I think Pacific is indeed the toughest division in the league

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

TheOrangeDesk

May 27, 2015
You guys couldnt stop goin on about how amazing Woodcroft was after his first half season and imagine what a full year with him looks like!

Edmonton will crumble once again when they have to face a legit opponent in the playoffs.
Oilers finished with 109 points under a full season of woodcrodt...

Reactions: bucks_oil

Three On Zero

HF Designated Parking Instructor
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
Gonna be honest. You aren't even worth replying to

You can believe the Bruins and leafs are contenders if you want. For me, I think a team needs a top 6 centre or more than one NHL dman
That go for everyone else telling you the same thing? :laugh:

Lol, instead of taking the L like any honorable poster would, you move the goal posts yourself saying that the Leafs lost to a finals team as well as the Oilers as if Florida and Vegas were equal even though the Oilers lost to the Cup champ that beat the team the Leafs lost to in 5 and did it with relative ease.
In terms of the L.A. vs. Tampa comparison. L.A. had 104 points while Tampa had 98 so.... wrong again.

Just take the L, you were wrong. It happens to all of us but it takes an honorable person to admit when they were wrong, are you going to take that path as any normal human would or are you going to take the dark path of being THAT guy that never admits he's wrong even when he knows he's wrong.
You’re so far off the original post it isn’t even funny, it’s ok if you don’t want to admit you’re wrong though 😉

Smif

Jan 23, 2008
Hamilton
Which LA has, but everyone says they're not contenders because of goaltending, so which is it?
I've seen people list a bunch of West teams but then claim there's only one contender in the east. My claim is that there's likely 10 total and 5 from each conference give or take. That would include LAK imo. Tbh my qualm is mostly with over excited Oilers fans in this thread.

BlueOil

"well-informed"
Apr 28, 2010
all of the pacific teams are struggling with the metro division and the good ones are feasting on the pacific and central, not sure how the pacific is a tough division feasting on itself

1702503741432.png

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017
I agree. It is. Toronto sports media just needs to call it the weakest to cope with the Oilers being better than the Leaf’s.
Why do you watch/listen to Toronto media. You gage the internet?

….are Eastern Conference fans upset that the Western Conference has the better teams now? Weird.
I doubt it, but perhaps a few think they have the better teams.

Kingspiracy

Nov 13, 2006
I've seen people list a bunch of West teams but then claim there's only one contender in the east. My claim is that there's likely 10 total and 5 from each conference give or take. That would include LAK imo. Tbh my qualm is mostly with over excited Oilers fans in this thread.

To be fair to the Oil faithful its understandable why they may consider their team to be contenders.

After an awful start they are back and running hot.
They have two of the best players in the game.
And they have had the wood on us in the playoffs recently.

TheOrangeDesk

May 27, 2015
There's 20 goalies with .910 atm. Sooo...
Here's that list. 16 different teams and are you saying Lindgren, varlamov, quick, woll, montembael are #1 goalies because I don't.
Also if 910 is your cut off then skinner was a #1 last year

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231213_140748_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20231213_140748_Chrome.jpg
    104.9 KB · Views: 5

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017
Unavoidable if your a hockey fans cause TSN and Sportsnet the supposed “national” broadcasters are all just Toronto shills. Everyone in Canada knows this.
Well, I an not in Canada, but I think there are regional networks that are affiliated with those broadcasters.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Well, I an not in Canada, but I think there are regional networks that are affiliated with those broadcasters.
On radio. Which TSN just shut down last summer in Edmonton. Did the same for Calgary and Vancouver the previous years I believe.

TSN and Sportsnet have the rights, you want highlights, news, interviews etc etc it all goes through the Toronto shill filter first. A sad state of affairs of Hockey media in Canada really. All to make the most entitled fanbase feel slightly better about 1967.

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017
On radio. Which TSN just shut down last summer in Edmonton. Did the same for Calgary and Vancouver the previous years I believe.

TSN and Sportsnet have the rights, you want highlights, news, interviews etc etc it all goes through the Toronto shill filter first. A sad state of affairs of Hockey media in Canada really. All to make the most entitled fanbase feel slightly better about 1967.
I doubt that would be a motivation. I think most Leaf fans were delighted with 1967, it was the last time the Leafs won the Cup.

Smif

Jan 23, 2008
Hamilton
Here's that list. 16 different teams and are you saying Lindgren, varlamov, quick, woll, montembael are #1 goalies because I don't.
Also if 910 is your cut off then skinner was a #1 last year
For the guys you just mentioned that are over there's also a bunch that are under .910 that are definitely #1s like Shesterkin, Gibson, Oettinger etc...

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
I doubt that would be a motivation. I think most Leaf fans were delighted with 1967, it was the last time the Leafs won the Cup.

When i say 1967 it means something different than how you’ve chosen to interpret it.

McFlash97

Oct 10, 2017
The fact that there idiots had Calgary-Vegas as the National broadcast over Bedard vs McDavid. Absolutely insane. Toronto seething with jealousy.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
From the eye test thus far as a Canucks fan it’s not so much that the Pacific is very good so much as no team has stepped up and looked like a juggernaut yet. Teams like the Sharks are getting wins because they’re hungrier and battling harder. The Canucks are a good team but we should not be a top 3 in the conference team, at least not in a regular year.

I think with this being the last year of a stagnant cap we’re seeing the implications of good teams having to shed weight and regress to the mean.

If there was ever a year to load up at free agency and go for it it’s this season.
I don't see juggernauts in the other divisions either. So yeah, I totally agree with that last sentence.

I do wonder about the Canucks. They seem like they should be a pretender. However, when you look at how a true contender is built they check a lot of boxes. Elite center. Elite Dman. Elite goalie. Not all contenders can say they have that, and finding whatever missing pieces they need is easier than if you're missing one of those three.

Reactions: CascadiaPuck

TheOrangeDesk

May 27, 2015
For the guys you just mentioned that are over there's also a bunch that are under .910 that are definitely #1s like Shesterkin, Gibson, Oettinger etc...
Gibson lol.
Actually true number 1 goalies imo:
Shesterkin
Sorokin
Hellybuck
Oettinger
Vasalevski
Demko
Ullmark

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad