Hurricanes Lounge XXXV: Now Accepting Sponsorships for Thread Titles

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

LostInaLostWorld

Work?
Sponsor
Oct 25, 2016
Central City
Submariners are a different breed.
170px-TurtleSubmarine.jpg

Negan4Coach

Fantastic and Stochastic
Aug 31, 2017
Raleigh, NC
You and @Negan4Coach should get together and "do shots"

I’ve had more than one vaccine a bunch. The Army says you need a vaccine. Then they check their records, oh yea you need that one too. But I got that one 3 weeks ago, you gave it to me. Too bad, there isn’t a record of it. And I get 2 vaccines at once. Yay! I got 3 coming back from Afghanistan. Cuz somehow records are lost.

Yeah, wow. I enlisted long enough ago (actually 30 years ago this week) that they were still using those awful pressure injectors with the bottles of fluid on top, the kind that would cut you and get blood on the nozzle before being pressed up against the next dude. just an assembly line of barechested guys getting like half a dozen vaccines at once, followed by an ice cold shot of Penicillin in the ass just for GP. People were literally passing out.

And then later, the madness with the small pox and Anthrax vaccines, yellow fever, etc. I have lots of friends who refuse to get the Covid vaccine and all I can say to them is "With all the crap they pumped into us for years....THIS is where you draw the line? GTFO."

Not to mention all the guys shooting up steroids, and Pakistani Human Growth Hormone, once per day right in the stomach.

Negan4Coach

Fantastic and Stochastic
Aug 31, 2017
Raleigh, NC
All I know is there are a lot of ways I'd rather spend my final days, hours, minutes than being on a goddamn submarine during a war.

There is this book I have called "U-Boats off the Outer Banks", its basically a bunch of after-action reports of all the ships they sunk out there. Actually a pretty horrific book to read- over 5000 sailors were killed in just a few months out there, and a frightening number of them were burned alive as they floated or sat in lifeboats while ignited fuel sloshed over them. Also chronicles basically a war crime as a destroyer depth-charged dozens of German sailors who had jumped off a stricken sub and were trying to surrender.

Plus 75% of the U-Boat crews were all dead by the end of the war. No thanks to either part of that equation.

Stickpucker

Playmaka
Jan 18, 2014
i cannot recommend "a scanner darkly" enough. based on a philip k dick novel, and it is probably the closest any movie has got to capturing the 'feel' of one of his novels.

movies aside, if you're a reader and you like questioning reality, you'll love dick!

You're just going to put that out there for everyone to see?

Reactions: Unsustainable

Navin R Slavin

Fifth line center
Jan 1, 2011
Durrm NC
Yeah, wow. I enlisted long enough ago (actually 30 years ago this week) that they were still using those awful pressure injectors with the bottles of fluid on top, the kind that would cut you and get blood on the nozzle before being pressed up against the next dude. just an assembly line of barechested guys getting like half a dozen vaccines at once, followed by an ice cold shot of Penicillin in the ass just for GP. People were literally passing out.

And then later, the madness with the small pox and Anthrax vaccines, yellow fever, etc. I have lots of friends who refuse to get the Covid vaccine and all I can say to them is "With all the crap they pumped into us for years....THIS is where you draw the line? GTFO."

Not to mention all the guys shooting up steroids, and Pakistani Human Growth Hormone, once per day right in the stomach.

So what's the difference between regular HGH and Pakistani HGH? Is it Halal or something?

raynman

Jan 20, 2013
Haha, its just that it was manufactured in Pak. Easier for us to get- we’d just send our interpreters over the border with some cash and they’d bring it back.

That shit worked, by god.
So do you look like a hybrid of sly Stallone and Negan? Thought I read that Stallone was a proponent of hgh use once.

Reactions: Unsustainable

Negan4Coach

Fantastic and Stochastic
Aug 31, 2017
Raleigh, NC
So do you look like a hybrid of sly Stallone and Negan? Thought I read that Stallone was a proponent of hgh use once.

Nope. I was looking pretty good, but then came home and tore my labrum putting up the same weight with no "assistance". Two surgeries and 10 years later I lift small and have a dad bod.

I will say that HGH does work wonders, with none of the awful side effects and massive weight gain of steroids.

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Feb 23, 2014
First shift is 6-10 am - 2-8pm and shift is the one that'd start after.. These are rough to switch
I can do first or second but No chance on third.. I just can't move my sleepies that far.

2nd shift for me was 2:00pm-10pm but I’ve also had a 2nd shift that was 3:30pm-12:00am. My current 1st shift is 6:30am-3:00pm

Thanks. It was the terminology that I was amiss. I/we always talk of morning/afternoon/night shift.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad