Hurricanes Lounge XXXV: Now Accepting Sponsorships for Thread Titles

Status
Not open for further replies.

skipnjump

Apr 6, 2019
NC
Congrats.

I had an interview a couple months ago for the first time in 6 years. The guy apologized to me and said “Sorry- we have to ask this of everyone…what makes you weird?”

You get any questions like that?
I got asked once if I were a tree, what kind of tree would I be. I'm 6'1", so I said I would be a tall tree and then hastily added a tall, strong, steady tree like an Oak.

Unsustainable

Seth Jarvis has Big Kahunas
Apr 14, 2012
North Carolina
Congrats.

I had an interview a couple months ago for the first time in 6 years. The guy apologized to me and said “Sorry- we have to ask this of everyone…what makes you weird?”

You get any questions like that?

mine was like, what was something difficult you had to overcome and other work situations

wont know till next week if I get the position or not, maybe 2 weeks

what I was told, as long as no one else interviewing has had training in this new design system, I’ve got it

it’s a 10% pay raise.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
I used to do a lot of college recruiting for a Fortune 500 company. One time, I was at Worcester Polytech Institute with another guy from our company. There were these frosted glass booths we had to conduct interviews in. I could see that the interview he had lasted no more than a couple minutes so later on I asked him what happened.

He said a guy came in, 4.0 GPA wearing a 3 piece suit with a mohawk and Kyle Dubas style glasses. the interviewer asked the boring question of "what's your ideal job", and the guy responded: "Sitting on my ass making a million bucks". He dismissed the guy right then and there. Clearly the guy already had a job and was just f***ing with him.

Last edited:

raynman

Jan 20, 2013
mine was like, what was something difficult you had to overcome and other work situations

wont know till next week if I get the position or not, maybe 2 weeks

what I was told, as long as no one else interviewing has had training in this new design system, I’ve got it

it’s a 10% pay raise.
I didn’t get any of those which makes me nervous. Just tell me about yourself/experience type questions with the dept manager, a tour of the plant, and then more tell me about yourself with operations management. Seems like they’re looking for a personality or culture fit.

Unsustainable

Seth Jarvis has Big Kahunas
Apr 14, 2012
North Carolina
I didn’t get any of those which makes me nervous. Just tell me about yourself/experience type questions with the dept manager, a tour of the plant, and then more tell me about yourself with operations management. Seems like they’re looking for a personality or culture fit.

my work history is very unique, dealing with services from multiple points of view, a lot of real world work that many in that position never had per my boss conversation today, I would likely walk into that job after my raise as one of the highest paid lol since most of them was hired off the street a few years ago, where I have 20 years in

Reactions: DaveG and raynman

DaJackal

Aug 3, 2015
Eastern front
You know anybody with a leaf blower ain't picking up no damned rake. Come on, now.

If you want to actually get rid of the leaves and not just move them from one place to another, you'll need a rake.

Once in my student years we were up on my friend's balcony drinking beer and watching a worker blowing leaves off from the driveway. It was a really windy day and it took like 5 minutes for the wind to shove the already-blown leaves back, so it didn't look very productive. When the worker was "done" (so, he had used the leaf blower for the whole driveway), he shut it off and lit a cigarette. We shouted at him and asked why he's doing that on a weather like this. He replied "boss ordered, I'm getting paid".

I envy people who can have that attitude. He's still one of my heroes.

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
If you want to actually get rid of the leaves and not just move them from one place to another, you'll need a rake.

Once in my student years we were up on my friend's balcony drinking beer and watching a worker blowing leaves off from the driveway. It was a really windy day and it took like 5 minutes for the wind to shove the already-blown leaves back, so it didn't look very productive. When the worker was "done" (so, he had used the leaf blower for the whole driveway), he shut it off and lit a cigarette. We shouted at him and asked why he's doing that on a weather like this. He replied "boss ordered, I'm getting paid".

I envy people who can have that attitude. He's still one of my heroes.
I mean, it's an engineer-designed and standardized procedure, stupid workman don't go changing it on his own whim.

hockeynjune

Just a soft breeze
Sponsor
Jan 15, 2021
Mulch em into the natural areas with the Zturn. Means more lime in the spring but I sit on the mower the whole time.

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
Mrs. Hank uses a reverse blower that sucks the leaves up and mulches them.
maxresdefault.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad