Post-Game Talk: I don't have anything clever to put in the thread title

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
I'm done with Drury and that's the hill I'm drying on so buckle the f*** up.

I'm gonna make @GoAwayPanarin look like he likes Panarin in comparison.

That’s fine as well. If they wanna change the guy at head of it all I’m more than okay with that. Bringing someone in who isn’t married to the deadweights that Trouba and Lindgren are is only a good thing IMO. What would worry me is that Slats is boys with Brian Burke and you know how that would go.

It doesn’t change the fact that Panarin just isn’t that guy. We have 3 playoff runs to go off of. If you want to tell me that this was a better one then yeah, I agree with you.

It’s still not good enough for someone making 11.6. He was the worst player on his line.

LaffyTaffy13

May 10, 2022
Will the Rangers finally learn and get these types of players. If Brady Tkachuk wants out, make the call and get that type of player on the Rangers. Rangers will bring in more soft passive skilled players thst don't show up cause its what they do best
The problem is the rangers front office seems to have this idea that we need lawyers and bankers and have to be a classy franchise. I want plumbers and union workers on the ice. I dont want gentlemen. I want guys that care

CasusBelli

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 6, 2017
Well im torn now on who to root for in the cup.

Florida is a such a dislikable team. But losing to the cup champs is repsectabel.

I love mcdavid and drai.. but i find it funny that canada hasnt won a cup since 93 and i want that streak to survive.

So i guess dallas? They have good BBq. But i find them a boring team. Also nils lindkvist will win a cup.
Edmonton for me.

Maybe ESPN will shut up about Forsling once they see what McD does to defenders, considering how he's the knife to Heiskanen's butter.

Reactions: Filip Chytil

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
Drury needs to tell the young guys coming up to not look up to kreider and mika, rather look up to trocheck. You cannot change the culture of this franchise until kreider and mika are gone. Problem is mika’s here 6 more years because we hand out NMC’s like tic tacs.

Constantly we are bringing up guys who played with an edge at lower levels and they get neutered once they enter this locker room. Rempe’s the only one who said F it. Schneider can play a hard nose game but is being influenced by the soft leadership, cuylle used to constantly mix it up in HFD, gets up here and nope. Othmann granted it was only a few games, known shit stirrer, acted like he was on a leash when he came up.

We need to change the culture
Drury just needs to get rid of Mika and Kreider.

mas0764

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 16, 2005
1 in 5 ECF. Against good teams, they can't generate. It took a shit offense Montreal team without Carey price to win an ECF. This is our leafs 1st round theme.
I mean, I hate to say “I told you so,” but this is exactly what I’ve been saying for years here.

We are a very good team that’s just not in the upper tier. You can look at the talent and the 5v5 play on the ice. Teams like Tampa, teams like Colorado, teams like Chicago was, Los Angeles, etc. There are clear cut dominant teams and we just aren’t in that tier. And never have been. We are always the spunky undertalented team that needs favorable matchups to advance.

Our talent level and the 5v5 mediocrity reflected by that talent level is NOT GOOD ENOUGH. We do well enough in the regular season but special teams are NOT gonna get you through four rounds. Mika, Kreider and Panarin are power play merchants.

And no, wings are not just as good as centers. We need a fricking 1C.

Mika out and a top 10 center in would solve a LOT of problems on offense. Next would be that you have to get Trouba out and a decent defenseman to replace him in the top 4, preferably a guy capable of plying top pair.

And finally Kakko not developing has also killed us. Which is also what I said: you shouldn’t cut off a rebuild till you know you’ve got the elite young talent. That whole rebuild and all we might have is Lafreniere and Fox.

It’s not enough. Look at Florida. They have twice as much high end, highly drafted forward talent, and it’s all under 30. They are deeper on defense too. No wonder they kicked our ass.

Drury has done a shit job. No, his giving up firsts for rentals was not good value. It was shit.

He needs to find a way to win some trades this offseason moving out Trouba and Mika for sure, and taking calls on most everything else.

And I hate to break it to people but @Machinehead is right, Igor can’t carry us to a Cuo by himself either. And giving him a massive contract is just gonna hamstring our ability to get the forward talent we need. I’m not saying trade him at all costs, but that water should be tested.

Wtp99

May 8, 2021
Panarin gets us to the playoffs. Can’t figure out a couple of other disappearing acts.
Thought Panarin played well and was engaged.
If I never see Kaako, Chytil, brodzinsky, again it will be too soon + couple of others
Weinberg I would keep on a friendly contract. Goodrow is a playoff guy
It was a good year all in all

TheDirtyH

Jul 5, 2013
Chicago
Fun season overall. I'm happy to watch these runs, they don't happen often.

Florida was the best team in the series and in the conference. We were among the best, but minus a healthy fox, we were down one of our only advantages against that team.

Ce la vie.

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley
There should be. Something needs to be done. That was just gutless and soft. There needs to be a shakeup to get us stronger both physically and mentally.
Florida is also going to shut down whoever they play in the west. It is what it is. They need to make changes for sure but it doesn't have to blown up.

Filip Chytil

Mar 3, 2014
I might sit out '24-25 or at least not be so deeply invested like this. It's too much investment. After a president's trophy tease of a season. Just waiting for Chytil to get hurt again or be a shell of himself or more Kakko stuck in mud and Panarin get another 100 regular season points. No thanks

I'm here too. I'm tired of the product we keep seeing.

LaffyTaffy13

May 10, 2022
My guess is trouba has a wrist injury. Wasnt able to get any lift on the puck these playoffs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad