Rumor: If the Coyotes Relocate, Will You Remain a Fan?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

If the Coyotes Relocate, Will You Remain a Fan?

• Yes

Votes: 52 33.3%
  • No

Votes: 58 37.2%
  • Maybe/Undecided

Votes: 46 29.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Spirits

Avalanche and Vikings
Jul 12, 2014
Tucson native but Avalanche fan coming to say sorry about the Coyotes guys. Now may not be the time to mention it, but I would love to see you guys come over and become Colorado fans if you are "free agent" fans.

Anyways, really hope AZ gets an expansion team at some point in the near future and good luck all!

Foggy1097

Jan 14, 2014
Arizona
Yeti is Himalayan. And fake. And the name of an extremely popular product already.
How many “Golden Knights” have you seen walking around Vegas haha? Kraken? Fake. Utah Yeti does at least roll off the tongue nicely, and would fit well if we have a bunch of big BA bastards. If they can make a cool kit with purple/gold/grey/white I’m up for it

Reactions: Summer Rose

rt

Clean Hits on Substack
How many “Golden Knights” have you seen walking around Vegas haha? Kraken? Fake. Utah Yeti does at least roll off the tongue nicely, and would fit well if we have a bunch of big BA bastards. If they can make a cool kit with purple/gold/grey/white I’m up for it
It’s childish and cartoony.

Spirits

Avalanche and Vikings
Jul 12, 2014
What I have always been bothered by among people in other cities is the notion that hockey can't work here, when it works in Florida, Texas, Nevada, and SoCal. I can handle any of the perfectly valid criticisms about the ineptness of the organization, but logical fallacies that are reinforced by groupthink make me crazy.
If AZ had a franchise that was competitive it would flourish. They need the Vegas treatment of being handed a f***ing top 5 team from jump street.

rt

Clean Hits on Substack
Stingers reminds me of “getting a stinger.” Like a shooting nerve pain or something haha
Singular names are a mild pet peeve.

Just no 'dippy' color schemes...something good....something that 92 & 11 & 91 would look good on.
Yes! Just make it reflect the big wild ass mountains surrounding that city. It’s an unbelievably striking skyline. Make them reminiscent of that.

BlueSeal

Believe In The Note
Dec 1, 2013
Out West
I will continue to follow them just out of morbid curiosity.

To this day I am surprised that this team simply wasn't returned to Winnipeg instead of left to die in the desert. I feel like because of that and all the events that followed that this franchise is cursed far, far moreso than my Blues were pre-2019.

They don't deserve this, but they have created and established an identity and reputation far more reaching than the Kachina Coyote on the chest. I don't see the Kachina Coyote leaving us just quite yet. That's like an idea gone right and even if that does happen, I feel it won't go right for too long wherever they go.

I just don't see them leaving the desert. Bettman moved them and kept them there and they just refuse to die, at the expense of the NHL's stubborness and embarassment.

I find that hilarious and salute the Yotes, Browncoat-style.

PumpkinvillePuckMan

Nov 15, 2023
I will not cheer for the team. To me, when it comes to being a fan of a local team, it’s a two-way street. I’ll commit to the team if they commit to my city/state. Meruelo decided he wanted $1B, so he gave up my fandom in exchange. That’s the way I look at it.

I don’t plan to have any fierce loyalties to a team going forward. Teams of interest will be the following: Detroit, Buffalo, Toronto, Ottawa, Dallas, Philadelphia, Colorado, Edmonton, and Vancouver.

I plan to follow Chicago as well only because of Connor Bedard, and Anaheim because of Troy Terry and Trevor Zegras (two American world junior heroes).

Summer Rose

Red Like Roses
Sponsor
May 3, 2012
Gainesville, Florida
I will continue to follow them just out of morbid curiosity.

To this day I am surprised that this team simply wasn't returned to Winnipeg instead of left to die in the desert. I feel like because of that and all the events that followed that this franchise is cursed far, far moreso than my Blues were pre-2019.

They don't deserve this, but they have created and established an identity and reputation far more reaching than the Kachina Coyote on the chest. I don't see the Kachina Coyote leaving us just quite yet. That's like an idea gone right and even if that does happen, I feel it won't go right for too long wherever they go.

I just don't see them leaving the desert. Bettman moved them and kept them there and they just refuse to die, at the expense of the NHL's stubborness and embarassment.

I find that hilarious and salute the Yotes, Browncoat-style.

I’ll be in my bunk.

Reactions: BlueSeal

Cowumbus

Mar 1, 2014
Arena District - Columbus
Tucson native but Avalanche fan coming to say sorry about the Coyotes guys. Now may not be the time to mention it, but I would love to see you guys come over and become Colorado fans if you are "free agent" fans.

Anyways, really hope AZ gets an expansion team at some point in the near future and good luck all!
Screw the Avalanche. Come suffer as a CBJ fan and we can cheer for the Utah team to suck (but for Cooley, Keller, Doan, Maccelli to do well)!

This whole thing is BS, and the core the Coyotes have is just about to take off.

I still 100p believe hockey can work in AZ. ASU is a perfect example.

Llewzaher

Aug 2, 2005
North America
You have to wonder how long this has been in the works ..

Friedman said that owners have said that there will be a big spender in free agency , and it was suggested that it was this franchise. But he was told this over a month ago

Also thinking a lot of players keep there homes in AZ, it’s a pretty fast plane ride

justin323032

Oct 12, 2018
I live close to SLC but I won't be following the team. Utah fans are the most insufferable, egotistical, obnoxious fans around. Although I want to follow the young guys for their careers, on principal I can't support anything that would have the Utah fanbase happy. In true Yotes fashion, we'll move, have breakout years and become the wagon we've always wanted them to be. I just won't be joining them.

Lt Dan

F*** your ice cream!
Sep 13, 2018
Bayou La Batre
youtu.be
Kings fan here in peace. You guys are some of the most rabid(pun half intended) fans in hockey.
You guys deserved better owners over the years. They were all shit.

I am regularly in Arizona and I can confidently say that when someone saw my hat that I have more educated hockey discussions with Coyotes fans than I do the fans of the other two CA teams. And I mean far more educated.

I will also always be a fan of the late 90's teams with Tkachuk, Roenick, Teppo, Drake, Doan, Carney, etc

Sorry the NHL f***ed you guys repeatedly. I know we are a rival, but you guys are all welcome at the Kings board. Just watch out for Axl and Surf Nutz.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad