Confirmed with Link: Hronek traded to Vancouver for ‘23 1st (NYI) and ‘23 2nd (VAN)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

DanielMarois

May 25, 2013
Do people really think GMs make decision based on a few games good bad or indifferent? I really doubt it. If they did, then you would constantly be moving guys based on very small sample sizes and reacting from emotion rather than sense. I don't think any of Yzerman's moves had anything to do with 2 losses to Ottawa.
Do you think Hronek would have been traded had they won those two games? Those two games weren't everything, but it seems like it was game over for this season

norrisnick

The best...
Apr 14, 2005
A potentially unpopular hot take, worst case scenario is the team goes into a tailspin for the last 20 games.

Tough to watch, but might get them a top 10 pick.
And who knows... that little blip could land something big if we finally get an ounce of luck. Even now, where we are currently, we can jump to #2OA

Zetterberg4Captain

Aug 11, 2009
Detroit
Hey I’m just highlighting the side to this where they aren’t out of contention. Well, now the message from the top is “yes we are”.

While I think Ottawa looked like the better team (at home), the refs still completely changed the momentum and script of those games. I’m not suggesting the Red Wings deserved to win either, but if you actually watched the games you could feel the deflation with each poor call.

It was also like 4 games in 6 nights or whatever for Detroit. If they ran it back in Detroit for two games I think we’d see a huge pushback and momentum shift.

Let me ask you this. How do you feel the Sens players would respond if their GM sold after this back-to-back effort? One in which their coach probably preached these being playoff games.

I agree with the trade, but to look at the standings and situation objectively, it certainly sends an interesting message to the players. I’ll say this. It’s going to be hilarious when/if the Wings rip off 5 in a row and everyone (including the team) wondering why we sold contributing players.

They weren't just two losses, they were embarrassments.

I cant think of a more lackluster effort by any team in recent memory in B2B games to the same team, in the last month of the season against an opponent to which they're directly competing against for a playoff spot.

If I were SY I'd be packing more guys bags.

Leibinger6

Jul 26, 2018
If we rip off 5 straight wins without Hronek:

1. How important was he?
2. We still get that extra pick.

That scenario is literally win/win.
You guys will argue anything. Not a soul in here can honestly say Oesterle or Lindstrom help this team more than Fil. If they rip off 5 straight it’s because it’s the NHL and parity is tight. Not to mention the next several games are very winnable.

norrisnick

The best...
Apr 14, 2005
You guys will argue anything. Not a soul in here can honestly say Oesterle or Lindstrom help this team more than Fil. If they rip off 5 straight it’s because it’s the NHL and parity is tight. Not to mention the next several games are very winnable.
That wasn't the question asked or scenario outlined.

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Okay Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
Not sure if there's a growing consensus, but I'd rather just have the NYI pick this year right? I mean maybe they crater in '24, but I like this draft and I'd prefer to take a shot around 15 or so assuming that's where they land (and assuming we don't move the pick before draft day).
No, I want them to suck this year and then suck next year and win a lottery with their pick and draft first overall while the Wings make the playoffs.

That's what I want. But, I'm super cool with #13-15 overall too. If they end up in the playoffs though, a little salty.

Reality Check

May 28, 2008

Point is, the goal here isn't just to make the playoffs. Which they could still do this season without Hronek.

Had Detroit not obtained a first round pick, more folks would be against this trade.

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Okay Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
I honestly don't get your takes.

You were in the GDT saying how much the wings suck, how little Larkin deserves an extension, and other takes that all had to do with the wings in a negative tone, and now today trading Hronek is devastating to the team's future and current playoff run.

• Haha
Reactions: Ricelund

Leibinger6

Jul 26, 2018

You were in the GDT saying how much the wings suck, how little Larkin deserves an extension, and other takes that all had to do with the wings in a negative tone, and now today trading Hronek is devastating to the team's future and current playoff run.
If you actually read my posts on this thread, I said multiple times I agree with this trade.

Lazlo Hollyfeld

The jersey ad still sucks
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2004
Ok dumb question but I thought you couldn't trade players who were injured.

Wasn't Hronek hurt last game? Or does a medical exam get him approved as day to day or something?

Leibinger6

Jul 26, 2018

And I still think the Larkin extension was garbage. I’m sure Steve isn’t thrilled about pulling the trigger there.

• Haha
Reactions: Sentinel

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Okay Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
If you actually read my posts on this thread, I said multiple times I agree with this trade.
Okay I went back and read your first post in the thread, sorry, but this thing got a lot of posts really fast and I didn't see that earlier. I was just confused by the seemingly opposing viewpoints.

StargateSG1

Nov 26, 2016
Do you think Hronek would have been traded had they won those two games? Those two games weren't everything, but it seems like it was game over for this season
If Ottawa can do that to us in a "playoff like" game, imagine what Boston will do.
Where was Larkin with his "Ra-Ra-Ra" we feel we can beat anyone nonsense?

OgeeOgelthorpe

Riccis per 60 record holder
Feb 29, 2020
It's up to the Canucks. They must've been comfortable acquiring Hronek even with the injury.

You know, maybe WE’RE the ones overthinking it. What if we Wings fans think we got a total steal when in reality, Hronek helps Vancouver tank so hard they win the lotto?

giphy.gif

Leibinger6

Jul 26, 2018
Okay I went back and read your first post in the thread, sorry, but this thing got a lot of posts really fast and I didn't see that earlier. I was just confused by the seemingly opposing viewpoints.
No problem, I was merely pointing out the elephant in the room. The other side of the story if you will. That being emotional rollercoaster aside, they are still objectively in a great spot to push for a wildcard spot. I was asking how people thought the team would respond; or how this would affect their morale… that’s all.

It’s a delicate balance keeping the players focused and hungry, while sending a different message on the business end. One I’m happy I don’t have to deal with.

StargateSG1

Nov 26, 2016
ah ok. For some reason I had it in my head that there was a policy in the CBA against trading injured players.
They are watching LTIR players traded closely this TDL, that will be "activated for playoffs", as in not allowing it.
Minor brusises are supposedly ok.

Draisatl, meet Sean Avery moment?

Reactions: Lazlo Hollyfeld

DanielMarois

May 25, 2013
I mean you root for them to miss the playoffs, but you also don't want them to win the lottery and move up, because the pick would revert to them and we would have their 2024 pick at that point. NYI have top 12 protection in 2023.
Easy solution, make sure you have a lead late in the third, then let them score so it goes to OT so they get a point, then you beat them in OT or shootout

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad