Hurricanes Lounge XXXV: Now Accepting Sponsorships for Thread Titles

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

MinJaBen

Canes Sharks Boy
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2015
Durm
We had a "reply all" debacle once on the Army email system called AKO several years back- got sent to like tens of thousands of people, and it took weeks of "Please stop hitting reply all!!" and "Remove me from this email chain!" and some other really choice meltdowns before it finally stopped. It took literally hours for me to delete page after page of emails from it when it was all over. LOL.

*somewhere in China....

"Sir, we're almost ready to test this new missile. When testing is complete and the systems are deployed, we'll be able to bring America to it's knees.

"Hold off on that for a minute. I've got a better idea. Compose this email for me..."

To Be Determined

Jun 22, 2006
i love that one person in any 'reply-all-pocalypse' that starts it back up a few days later when they return from vacation. like the thousand new e-mails didn't tip them off that something was up. it is fun to guess if that person is actually that dumb, or that evil.

Reactions: DaveG

DaJackal

Aug 3, 2015
Eastern front
As a person who works "office time" from 8AM to 4PM (sometimes more... well, usually a lot more, because I often continue at home after the kid goes to sleep), the most annoying thing for me is that taking care of some errands is really hard.
Trying to reach someone from tax department or city administration? Nope, they work 8 to 4 also (or even less).
Trying to order a heat pump from a local company - or pretty much buy anything from any special store? Nope, opening times are 8 to 4.
Got fed up with the poor opening times, did online shopping and ordered a package that will be delivered to home? No it won't, because you are never at home when they try to deliver it. And then they give you the option to "reschedule the delivery" - available options are Monday to Friday from 8 to 4.

Luckily starting from next week my schedules allow for more flexibility.

Reactions: raynman

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Feb 23, 2014
As a person who works "office time" from 8AM to 4PM (sometimes more... well, usually a lot more, because I often continue at home after the kid goes to sleep), the most annoying thing for me is that taking care of some errands is really hard.
Trying to reach someone from tax department or city administration? Nope, they work 8 to 4 also (or even less).
Trying to order a heat pump from a local company - or pretty much buy anything from any special store? Nope, opening times are 8 to 4.
Got fed up with the poor opening times, did online shopping and ordered a package that will be delivered to home? No it won't, because you are never at home when they try to deliver it. And then they give you the option to "reschedule the delivery" - available options are Monday to Friday from 8 to 4.

When I first started doing not-Mon-to-Fri shift work, the free weekdays that allows me to take care of this kind of crap was and continues to be a major positive.

Many obviously would abhor the Friday night shift or Saturday morning or afternoon shift or whatelse. But let me tell you, working is much more fun with the total absense of the Mon-to-Fri daytime chieftains.

raynman

Jan 20, 2013

I don’t mind my current 6:30-3:00 position for the reasons you’ve laid out. If I get this job I’m interviewing for the half days on Fridays will be nice.

Lempo

Feb 23, 2014

"are at the site of work".

Just a little joke we make at the works every time when someone gets a phone call and gets asked if he's at work (direct translation "working").

Reactions: MinJaBen

Unsustainable

Seth Jarvis has Big Kahunas
Apr 14, 2012
North Carolina
148D7D11-F979-4F78-B944-3F5DAEED85D0.jpeg

Huzzah!

Lempo

Feb 23, 2014
I can't not think of birds, and how the birds would say to the chief bird that this was your fourth failed attempt at a migration and it's obviously not going to happen with you and we're going to have to peck you to death now.

Navin R Slavin

Fifth line center
Jan 1, 2011
Durrm NC
Migrations suck, and database migrations suck in particular. Especially if you're not really built to handle them.

I'm guessing that these admins are running on a relative shoe string budget, so hoping this is the future-proof migration that they've needed for a long time.

VAcaniac

SHOOT THE PUCK
Feb 16, 2007
Los Angeles
How bad is the view sitting behind the bench?

Im debating splurging and getting better tickets near the glass for Canes-Kings game, but im afraid I wont be able to see shit.

EDIT: Everyone says it sucks online like I imagined. Guess sitting behind the attacking net it is, then.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad