Post-Game Talk: I don't have anything clever to put in the thread title

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

mas0764

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 16, 2005
We have no forward depth at all. That's kind of a problem because our defense sucks too. Don't even know where they go from here which means they're going to run it back with the same group again. This team is going to end up like the Joe Thornton Sharks teams. Very good, lots of scoring, great regular seasons but don't have the stones to go further.
Blow it up. Start with Mika and Trouba out.

Kreider isn’t necessarily the biggest problem but his age means you should cash in very soon. Thanks for your service but you’ve been here like 12 years and never won.

SML2

Jan 1, 2018
Trouba needs to go. Buyout, trade, whatever. I don't know how you can be a leader when you're the worst player in the rink.

Miller needs to go. To the dude who said I had to GTFO with my hot take that Miller sucks, Miller sucks. He sucks when it matters. He has the build for the playoffs but he's a coward. He puts teammates in harms way to get himself out of it. Stop making excuses. He is not the type of player you win with. He's the type who sees this as a job and makes himself a very nice life playing it. But he's never going to be a burning desire to win, pay the price player. Get that MFer out of here.

I want to see the type of change that makes me uncomfortable. That should be the price for losing.

Oh, you guys were friends? Too f***ing bad. You've been traded.
Oh your wives were close? Too f***ing bad. You've been traded.
Your kids gotta change schools? Too f***ing bad. You've been traded.

Keep changing this formula until you find a group who doesn't put anything in their life above ending the season as the last team standing.

I can't watch Igor go out the way Hank did. It's not right.

mike14

Rampage Sherpa
Jun 22, 2006
Melbourne
Our top 10 picks combined for 16 points in the playoffs; Laf had 14 of them...
On top of other things, the absolute lack of secondary scoring and depth from those picks (or even useful assets outside of Cuylle) is a large reason with why we couldn't get it done.

bouds

Feb 9, 2009
As long as that was the last time I have to watch Trouba in Ranger blue I am fine.

And if they decide to move on from Panarin I can handle that as well.

ECF. Laf an impact player now.

Good season.

You’re so sure about Laf but he did nothing tonight. You trust him without someone like Panarin on his wing? I’m not sure I want to take that risk.

Our issue is D and bottom six. I also wish we still had Buch and f*** Drury for giving him away for a bag of shit. Just trash asset management by him.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Funny to think in these terms: If they suck at their jobs, someone else hires them, or they get paid out for several years. If you and I suck at ours, we get canned. Sometimes I think they treat this as a competitive hobby / game, rather than a job.

I also think their bosses (the GMs) are worse at evaluating if these guys suck. A lot of the time they legit think sucking is effort and grit and you need it to win in the playoffs! :rolleyes:

Reactions: CasusBelli

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley
That series past Game 2 was an abomination of epic proportions.

I'd rate Drury's TDL as an F. Maybe he knew this core wasn't worth investing much into.

Don't know how you improve the team, but this core looks maxed out. Maybe get another year out of them and pray everything breaks your way and the stars align perfectly. Idk, that's all I got. Interesting offseason ahead.
Im glad he didn't go all in and trade top picks and young prospects. They wouldn't have beat Florida anyway.

gabevh3

Oct 13, 2005
This is mostly the coaches fault... No balls to scratch and bench players..And playing favorites instead of better players.

Reactions: CLW

TheBloodyNine

Pure Bred Soviet Savage
Oct 8, 2016
Queens
Welp, I’m back for my post mordem. There’s only one thing to say: This team lost the same exact way that they lost in 2022. Since 2005-2006 the biggest problem with this franchise has been goaltending - in that it has been so good that none of these teams ever learned how to win the right way. “Stealing wins” over and over is not a recipe for success at all. They will never win anything until they get that. PPs dry up. If you can’t control the game 5v5 you might as well not even show up to the playoffs.

Oh, and the Rangers second biggest problem? Panarin. Once again completely absent when he was needed most. One garbage time goal in this series. They are never winning with him. 49 goals in the regular season don’t mean f*** all if you cant create for yourself during crunch time.

One year older for a lot of these guys and that’s not a good thing. Not sure where this franchise goes from here but I doubt very highly they’ll be playing in the ECF a year from now.

Anyways, hope everyone is well. I am going to go take 3 xanex now and pass out.

pld459666

Feb 27, 2002
Danbury, CT
Florida threw a forchecking clinic for 6 games.

They deserved this. The Rangers had no answer in trying to get past tjat forecheck.

Insane level of commitment from that entire team.

The Rangers were comfortable playing the perimeter and we're unable to make plays between the face off dots.

I'm a bit angry right now, so I'm going to refrain from saying anything more.

Chytilmania

Dec 31, 2017
Kreider, Igor, Laf and Trocheck are untouchable. Out of the rest of the team, one or two names need to go for a shake up. IDC if one is Kakko for a change of scenery, but two names out of

Kakko
Panarin
Zib
Trouba
Lindgren
Chytil
Miller

we'll give Fox a pass for the knee on knee but he gave us nothing offensively.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad