Rumor: If the Coyotes Relocate, Will You Remain a Fan?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

If the Coyotes Relocate, Will You Remain a Fan?

• Yes

Votes: 52 33.3%
  • No

Votes: 58 37.2%
  • Maybe/Undecided

Votes: 46 29.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Alberta Yote

Owns the Yotes
Dec 31, 2004
In your kitchen
I was thinking we should start a Coyotes fan Slack/Discord for non-Utah supporters. The AZ guys and the Canadian guys from on here.

HFB is still around but I think it’s gonna be toxic and I don’t know how welcome we’ll be at the beginning as UT folks start to find the place.
Great idea but I don't know what slack/discord are and I'm too old to learn.

Last edited:

Arizonatah Coyetis

Formerly Kai Yo T
Nov 27, 2006
Scottsdale, AZ
So how many of y'all going to switch allegiances to a good ole Canadian team? :)

Anyone?

Anyone........?

I'm not generalizing that all Canadian NHL fans hated on this team for the last 20 years or anything. Love Canada for many reasons, including (but not limited to :laugh:) taking the bridge or the tunnel from Detroit to Windsor to take advantage of the 19yo drinking age. Not even going to try and say the ones that did continually show they despised our existence didn't have a point. But there was enough of it and it was loud. Too much to make me interested in feeling like I'm in some way joining those that had to be the A-holes.

Not quite sure if you're one of them or not.

Reactions: Summer Rose

Summer Rose

Red Like Roses
Sponsor
May 3, 2012
Gainesville, Florida
I'm not generalizing that all Canadian NHL fans hated on this team for the last 20 years or anything. Love Canada for many reasons, including (but not limited to :laugh:) taking the bridge or the tunnel from Detroit to Windsor to take advantage of the 19yo drinking age. Not even going to try and say the ones that did continually show they despised our existence didn't have a point. But there was enough of it and it was loud. Too much to make me interested in feeling like I'm in some way joining those that had to be the A-holes.

I can vouch for the poster that no ill will was meant by the question.

End on a Hinote

Registered Abuser
Aug 22, 2011
Northern British Columbia
I can vouch for the poster that no ill will was meant by the question.

Thanks man! It was meant as a sincere question with a little wink and nudge knowing the answer was likely no.

Besides I was a big Grizzlies fan until they moved so I know what it's like. And despite only getting 6 years and averaging +14k a game with over priced tickets sale, they still ended up moving.

End on a Hinote

Registered Abuser
Aug 22, 2011
Northern British Columbia

Nope, legit question but worded humorously as I figures the answer was no.

But I get it, and I know we deserve the negative reputation for how many of us talked down towards your team.

Although IMO it was more towards Bettman and his apprehension of giving Winnipeg a team back and putting one in QC/Hamilton rather than personally towards the Yotes.

Yeah, maybe not the time or place to be funny about it, eh?

Fine, but it was related to the topic.

Sinurgy

Approaching infinity
Feb 8, 2004
AZ

rt

Clean Hits on Substack

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
So how many of y'all going to switch allegiances to a good ole Canadian team? :)

Anyone?

Anyone........?
I love Vancouver. One of the most gorgeous cities in North America.

But I think Rick Tocchet is a ridiculous meathead, and Conor Garland is a prick, and thus it would be very hard for me to get on the bandwagon.

I don't mind Edmonton or Calgary much. No real attachment or interest there, though.

Winnipeg... Love the city, hate the franchise, next question... :D

I wouldn't be caught dead as a Leafs fan, Auston Matthews or not.

Montreal... I love the Habs' history, but I didn't speak French and I cheered for Boston once, and that's an automatic ban from La Belle Province.

Ottawa...? Who are they?

Summer Rose

Red Like Roses
Sponsor
May 3, 2012
Gainesville, Florida
I love Vancouver. One of the most gorgeous cities in North America.

But I think Rick Tocchet is a ridiculous meathead, and Conor Garland is a prick, and thus it would be very hard for me to get on the bandwagon.

I don't mind Edmonton or Calgary much. No real attachment or interest there, though.

Winnipeg... Love the city, hate the franchise, next question... :D

I wouldn't be caught dead as a Leafs fan, Auston Matthews or not.

Montreal... I love the Habs' history, but I didn't speak French and I cheered for Boston once, and that's an automatic ban from La Belle Province.

Ottawa...? Who are they?

I'll type out my own responses to this myself, because I'm bored.

Vancouver: would consider it if Rick Tocchet wasn't the head coach.
Edmonton/Calgary: no attachment or interest either.
Winnipeg: same thoughts.
Toronto: absolutely no way, despite Auston Matthews.
Montreal: I like Québec and I speak French, so maybe.
Ottawa: the organist at my church is an Ottawa fan and I like some of their players, so maybe.

DustyDangler

Dec 20, 2023
Although IMO it was more towards Bettman and his apprehension of giving Winnipeg a team back and putting one in QC/Hamilton rather than personally towards the Yotes.
Some times but most of the time it was about criticizing the market, hockey doesn't work in the desert and the fans don't show up kind of crap.

Reactions: Matias Maccete

Dirty Old Man

Still processing...
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2008
Ostrich City

Anyone?
Right now the only one I could even fathom would be Edmonton, and not for the normal jock-riding reasons, but rather 1) their goalie and i have the same name, and 2) the colors are virtually identical to my university alma mater's. (Fun fact, my friend from EDM and his son happened to be at the Florida-LSU game right after Tom Petty died, and hence were the first to see the "I Won't Back Down" tradition between 3rd/4th Quarter...I told them just wear Oiler stuff no one will notice)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad