Rumor: If the Coyotes Relocate, Will You Remain a Fan?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

If the Coyotes Relocate, Will You Remain a Fan?

• Yes

Votes: 52 33.3%
  • No

Votes: 58 37.2%
  • Maybe/Undecided

Votes: 46 29.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

SopelFanThe3rd

Cock of the Walk
Oct 25, 2020
Your Mother's House.
Many team names grow on you but would sound bad if proposed today.

Suppose Montreal was getting an expansion team. "We will be the 'Montreal Canadians'"

Dumb name. Canada is a country and your just one city, and a good chunk of your roster is not Canadian.
Yeah but it's Canadiens*. Which means French Canadians.

Mosby

Feb 16, 2012
Give me a logo that is just a face. Too much dead space otherwise. Even with the kachina, just the face would have been so much better than the whole coyote body.

Reactions: Foggy1097

Foggy1097

Jan 14, 2014
Arizona
Give me a logo that is just a face. Too much dead space otherwise. Even with the kachina, just the face would have been so much better than the whole coyote body.
That, or a yeti in roar mode snapping a hockey stick in half or something…something that doesn’t look like a weird version of a wookie just starting there with his mouth open

Reactions: Mosby

Mosby

Feb 16, 2012
Also a fan of single word team nicknames, especially if the alternative begins with an adjective like Screaming Eagles or Mighty Ducks. Very minor league-y.

rt

Clean Hits on Substack
Trying to hate Yeti less. It’s the Pixar looking “guy” that really looks ultra minor league to me. Any image of a yeti I hate because it looks childish and cartoony. Especially the scary angry red eyed ones.

Is there a way to stylize that out? Like going with a vaguely but nonspecifically Native American representation of a Yet monster? Sort of like how our Coyote logo doesn’t look like a Coyote. It merely represents one.

I might be able to get behind a yeti logo that isn’t a yeti but calls to mind a yeti.

Reactions: Prarievarg

Mosby

Feb 16, 2012
I don’t know if a bee logo would be able to be better than the Sarnia Sting. It’s a bit simple, but it works. Would hate to have a logo that is inferior to a Junior team.

Attachments

• IMG_6683.png
    IMG_6683.png
    11.3 KB · Views: 3

rt

Clean Hits on Substack
I don’t know if a bee logo would be able to be better than the Sarnia Sting. It’s a bit simple, but it works. Would hate to have a logo that is inferior to a Junior team.
The only cartoony logos I like are the kind that would look right painted on the side of a B-52 in 1944. The Sarnia Sting logo is like that. And the original Roadrunners logo is like that. If it’s a cartoony logo, it better look like it could be tattooed on the forearm of my grandpas old war-buddy named Elmer who still smokes lucky strikes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad