. You won't create a fanbase like that.
I don't think it matters in season 1. They're almost assured to play better than this year just by following course. There isn't really an expectation beyond really playing competitive games and pushing for the playoffs at best.

You get the novelty effect to market off for the first seasons regardless of play. After 1 or 2 they need to segue into competitiveness, but that's how the team is being built already, so that plan is probably already in place.

Reactions: Arizonatah Coyetis

Canis Latrans

Jan 19, 2015
Australia
Also, I'd prefer an apian theme with a honeycomb motif for the trim/piping where the Coyotes have the Navajo pattern going on now. That pattern also sometimes reminds me of Space Invaders.

Reactions: Summer Rose

Arizonatah Coyetis

Formerly Kai Yo T
Nov 27, 2006
Scottsdale, AZ
I don't think it matters in season 1. They're almost assured to play better than this year just by following course. There isn't really an expectation beyond really playing competitive games and pushing for the playoffs at best.

You get the novelty effect to market off for the first seasons regardless of play. After 1 or 2 they need to segue into competitiveness, but that's how the team is being built already, so that plan is probably already in place.

I agree. It's what they do in the few years after year one that will matter most.

Edit: And it seems like BA has years of excitement in the pipeline built up for this team.

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012

If new fans turn up to a sub standard product the interest in seeing years 2, 3, etc will be less. It's why the NHL really changed the entry draft to give teams a better team off the hop.

PainForShane

formerly surfshop
Dec 24, 2019

If new fans turn up to a sub standard product the interest in seeing years 2, 3, etc will be less. It's why the NHL really changed the entry draft to give teams a better team off the hop.

"Utah Phoenix"
"Poorly built team"
"sub standard product"

Why are you still trolling in these boards? It's an honest question

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
"Utah Phoenix"
"Poorly built team"
"sub standard product"

Not trolling anything. Bill had a long term plan in AZ in a small arena. That plan should change based on larger Arena and new fanbase. You can look back at my correct posts of the past months whenever you wish to but look back and tell me where I was incorrect at your own peril. A team with almost no NHL d men is highly unlikely to compete and compete they must in new home.

Taking a page out of your book, why are you more worried about questioning the messenger than disproving the message?
"Utah Phoenix"
"Poorly built team"
"sub standard product"

Jormungandr

Aug 14, 2002
Ohio
Color scheme, I hope we avoid red and dark blue. More than half the league is those colors.

Not black because it looks horrible on TV (dark kachina).

I thought maybe purple but unlikely with Avs right next door.

Still leaning toward powder blue. No one else uses it on a regular basis.
I want copper. Hell, we should pretty much steal the Arizona Rattlers identity. I’d love to see some copper helmets, fighting Irish style. (I know those are gold)

Mosby

Feb 16, 2012

Cool site with a bunch of different templates to build a jersey kit.

Here is what I came up with. I'd love to make the lines at the bottom be shaped like mountains, and also find a way to work in text of YETI on the home jersey and UTAH on the away jersey. Dunno what the shoulder patch should be.

download.jpg

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
I think part of the thinking with Utah is it just represents the whole state.

This is very Everett Silvertips

I think Grizzlies is okay but it feels like a knock off version of the Bruins. Also need to get the name from the ECHL team first.
My uncle scouted for oil companies and he joked they filmed the moon landing there.

He had rule traveling in rural sections: if his car got to half a tank he'd turn around, because he knew he had enough gas to get back to the last place he was, but who knew if there was anything in front of him.

MayDayMayDay

But what is grief, if not love persevering?
Feb 22, 2012
Peoria, AZ
I'm reserving the right to fully declare my allegiances until after June 27. But after a few days to grieve and sort my thoughts, here's where I am.

If AM succeeds in showing up and actually winning the auction (I have serious doubts that he will), I'll spend the next 3-5 seasons cheering for the Sabres just like when I was a little kid in Buffalo. Then come 2027 or whenever expansion comes, I'm -all the f*** in- for Phoenix Coyotes 2.0/Firebirds (yes please, would love this name)/Roadrunners. Same goes for Phoenix expansion should it ever come via the Ishbia or another owner route.

If he fails, I'll be a Sabres fan first (just as mentioned above) and a bittersweet satellite Utah fan second. I really loved the Cooley/Guenther/Doan core here, and if that's all we ever get left, I'll be rooting for them to succeed.

Kaizen

Sep 30, 2004
Prince George B.C.
My uncle scouted for oil companies and he joked they filmed the moon landing there.

He had rule traveling in rural sections: if his car got to half a tank he'd turn around, because he knew he had enough gas to get back to the last place he was, but who knew if there was anything in front of him.
He would get along with PHNX Petey.:cool:

• Haha
Reactions: Prarievarg

Mosby

Feb 16, 2012
Maybe something like this for the shoulder

travel-utah-destination-retro-round-icon-travel-utah-destination-retro-round-icon-emblem-sticker-badge-cartoon-flat-style-101088888.jpg

Mosby

Feb 16, 2012
There is zero chance Jeremy Jacobs and the Boston Bruins allow for a bear logo.

I do wonder if there would be a challenge to the Yeti name because the coffee mug company likely has some sort of trademark.

Cool thing the Jazz do that I hope the hockey team copies:

For each win, the team covers the cost of a university scholarship for a local student. So if they win 40 games in a season, the team pays for 40 students' university tuition.

rt

Clean Hits on Substack
There is zero chance Jeremy Jacobs and the Boston Bruins allow for a bear logo.
Do the bruins even use a bear logo anymore? When was the last time they did?
I do wonder if there would be a challenge to the Yeti name because the coffee mug company likely has some sort of trademark.
I hope so. Lol. :)

Reactions: Summer Rose
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad