Post-Game Talk: I don't have anything clever to put in the thread title

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Machinehead

HFNYR MVP
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
That’s fine as well. If they wanna change the guy at head of it all I’m more than okay with that. Bringing someone in who isn’t married to the deadweights that Trouba and Lindgren are is only a good thing IMO. What would worry me is that Slats is boys with Brian Burke and you know how that would go.

It doesn’t change the fact that Panarin just isn’t that guy. We have 3 playoff runs to go off of. If you want to tell me that this was a better one then yeah, I agree with you.

It’s still not good enough for someone making 11.6. He was the worst player on his line.
Yeah, I guess I get where you're coming from.

My mindset is that he's a good player, and we don't have good players to spare atm, but we're paying him to be more than good.

And fixing the team to where he could fit is going to require his money.

I won't fight it this summer.

The only one I'll fight on is Kreider. He's the opposite. He's underpaid.

KennyWu

Oct 14, 2010
There will be a lot of criticism and roasting of the team in this thread... mostly valid

But I think we can all agree, this sucks. Sucks to go out again this way especially after starting the playoffs 7-0. But you guys and gals are all awesome.

will1066

Oct 12, 2008
My brother in Christ, just do what I do. You can still watch the games. But if you notice it impacting your life in a negative way, step back.

We have an insanely hardcore fanbase. Debbies and Islanders fans wish they had these problems. Just step back and enjoy life for a week without the team. Something like that.

Far better solution than just checking out for a full season. Not sure how that helps.
It doesn't impact my life in a negative way. I'm not gonna let it. As I get older, I've learned to let it go and go on. I used to be upset for at least a week but I'll probably forget about this in like a day or two. But I need to stop planning my life around the game schedule.

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
Well, there's only 1 loss that could be worse than this one. And that would be in the Stanley Cup finals.
Kudos to the Panthers. They deserved it, they were TOUGH where it was needed and we weren't close to tough. We tried, but apparently TALENT isn't enough. Need more Goodrows that know how to out the puck in the net and play like he does.. I know this sounds like an excuse, but wondering (even though he wasn't playing great) how much difference Vesey could have had. He's not a big gun, (did we have any that deserves that title?) but you never know how much it hurt.
Good luck Drury, NOW you're toughest job is in front of you.

Reactions: Wtp99

PalmCoastRanger

Jun 21, 2019
My only real complaint about Lavi is shoehorning both Chytial and Wheeler back in the line up. There was no reason, none, to bring in Chytil and Wheeler. Feel good stories sure, but to expect them to perform at the highest possible level after missing half the year is just...

Reactions: Sayba

RangersFan1994

Aug 20, 2019
The problem is the rangers front office seems to have this idea that we need lawyers and bankers and have to be a classy franchise. I want plumbers and union workers on the ice. I dont want gentlemen. I want guys that care
Maybe Drury doesn't care. He was passive soft and overpaid as a player. But he won a cup by being lucky with the Avs. The vets have the character of their GM.

KingDeathMetal

Jun 7, 2015
Long Island, NY
Everyone wants to scapegoat individual players like Zibenejad and Fox, and yeah I wish they had played better, particularly in the ECF. But the reality is, as a team, we're too easy to play against. And our d-corps has major weaknesses.

There's almost no scenario where we trade Zibanejad and wind up being a better team. Same with Panarin, though I'm prob more frustrated with him than anyone.

I think we have to do whatever it takes to move off of Jacob Trouba, name Kreider the Captain, and seriously consider trading K'Andre Miller and Ryan Lindgren. The defense needs a remodeling. And Kreider/Zib absolutely need a winger to play with. Go back to St. Louis and see what they want for Buch.

This is a really good team that hits a hard ceiling once it faces the upper echelon of the league.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
It doesn't impact my life in a negative way. I'm not gonna let it. As I get older, I've learned to let it go and go on. I used to be upset for at least a week but I'll probably forget about this in like a day or two. But I need to stop playing my life around the game schedule.

Agreed on the bold. But taking a full year off is dumb unless you have like actual addiction problems, lol.

Just do as you do - don't let it dominate your life. It's sports. Far more important things.

Machinehead

HFNYR MVP
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
I mean, I hate to say “I told you so,” but this is exactly what I’ve been saying for years here.

We are a very good team that’s just not in the upper tier. You can look at the talent and the 5v5 play on the ice. Teams like Tampa, teams like Colorado, teams like Chicago was, Los Angeles, etc. There are clear cut dominant teams and we just aren’t in that tier. And never have been. We are always the spunky undertalented team that needs favorable matchups to advance.

Our talent level and the 5v5 mediocrity reflected by that talent level is NOT GOOD ENOUGH. We do well enough in the regular season but special teams are NOT gonna get you through four rounds. Mika, Kreider and Panarin are power play merchants.

And no, wings are not just as good as centers. We need a fricking 1C.

Mika out and a top 10 center in would solve a LOT of problems on offense. Next would be that you have to get Trouba out and a decent defenseman to replace him in the top 4, preferably a guy capable of plying top pair.

And finally Kakko not developing has also killed us. Which is also what I said: you shouldn’t cut off a rebuild till you know you’ve got the elite young talent. That whole rebuild and all we might have is Lafreniere and Fox.

It’s not enough. Look at Florida. They have twice as much high end, highly drafted forward talent, and it’s all under 30. They are deeper on defense too. No wonder they kicked our ass.

Drury has done a shit job. No, his giving up firsts for rentals was not good value. It was shit.

He needs to find a way to win some trades this offseason moving out Trouba and Mika for sure, and taking calls on most everything else.

And I hate to break it to people but @Machinehead is right, Igor can’t carry us to a Cuo by himself either. And giving him a massive contract is just gonna hamstring our ability to get the forward talent we need. I’m not saying trade him at all costs, but that water should be tested.
@DanielBrassard is right.

He's just not as hilarious as I am.

Reactions: mas0764

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
The last 5 minutes of the period proved this team had more to give. They just didn't.

Sorry, I shouldn't say team. Laf, Tro, Igor and Goodrow did everything they could. Everyone else...

Legit played like either a) they didn't care if they won or b) didn't think they could win. Spent the whole game firing weak wrist shots from the point. If they were creating chances and the Panthers were getting last second blocks or Bob was making saves that's one thing. There ZFG in this game.

Reactions: MrAlmost

LaffyTaffy13

May 10, 2022
Also, we should be rooting our asses off for Edmonton. They win the cup and I think Draisaitl will have zerooooo problem leaving to become the man somewhere else. Hopefully thats on broadway come July 2025

Reactions: BlueShirtGal
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad