I think Pacific is indeed the toughest division in the league

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
The ducks would be doing better if @ViD didn't jinx them earlier this year... they have been terrible since that thread. :laugh::laugh:

Amen to that. Nah. J/K. :sarcasm:

Ducks lost some key players in Zegras and Drysdale, and also McTavish more recently. Troy Terry has looked awful this year. Ducks are in games most of the time but have found ways to lose, but that is expected from a young team rebuilding with depth issues.

They are still 1-2 years away, imo. Another Top 10 pick in the draft can't hurt.

Reactions: Daz28

jackjohnson

Feb 9, 2021
Vegas
La
Avs
Dallas
Jets
Canucks(if you believe standings)
/oilers(if you believe in underlying numbers)

You can discount Oilers based off 10 games of bad goaltending an injuries. Others look at bigger picture
Oilers are automatic non contenders since they dont have a good goalie. Will see again this year. Am just happy Oilers will stick with Holland longer after their win streak. Hope they stick with Holland for a long time lol

TheOrangeDesk

May 27, 2015
So you’ve listed 1 actual contender, where are the rest?
Gonna be honest. You aren't even worth replying to

Makes a lot of sense that the Jets and Oilers would be considered contenders but not the Bruins, Rangers, Panthers, Leafs. Perfect sense.
You can believe the Bruins and leafs are contenders if you want. For me, I think a team needs a top 6 centre or more than one NHL dman

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
To me its easily the best division. Vegas, LA, and Van all started like a house on fire, and Edmonton is the hottest team in the league over the last few weeks.
Yep best teams at the top, and worst teams in the league at the bottom

Raccoon Jesus

Draft em but don't play em
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
seems like the other way around. hard to argue against the pacific being the best right now when 3 of the top 5 teams in the league are in the pacific.

And for the Kings at least that's while largely not playing divisional games so they can't be accused of stacking up 'easy' points

The only Pacific teams LA has played are Vegas twice and Anaheim once

snag

Feb 22, 2014
How about a #1 goalie, you know what that is?

You know how to sign one for us? Because every one of my personal attempts have failed....

And for the Kings at least that's while largely not playing divisional games so they can't be accused of stacking up 'easy' points

The only Pacific teams LA has played are Vegas twice and Anaheim once

The Kings are a tough team.

Peasy

May 25, 2012
Star Shoppin
Oh I do. That’s how I know this isn’t just a new coach bump.
You guys couldnt stop goin on about how amazing Woodcroft was after his first half season and imagine what a full year with him looks like!

Edmonton will crumble once again when they have to face a legit opponent in the playoffs.

Reactions: Smif

snag

Feb 22, 2014
You guys couldnt stop goin on about how amazing Woodcroft was after his first half season and imagine what a full year with him looks like!

Edmonton will crumble once again when they have to face a legit opponent in the playoffs.

Hopefully for them the Leafs aren't hogging all the tee times by the time they get there.....

Muffin

Avalanche Flavoured
Aug 14, 2009
Edmonton
Oh I do. That’s how I know this isn’t just a new coach bump.
Everytime they've hired a new coach they've gone something around 7-3 in his first 10 games and everytime Oilers fans think he's "the guy". Two years later he's fired.

Mathew Barzal

Walk It Like I Tocchet
Jun 5, 2011
Vancouver, BC
From the eye test thus far as a Canucks fan it’s not so much that the Pacific is very good so much as no team has stepped up and looked like a juggernaut yet. Teams like the Sharks are getting wins because they’re hungrier and battling harder. The Canucks are a good team but we should not be a top 3 in the conference team, at least not in a regular year.

I think with this being the last year of a stagnant cap we’re seeing the implications of good teams having to shed weight and regress to the mean.

If there was ever a year to load up at free agency and go for it it’s this season.

Reactions: snag and Smif

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
The funny thing is Vegas is winning games while not even playing their best. In November, they couldn't buy themselves a goal and lost couple of 1 goal games and even getting shutout 3 times in 5 games.

Now these last 4 games, their offense has been saving their asses while they seem to not be able to keep the puck out of their own net.
The past few weeks have been maddening. Not because I'm heavily invested in first half results for the VGK. I kinda feel numb to all the winning after the highs of the cup win.

But my chicken little of a dad constantly texts me the most negative shit when the Knights face even the most minimal adversity. Transcription of my text conversation last night after Vegas goes down 1-0

Dad: "Are you f***ing serious? Getting f***ed by the Flames? The FLAMES?"

Me: "it's a one goal deficit. Relax"

Dad: "bunch of losers."

Fast forward to after Vegas wins

"yeah baby Stone da man"

Can't wait for Vegas to make the Ottawa game this Sunday close so I can get doom and gloom in person at Tmobile

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
Why move the goal posts with seeding?

Toronto lost to the finals team, Edmonton lost to the finals team

Toronto had to go through a tougher 1st round opponent than Edmonton did. Few teams would rather play Tampa over LA
Lol, instead of taking the L like any honorable poster would, you move the goal posts yourself saying that the Leafs lost to a finals team as well as the Oilers as if Florida and Vegas were equal even though the Oilers lost to the Cup champ that beat the team the Leafs lost to in 5 and did it with relative ease.
In terms of the L.A. vs. Tampa comparison. L.A. had 104 points while Tampa had 98 so.... wrong again.

Just take the L, you were wrong. It happens to all of us but it takes an honorable person to admit when they were wrong, are you going to take that path as any normal human would or are you going to take the dark path of being THAT guy that never admits he's wrong even when he knows he's wrong.

Last edited:

Oilslick941611

Jul 4, 2006
Ottawa
2022 Tampa made the Finals, 2023 Florida made the Finals, Colorado and Vegas won the Cup. You're arguing yourself into a circle as both Toronto and Edmonton lost to the eventual Conference champions.

Toronto has been beating that Edmonton ass pretty nice in the McDavid era. Leafs are 17-4-2 vs the Oilers since McDavid was drafted.
And where has that gotten them?

• Haha
Reactions: 1specter

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad