Rumor: If the Coyotes Relocate, Will You Remain a Fan?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

If the Coyotes Relocate, Will You Remain a Fan?

• Yes

Votes: 52 33.3%
  • No

Votes: 58 37.2%
  • Maybe/Undecided

Votes: 46 29.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Canis Latrans

Jan 19, 2015
Australia
Not trolling anything. Bill had a long term plan in AZ in a small arena. That plan should change based on larger Arena and new fanbase. You can look back at my correct posts of the past months whenever you wish to but look back and tell me where I was incorrect at your own peril. A team with almost no NHL d men is highly unlikely to compete and compete they must in new home.

Taking a page out of your book, why are you more worried about questioning the messenger than disproving the message?
Why would he change the plan because of the arena; it was agnostic to the arena and based solely on stocking up the cupboards with talent until they could make it on their own and then supplement. He might have more luck in attracting free agents in the offseason to fill the holes in the team, but it's not like he needs to trade picks and prospects to do so.

I can't disagree more that it really doesn't matter how they do next season. That fanbase will get a honeymoon period like every other franchise has. It's only when you start to stagnate 2-3 seasons in when attendance correlates more to team performance. With the way this team has been built and is being built, that's a low risk. He'll just pull in free agents by then who will be attracted to a strong core.

Llewzaher

Aug 2, 2005
North America
Maybe some variation of Eagles, but it’s a distant second. No viable alternative for me just makes Yeti that much more appealing.

I was also thinking there are about 10 or so current teams whose nickname has nothing to do with the city. The only penguins in Pittsburgh are at the zoo.

Screaming Eagles
Falcons
Raptors
Talons

Maybe something along the lines of their American Native Heritage

Good point regarding names nothing to do with the city

Utah Mammoth
Salt Lake City buccaneers
Utah Stingray
Utah thundercats
Thunderheads

Llewzaher

Aug 2, 2005
North America
Why would he change the plan because of the arena; it was agnostic to the arena and based solely on stocking up the cupboards with talent until they could make it on their own and then supplement. He might have more luck in attracting free agents in the offseason to fill the holes in the team, but it's not like he needs to trade picks and prospects to do so.

I can't disagree more that it really doesn't matter how they do next season. That fanbase will get a honeymoon period like every other franchise has. It's only when you start to stagnate 2-3 seasons in when attendance correlates more to team performance. With the way this team has been built and is being built, that's a low risk. He'll just pull in free agents by then who will be attracted to a strong core.
The other factor is the Owner will own his rink , make cash from the Entertainment district.. so he could like have 15 fans but make so much cash from the other venues he could keep the team

Which is what AM was trying to do.. use the cash revenues from the hotels and entertainment, residential buildings to pay for the dream of owning a team

Reactions: Canis Latrans

Canis Latrans

Jan 19, 2015
Australia
It would be perfect I’d the Vegas Knights hadnt added a stupid, extraneous “golden” to their name for absolutely no reason other than to needlessly degrade the brand.

But given Vegas did that stupid thing, I can’t imagine we’d add Golden Eagles to Golden Knights.

I mean. Elks would be perfect then. Except it doesn’t strike me as a very strong brand. Utah Elks just feels a little lackluster. It’s a super cool animal. We just landed on a boring name for the thing.
You could not be more correct that Golden is absolute trash. They should have just gone with Las Vegas Knights, colors could have been the same still.

Utah could go with Wapiti instead of Elk, but that's ridiculous. My memory is that North American elk are actually different from European, so some zoos have started referring to them by the native name wapiti. The Milwaukee Bucks are my childhood basketball team so I've always liked it. Fear the deer would be co-opted. They can be made to look fierce and then have a happy Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer effect for the mascot like how Howler is a coyote puppy to entice children.

Mosby

Feb 16, 2012
Supposedly Utah has the greatest collection of dinosaur artifacts. Is there some sort of name that isn’t Raptors (NBA) or too scientific/long?

Reactions: Summer Rose

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012

Arena mattered because Bill couldn't sell more tickets no matter how well team did, he had the luxury of a really slow cook. When you start a new team in an unknown City you start with selling hope or you start with selling the product right now. It's very easy to look at NHL history and see which has been most successful. I'm not suggesting emptying the cupboards but simply using some draft capital to add at least a couple of 2, 3, or 4 D men as the lineup currently has none. If you could add at least one of a 1st pairing D the others suddenly look much better playing where they should in the lineup.

Reactions: Kaizen

Canis Latrans

Jan 19, 2015
Australia
Arena mattered because Bill couldn't sell more tickets no matter how well team did, he had the luxury of a really slow cook. When you start a new team in an unknown City you start with selling hope or you start with selling the product right now. It's very easy to look at NHL history and see which has been most successful. I'm not suggesting emptying the cupboards but simply using some draft capital to add at least a couple of 2, 3, or 4 D men as the lineup currently has none. If you could add at least one of a 1st pairing D the others suddenly look much better playing where they should in the lineup.
I just think irrespective of the actual team coming, they'd sell out the first season immediately as most new teams do now, and there'd be enough demand to really not worry about the second season.

I would think he goes for defense to allow for the new guys to be eased into the line-up so they can take 3rd pairing minutes to start. Unless they can sign some signature piece you don't need the guy to be there that long before our defensive prospects should be solidly in the line-up.

I think it'll be automatic sellouts for at least 2 seasons and he's just set the team up so well that they should be good by the 3rd and not worrying about how long the cooking has taken at that point.

Canis Latrans

Jan 19, 2015
Australia
1713182815538.png1713182844802.png

Manitoba Moose had great jersey and color combination before the Jets came to town and forced them to adopt their color scheme. It looks bad now. Also note the antler effect on the numbers and lettering. You can tell this moose means business. I was hoping the Jets would have just usurped the team name from their AHL squad when they moved from Atlanta.

Reactions: Prarievarg

Mosby

Feb 16, 2012
I like that logo. But I think the name needs more pop than Moose. Don’t like Stag either.

rt

Clean Hits on Substack
Utah Stallions has a nice ring to it. The Stallions were also the AAF team there.
They’ve got wild horses there. I like stallions. I’d prefer Salt Lake Stallions. But id settle for Utah stallions.

Utah Wild Stallions would be most excellent, Bill! Thank you Ted!!!

Mosby

Feb 16, 2012
s-l400.jpg

I didn't realize the Avalanche haven't used this bigfoot shoulder patch logo since 2015. They now use the old Colorado Rockies/state flag C logo in its place.

Makes it a little easier to use Yeti.

I think a fish logo could be interesting but with the state fish being a cutthroat you're kinda locked in, and I don't think that's a good name for a hockey team (skate slashes, etc.).

rt

Clean Hits on Substack

Llewzaher

Aug 2, 2005
North America
BA has always said best to build through the draft… , the size of the arena doesn’t change that.

however with a new owner who wants to spend money ……the team supposedly is rumoured to make a splash through free agency, so maybe they get some D that way..

If not he may have no choice but to grab some using draft capital, and not affect the rebuild. He has an over abundance

If BA is made to go nuts and abandon the rebuild , I won’t be a happy camper.. I will still watch though

In my opinion if you come in now and keep the rebuild going the fans can start growing with the team , as they get better and better. The fans get “ committed “ to the franchise..

If you abandon the rebuild and start winning now in a few years , you need to rebuild or you will just be mediocre and fans will get sick of it

This is just my made up world of thinking , I could be wrong.

Mosby

Feb 16, 2012
That’s football.

Yes, but Smith has talked about establishing a brand and an identity. I think the market for horse logos is taken. Especially with the Broncos being hugely popular and in the neighbouring state too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad