Rumor: If the Coyotes Relocate, Will You Remain a Fan?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

If the Coyotes Relocate, Will You Remain a Fan?

• Yes

Votes: 52 33.3%
  • No

Votes: 58 37.2%
  • Maybe/Undecided

Votes: 46 29.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

rt

Clean Hits on Substack
Actually , I am not into the Stingers either... because that is their mascot .. Stinger

Why is the Blue Jackets mascot a bug?

The star on top of the stick signifies Columbus as the state capital. Shortly thereafter, Stinger was introduced as the mascot, the “Bug with an Attitude.” Stinger is a symbol to characterize the citizens of Columbus known for their hard work and pride for their team. A “bug with an attitude.”
I think it’s because Blue Jackets reminded some graphic designer on edibles of Yellow Jackets and she had a lightbulb moment.

Mosby

Feb 16, 2012
It’s gotta be something that jumps off the page when people see the name or hear the name. If they have to Google a picture of the nickname after seeing or hearing it then it’s a failure.

Reactions: Llewzaher

Llewzaher

Aug 2, 2005
North America
You could do something similar to this , call them the Utah or Salt Lake City Rattlers, and change the arm and bottom stripe to some sort of snake scale design , and make the color more of that copper, black beige color etc..

1713157387477.png

Llewzaher

Aug 2, 2005
North America
There are categories of trophy Elk.

6 point (antlers) by 6 point is called a “Royal”.

A 7x7 is called an “Imperial”.

The most impressive is at least 8x8 and is known as a Monarch Elk.

Utah Monarchs

View attachment 851951
out of all of the ones .I have seen so far . I think this jersey design and color combo ( minus the logo and lettering ) is my favorite ... heck you could still throw a Yeti logo on there .... ( as I am pretty sure thats who they will be )

rt

Clean Hits on Substack
out of all of the ones .I have seen so far . I think this jersey design and color combo ( minus the logo and lettering ) is my favorite ... heck you could still throw a Yeti logo on there .... ( as I am pretty sure thats who they will be )
Turquoise, copper and black with abstract mountain trim is awesome regardless of name and logo.

Reactions: Matias Maccete

rt

Clean Hits on Substack
Yeah, I feel that with the Kraken too.
Same.

Well the name, at least. But the colors and designs and all the creative brand assets they produce are all amazing. Like the big reveal videos they did. All their brand content. It’s really elite stuff. It’s as good as you can possibly do with such a stupid name.

If the Yotes end up the Yeti, I hope I can say they same. You have to be 10/10 on everything about the overall brand to overcome such a stupid name.

I need to be saying, I hate the name but man is the look and feel just incredible. That’s how I felt about the Kraken.

Grimes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2012
Tippet's Doghouse
cleanhits.substack.com
Same.

Well the name, at least. But the colors and designs and all the creative brand assets they produce are all amazing. Like the big reveal videos they did. All their brand content. It’s really elite stuff. It’s as good as you can possibly do with such a stupid name.

If the Yotes end up the Yeti, I hope I can say they same. You have to be 10/10 on everything about the overall brand to overcome such a stupid name.

I need to be saying, I hate the name but man is the look and feel just incredible. That’s how I felt about the Kraken.

Agreed with all of this. It's worked out well for them. But also a big reason I don't want powder blue kits. Seattle is the newest team in the league and have three different shades of blue, maybe four, between their different kits.

Prarievarg

On the hype lokomotiv
Oct 27, 2016
Stockholm / Linköping
Elk/Moose are my favorites, though they don't seem very likely. I'm not a fan of Yeti at all,all the yeti-logotypes I've seen look super corny. Also, Utah Yeti is kind of hard/awkward to say in a Swedish sentence :laugh:

MIGs Dog

Jan 3, 2012
Jan 24 - Smith likes Utah Yetis because it brings together the U and the Y from BYU. Podcast moron still saying "Phoenix Coyotes"

Reactions: Mosby

Mosby

Feb 16, 2012
What are some names you like besides yeti?

Maybe some variation of Eagles, but it’s a distant second. No viable alternative for me just makes Yeti that much more appealing.

I was also thinking there are about 10 or so current teams whose nickname has nothing to do with the city. The only penguins in Pittsburgh are at the zoo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad