Post-Game Talk: I don't have anything clever to put in the thread title

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

CasusBelli

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 6, 2017
What finish? Other than game 1 and game 3 what chances did they even have to finish? And game 3 they finished them. All series long they barely got any friggin chances. Today was a new low. They had f***ing nothing. Just didn't even show up. Their minds were in Mexico or wherever they'll go to have the time of their lives with their millions while fans earning a fraction of that will be working in a f***ing cubicle.
Funny to think in these terms: If they suck at their jobs, someone else hires them, or they get paid out for several years. If you and I suck at ours, we get canned. Sometimes I think they treat this as a competitive hobby / game, rather than a job.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
I might sit out '24-25 or at least not be so deeply invested like this. It's too much investment. After a president's trophy tease of a season. Just waiting for Chytil to get hurt again or be a shell of himself or more Kakko stuck in mud. No thanks

My brother in Christ, just do what I do. You can still watch the games. But if you notice it impacting your life in a negative way, step back.

We have an insanely hardcore fanbase. Debbies and Islanders fans wish they had these problems. Just step back and enjoy life for a week without the team. Something like that.

Far better solution than just checking out for a full season. Not sure how that helps.

Filip Chytil

Mar 3, 2014
That series past Game 2 was an abomination of epic proportions.

I'd rate Drury's TDL as an F. Maybe he knew this core wasn't worth investing much into.

Don't know how you improve the team, but this core looks maxed out. Maybe get another year out of them and pray everything breaks your way and the stars align perfectly. Idk, that's all I got. Interesting offseason ahead.

RangersFan1994

Aug 20, 2019
Here's who should be brought back:

Laf - name him or Fox the 'C'
Trocheck
Fox - name him or Laf the 'C'
Igor
Cuylle
Quick

Those 6 should be brought back. Maybe K'Andre and Schneider as well for consistency. And of course Rempe and Edstrom. Othmann should be on the team next season, and Zac Jones should replace Gus.

Everyone else can go take a hike. I'd buyout Trouba, trade Mika, shop Kreider and Panarin (no one's gonna take Panarin and IDK if he'd waive anyway).
Add Othmann Edstrom and maybe give Rempe more than 5 mins a night

RagFinMet

Jan 5, 2019
Well we won the season
Just didn't win the tournament
This team is built to win seasons but not tournaments
Swap mika, pan for barkov, Tkachuk and trouba for Jones, we win the cup
Sadly we r stuck with mika and I don't see tru or pan going
The scapegoat will be kakko

Reactions: CLW

Saitama

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 20, 2010
Winnipeg
Never winning a Cup with Trouba. Along with a few other softies.

Idk, if this wasn't the year. Then when? I just hope my 9 month old son sees them win a cup before he dies.
There's a chance! They're working on reversing aging, so if that happens and your son lives a few hundred years, you might get your wish!

• Haha
Reactions: savebyrichter94

LaffyTaffy13

May 10, 2022
Drury needs to tell the young guys coming up to not look up to kreider and mika, rather look up to trocheck. You cannot change the culture of this franchise until kreider and mika are gone. Problem is mika’s here 6 more years because we hand out NMC’s like tic tacs.

Constantly we are bringing up guys who played with an edge at lower levels and they get neutered once they enter this locker room. Rempe’s the only one who said F it. Schneider can play a hard nose game but is being influenced by the soft leadership, cuylle used to constantly mix it up in HFD, gets up here and nope. Othmann granted it was only a few games, known shit stirrer, acted like he was on a leash when he came up.

We need to change the culture

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
Funny to think in these terms: If they suck at their jobs, someone else hires them, or they get paid out for several years. If you and I suck at ours, we get canned. Sometimes I think they treat this as a competitive hobby / game, rather than a job.

Considering current estimates place quiet quitting at 60%+ of the overall US workforce, I completely disagree with this take.

This is commonplace. If anything, working hard is incredibly rare at this point.

ohbaby

Apr 4, 2007
Figures it's Tarasenko who sent us packing. He played a great game. But what ex-Ranger doesn't?

Sayba

Dark Schneider
Jul 7, 2009
I might sit out '24-25 or at least not be so deeply invested like this. It's too much investment. After a president's trophy tease of a season. Just waiting for Chytil to get hurt again or be a shell of himself or more Kakko stuck in mud and Panarin get another 100 regular season points. No thanks

I feel this way right now, we know this team as constructed isn’t built for the playoffs.

Reactions: will1066

Tob

Sep 16, 2017
In the arms of the angelllllll fly away from heeereeeeee

Chaels Arms

Formerly Lias Andersson
Aug 26, 2010
New York City
Going straight from Lundqvist to Shesterkin is going to end up being just as much a curse as a blessing for this franchise. Think about how unusual it is for one team to lose a HOF goaltender like Henrik and seamlessly transition to another elite tender like Shesterkin who was completely ready to step in without even needing an adjustment period to the NHL. Under normal circumstances when someone like Lundqvist retires the team has to reassess everything and completely alter their approach. Shesterkin allowed us to not go through that process at all but rather just continue doing what we had always done with Lundqvist and we're seeing more or less the same exact results.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad