Post-Game Talk: I don't have anything clever to put in the thread title

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

gabevh3

Oct 13, 2005
Idk man. The guys youd wanna do that to are mika and trouba. Mika is mentally weak and would have to go to therapy if he got taken off pp1 for laff, let alone scratched. For better or worse, trouba’s the captain so cant do it
Well they're coaches not psychiatrists

Filip Chytil

Mar 3, 2014
It doesn't impact my life in a negative way. I'm not gonna let it. As I get older, I've learned to let it go and go on. I used to be upset for at least a week but I'll probably forget about this in like a day or two. But I need to stop planning my life around the game schedule.

Oddly enough, I found myself missing a bunch of regular season games this year. Just life getting in the way. Felt less personally invested this year, but the end still hurt.

Brutananadilewski

Nov 6, 2021
Wherever the keg is!
A gentle reminder that the team had 115 points this year, 34 come from behind wins and won two rounds of the playoffs. There are 30 other teams in the league that would kill for that season.

Give it a few days, appreciate what has been a very entertaining season and then we can tear the roster apart.

I think the main problem is they looked lackadaisical again, just like they did in 2022.

The 2015 series they at least fought tooth and nail.

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT
I know I'm a broken record but this whole series they look overmatched and ok maybe they're not good enough. Maybe we can forgive the team (Drury not so much). But what hard working fans can't forgive is a lack of effort. When that lack of effort is against Carolina up 3-1, it sucks it really does. When it's an elimination game it's downright infuriating.
You have to give credit to FLA. That’s a very good team with no holes. They outplayed us and wanted it more.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Maybe Mika can take a resident gig in Ibiza dj'ing and retire like Naslund did.

Reactions: mas0764

Brutananadilewski

Nov 6, 2021
Wherever the keg is!
Ok no problem. Done . I like green tea. Anyways it hurts right now takes a few days . Been there lots. Look up bruins history playoffs.

You guys won a cup more recently, been to the big dance more recently, then you have an NBA team that looks like a juggernaut, then you had the Patriots dynasty.

Some people here are also Mets and Jets fans. They look 70 but are actually 20.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
The good news is that Zibs and Kreider marriage officially ended today.

Next season, they better not be on the ice together for a single solitary second.
How much money you wanna bet they will be on the same line together again? Just like Trouba played every shift in the third when his ass should have been stapled to the bench.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
I think the main problem is they looked lackadaisical again, just like they did in 2022.

The 2015 series they at least fought tooth and nail.

Do you remember the final game of that season?

The comments here were the same.

I don't think that this team worked any less hard than any other team in that situation. I just think some of the guys who they have here who they're relying on in key roles are either bad or just not capable of making things happen when the chips are down. It's not an effort thing.

mas0764

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 16, 2005
I'm done with Drury and that's the hill I'm drying on so buckle the f*** up.

I'm gonna make @GoAwayPanarin look like he likes Panarin in comparison.
The problem is, what do you do in the offseason prior when you have no cap space like we’ve had?

But that goes back to the issue of paying $8m for a defenseman who belongs in the AHL, $8m for a center who disappears and goes cold for half the season, 3.6m for a fourth line player who scores 12 points. Yeah, Goodrow was nice in the playoffs but he couldn’t save us.

Panarin for $11m didn’t deliver either. Can’t excuse him. But that 120 points in the regular season is hard to toss away. You might have to live with him not being the guy to deliver in the playoffs but the guy who gets you there. But you can’t have Mika and Trouba sucking all year for $16m like they did.

I don’t know what Drury can do other than stop trying to “win now” and instead start getting rid of anchors for futures. But I’m with you that I don’t think the path he’s chosen was right, because it led to this untenable situation.

Stugots

YNWA
Jan 10, 2009
Upper West Side
Different coaches, different players, different systems, different front offices, and these post-lockout Rangers all have the same end result: good teams that are just never good enough to win it all.

I don’t know what the answer is and I don’t know who/what will change it or if it will ever change.

Machinehead

HFNYR MVP
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Florida is also going to shut down whoever they play in the west. It is what it is. They need to make changes for sure but it doesn't have to blown up.
There's a skeleton of a good team here if they fix the D corps, but I'm concerned about the philosophy from the top down.

They just don't prioritize effective 5v5 play. That's a huge deal.

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley
Florida will eventually hoist the cup and I hate it but they are better team won. They will pound whoever wins the west. I hate them and their coach but there is a reason they are in the finals back to back.

Reactions: Filip Chytil

Filip Chytil

Mar 3, 2014

I have to feel like it says a lot about what Drury is thinking that (in a President Trophy type of year and desperately needing a 1RW for several years now since Buch left) he didn't get it done. Maybe reading too much into it, but makes me curious.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad