I think Pacific is indeed the toughest division in the league

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Frank Drebin

He's just a child
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2004
Edmonton
Which would true if that was the statistic I’d used, which it wasn’t, it was a simple number of wins v number of losses.

Ie. Leafs v Pacific won 3 lost 1 - a winning record.

Habs - won 3 lost 6 - a losing record

Lowly Sens - won 2 lost 2 - an equal record.

So the what you have highlighted would be an equal record 1 win, 1 loss, neither team would have a winning record.
Interesting, the easts record vs the Atlantic division with those metrics are:

11 with a winning record
5 with a losing record

Second worst division in hockey?

lawrence

May 19, 2012
L.a seems to the biggest surprise. For me I only looked at our standings twice, since the start of the season, I'm shocked as hell l.A only has 5 losses.

Vancouver was expected to be good as t hey were trending upwards since the last 30 games of last season. Adding Cole, Shouchy, Hronek, and totally revamping our bottom liners improved the team, i'm not saying they are contenders, Edmonton winning 8. I don' know, if its the toughest, since there are also like 3 really weak teams.

Bank Shot

Jan 18, 2006
Canucks have the most regulation time wins in the league. Am sure you will find a way to discredit that too lol. They have the most goals scored in the league. Is that a fluke too? That's with Kuzmenko scoring only 4 goals. You don't want to look at results and real stats like wins or losses or goals or point percentage, that's fine. But they have beat Oilers 3 times in a dominant fashion too this season. They are the better team and their D is way better too, can score and hit. It's ok to be jealous but that's just reality.

How do you think teams with 48% shot share at 5v5 fare in the playoffs?

I'll give you a hint. Not good at all. I know because the Oilers used to be that team. The Canucks currently are there.

Rants Mulliniks

Jun 22, 2008
Heh heh. A couple weeks ago there were more teams below .500 in the Pacific than in the entire rest of the league combined. You wouldn't even think that possible but I remember laughing when I saw it.

StickShift

In a pickle 🥒
Feb 29, 2004
New York
1st round of the playoffs is going to be a meat grinder for the Pacific division. Two of VGK/LAK/VAN will play each other, and the other team has a 50% shot of playing EDM.

Reactions: The Gr8 Dane

Buzzman17

Apr 13, 2017
I agree. It is. Toronto sports media just needs to call it the weakest to cope with the Oilers being better than the Leaf’s.
When did this happen? I’ve had leafs over oilers since leafs beat them three games in a row during Covid years

Miro4Norris

Jan 24, 2021
Lol team holding last wild card spot in West has 28pts in 28 games. East 31points in 25 games.

BertMcDrai

Middle old guy loving sports
Nov 26, 2018
The pacific has the four best teams relatively to the other divisions but also the the four worst...but only three will get directly to the playoffs, so one of them has to go through WC spot...so you can argue it's the hardest playoff wise to come through...but if one team (like Edmonton at the start) is underperforming then you have the best chance to squeeze in as a not so good team.

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
Statistics are your friend.

Eastern teams Vs Pacific teams
12 have a winning record
2 have an even record
2 have a losing record
It's been a really weird season where teams like Colorado and Carolina were expected to be great yet go through blind stretches and teams like San Jose and Chicago look terrible on paper then do okay sometimes.

Really at this point it's hard to say what the post season will look like and how it will go.

Reactions: WhataKnight

TheOrangeDesk

May 27, 2015
Statistics are your friend.

Eastern teams Vs Pacific teams
12 have a winning record
2 have an even record
2 have a losing record
Agreed. Statistics are your friend. Which is why sample size and complete data sets are important in statistics. We are a quarter through the season, looking at east vs west head to head is skewed right now

MNRube

Oct 20, 2013
I’ve ripped on the division as much as anyone in recent years but it’s a bonafide buzzsaw this year

Reactions: WhataKnight

CantHaveTkachev

Jealousy
Nov 30, 2004
St. OILbert, AB
Canucks have the most regulation time wins in the league. Am sure you will find a way to discredit that too lol. They have the most goals scored in the league. Is that a fluke too? That's with Kuzmenko scoring only 4 goals. You don't want to look at results and real stats like wins or losses or goals or point percentage, that's fine. But they have beat Oilers 3 times in a dominant fashion too this season. They are the better team and their D is way better too, can score and hit. It's ok to be jealous but that's just reality.
Kuzmenko is the perfect case-study of an unsustainable shooting % regressing...last year it was a whopping 27.3%, this year it's 12.5%
there was a zero percent chance he was gonna score 39 goals again this year

Boeser is the new Kuzmenko, shooting at exactly 27.3% this year (along with many other Canucks shooting at high percentages)

Madap

May 24, 2019
Toronto, ON, Canada
Oh come on. Vegas is legit, sure. I’m trying not to say anything bad about Vancouver and LA because they deserve a ton of credit this year, but they are so unproven. Anyone think they are actually contenders?

Edmonton… lol do I need to say more?

Then 4 of the worst teams in the league.

This division is far from the best.

Three On Zero

HF Designated Parking Instructor
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
Oh come on. Vegas is legit, sure. I’m trying not to say anything bad about Vancouver and LA because they deserve a ton of credit this year, but they are so unproven. Anyone think they are actually contenders?

Edmonton… lol do I need to say more?

Then 4 of the worst teams in the league.

This division is far from the best.
A division with only 1 legitimate threat in the playoffs is not a good division

Reactions: Madap and quat

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad