Rumor: If the Coyotes Relocate, Will You Remain a Fan?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

If the Coyotes Relocate, Will You Remain a Fan?

• Yes

Votes: 52 33.3%
  • No

Votes: 58 37.2%
  • Maybe/Undecided

Votes: 46 29.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Foggy1097

Jan 14, 2014
Arizona
IMG_2496.png

Wouldn’t do it exactly like that but that’s as close as I could get haha…a little too ANA-esque, but something close to that would be cool…more copper than orange, and more dark green than teal.

Reactions: MIGs Dog

Foggy1097

Jan 14, 2014
Arizona
I like Stag, logo could be cool. It’s just not as marketable. With the Yeti you have to admit a few things. It’s original, no pro sports team has it so there’s no issue with naming rights. Utah Yetis rolls off the tongue quite nicely. They are mountain creatures so whether they’re mythical or native to Utah or not doesn’t really matter. If the logo is done well and not in a corny cartoonish way, it could look awesome and the opportunity for marketability and merch sales is great with than name.

rt

Clean Hits on Substack
It would be perfect I’d the Vegas Knights hadnt added a stupid, extraneous “golden” to their name for absolutely no reason other than to needlessly degrade the brand.

But given Vegas did that stupid thing, I can’t imagine we’d add Golden Eagles to Golden Knights.

The Utah state animal is the elk. Here's the team logo, borrowed from a local Elks Lodge.

View attachment 851887
I mean. Elks would be perfect then. Except it doesn’t strike me as a very strong brand. Utah Elks just feels a little lackluster. It’s a super cool animal. We just landed on a boring name for the thing.

Foggy1097

Jan 14, 2014
Arizona
It would be perfect I’d the Vegas Knights hadnt added a stupid, extraneous “golden” to their name for absolutely no reason other than to needlessly degrade the brand.

But given Vegas did that stupid thing, I can’t imagine we’d add Golden Eagles to Golden Knights.

I mean. Elks would be perfect then. Except it doesn’t strike me as a very strong brand. Utah Elks just feels a little lackluster. It’s a super cool animal. We just landed on a boring name for the thing.
Probably true. It doesn’t matter, Venom and Yeti are undeniably the best two potential names I’ve heard when it comes to the total package of sound and marketability

rt

Clean Hits on Substack
Probably true. It doesn’t matter, Venom and Yeti are undeniably the best two potential names I’ve heard when it comes to the total package of sound and marketability
I dislike both. Vipers I like. Venom I don’t. I also like Yeti much less than Yetis. Which I already don’t like. Team names should be plural. I hate it when they’re not.

Foggy1097

Jan 14, 2014
Arizona
I dislike both. Vipers I like. Venom I don’t. I also like Yeti much less than Yetis. Which I already don’t like. Team names should be plural. I hate it when they’re not.
Yeah I’m with you, I think it would end up being Yetis if they chose that. Vipers is ok too…I like Venom better though personally. Monuments is ok, but too boring…Stags, Pioneers, all these other ones are too generic and boring. Don’t think any of those happen.

Reactions: Summer Rose

Foggy1097

Jan 14, 2014
Arizona
Generic. Boring. They’re gonna go with something fresh and original with high marketability, especially to younger people. Thats why you’ve seen these newer type names ala Kraken and Golden Knights…they’re original and marketable

Too bad they’re not doing Salt Lake because the Salt Lake Scorpions would be cool

rt

Clean Hits on Substack
Maybe I’m biased because of the NCAA tournament but Pioneers is growing on me. Utah Pioneers. You don’t have to use a dumb bearded guy in a coon skin cap. You can use mountains and pine trees. A horse. And Ox. Whatever you want.

Generic. Boring. They’re gonna go with something fresh and original with high marketability, especially to younger people. Thats why you’ve seen these newer type names ala Kraken and Golden Knights…they’re original and marketable

Too bad they’re not doing Salt Lake because the Salt Lake Scorpions would be cool
Kraken and Golden Knights are both such stupid names.

Kraken crushed the brand. They look amazing. But it’s one of the dumbest names in pro sports.

But yeah. Gulls kinda sucks. It literally sounds like “Dull”. Haha. So I agree.

Vinny Boombatz

formerly ctwin22
Mar 21, 2008
Chandler, AZ
I like Stag, logo could be cool. It’s just not as marketable. With the Yeti you have to admit a few things. It’s original, no pro sports team has it so there’s no issue with naming rights. Utah Yetis rolls off the tongue quite nicely. They are mountain creatures so whether they’re mythical or native to Utah or not doesn’t really matter. If the logo is done well and not in a corny cartoonish way, it could look awesome and the opportunity for marketability and merch sales is great with than name.
Well, also

Let's Go Yeti - actually works

Foggy1097

Jan 14, 2014
Arizona
Maybe I’m biased because of the NCAA tournament but Pioneers is growing on me. Utah Pioneers. You don’t have to use a dumb bearded guy in a coon skin cap. You can use mountains and pine trees. A horse. And Ox. Whatever you want.

Kraken and Golden Knights are both such stupid names.
Haha I don’t disagree, I’m just saying this is a trend. I don’t think there are going to be many young Utah hipsters that want to go buy Pioneers gear…just isn’t gonna happen haha. Has to have some shine to it. We’ll probably find out by draft time so that’s cool, if I had to pick my top 5 that I think it will be between for Smith I would guess Yetis, Venom, Sting, Swarm, Stags

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad